hawkeye

World of Tanks

Just a hardware note that might be of interest to someone, but probably only me;

I've played using 3Dvision and it looks really good. Well worth checking out if you have access to the glasses. Crosshair gets a little tricky to line up though.

This is the first game I've played that seems to properly utilize quad SLI. Processing and memory usage is spread evenly across each GPU. Usually uses about 32% of the processing power on my GTX295s. The most heat generation is when I'm looking through bushes, trying to be sneaky. I've not taken note if the difference in the processing during this yet.

That's pretty cool

I found early on in the beta, CrossfireX was really bad

Oh and there was a problem with memory (kept running out of graphics memory on all my systems)

It used to dump the texture res down

Doesn't do it anymore, but Windows 7 now complains that the app is using too much

That Windows 7 problem is getting even worse, as Opy would know

I reckon if I can organise something at a mates, I may end up pre-ordering this, and getting the A-32 pack

Only problem is Portal 2 really...

EDIT: And I completely forgot it was launching this soon

I think I may record how far I got very soon

Edited by nobody813

Interested to know what it is that's popping up for you.

I think you mentioned it was something down in the System Tray area.

Maybe experiment with disabling the notifications of everything there and gradually go through enabling 1 a night and see if you can work it out.

I get little flashes coming through occassionally, normally the mouse battery running low, anti virus message or Windows Update message, but it doesn't cause issues, only is visible as flashes of something trying to be seen but hasn't had any proton pills to have enough strength.

Just had an awesome run of games. Spent about 1000 gold on ammo. Might be the last chance I have to play until April 13. Beta was fun. I hope full release doesn't get filled up with a bunch of whiners. Need an /ignore option :)

Just had an awesome run of games. Spent about 1000 gold on ammo. Might be the last chance I have to play until April 13. Beta was fun. I hope full release doesn't get filled up with a bunch of whiners. Need an /ignore option :)

Yeah, I hope that don't happen

I might not go the preorder

Oh and a patch is coming out just before the release, supposedly giving all players who did the beta (maybe only closed) a free tank

I wonder if we get to keep it

I don't know if it's true but the word going around the forums is that Beta testers that have done 1000 battles are elegible for the bonus. No problem for many of us, but if it's true I'm sure some people will feel burned.

It makes a lot of sense though. They want Beta Testers to actually do some testing. Creating a beta account and then only playing for 1 day is not helpful enough to warrant a bonus.

Last post I do in the old thread

From the WoT Forums

World of Tanks: Pre-Release Maintenance

World of Tanks goes live April 12, 2011.

The maintenance works are scheduled for 4:00 am UTC / 0:00 am EDT, April 12.

Esimated downtime - up to 18 hours.

Technical details of the upcoming hardwipe / full reset:

- Banned accounts (the ones on the non-selected server) created during the server-split on January 17 are to be removed.

- Social contacts are to be removed (friends and ingnore lists).

- Registered clans and their members are to be carried over to the release.

- Hardwipe / full reset is to be performed: experience, gold, credits, research progress, modules, equipment, achievements and medals are to be reset.

- Premium tanks for those players who registered using special CBT keys are to be assigned (extra slot included).

- CBT participants registered prior to 27 January 2011 00:00:00 UTC with 1.000 or more battles played according to profile statistics are to be rewarded with M4A2E4 gift tank (extra slot included).

Release version - 0.6.3.11. It will be available for downloading upon the server launch.

Most of that we all know, but this has all the info anyone needs

I will be starting a new thread either pretty much now or later on today

Ok new thread is up

Please do not post in it until the game is live

Back on topic

If my maths is right, at the latest the server work should be done by 8am tomorrow Tassie time, so right when I'm heading out to uni

Look forward too seeing you all tomorrow

Oh and as the friend's list has been wiped, we'll need to go by the new thread for a while