Sign in to follow this  
tantryl

Atomican Recommended Apps List - for iPhone/iPod Touch

* Undercroft - Jagex Games Studio - Free - Old Skool RPG like from the ol 5 1/4" floppy days :) - Undercroft is a dazzling, epic adventure set in a fantasy world full of magic and monsters. With over 20 hours of addicting game play, dozens of quests and over 60 enemies to defeat.

Edited by The Tick

* Undercroft - Jagex Games Studio - Free - Old Skool RPG like from the ol 5 1/4" floppy days :) - Undercroft is a dazzling, epic adventure set in a fantasy world full of magic and monsters. With over 20 hours of addicting game play, dozens of quests and over 60 enemies to defeat.

Just started playing that as well. It's like being back in 1995 - brilliant stuff. Nice straightforward turn-based fantasy RPG. Reminds me a lot of things like Daggerfall, back when sprites were all the rage.

* Oz Radar Lite - McTainsh - Free - Viewer for the BOM rain radars from around Australia. Free alternative to the paid version of PWAU.

Edited by SquallStrife

* Consume - Bjango - Free - It scrapes the "my account" pages of over 200 different services, and displays the stats on big easy-to-read panels. Think ISP quotas, prepaid credit, postpaid 3G usage, E-toll accounts, etc.

Edited by SquallStrife

VLC Media Player - APPLIDIUM - Free - VLC player is an open source multimedia player. it opens almost any file, yet it's very powerful and simple to use. A great alternative to the standard media player as is handles more then just M4v files. - "I use this APP alot, just cut and paste video files without the need to convert, Almost as good as my desktop VLC Player" - Dazerath

Consume bjango free this app looks up my mobile phones current usage stats so I know how much of my CAP is used. the help menu shows that several accounts can be linked to the app to give a current status on your usage. Handy.

edit: beaten by SquallStrife and about 6 months! silly me! thought i could contribute to this valuable thread at last....

Edited by Mr Dump

Have iphone-toting Atomicans found any more must-have apps in the last 8+ months?

Hasn't been a post in here for a while....

I just started using Dolphin Browser for ipad and iphone, awesome browser. I was using Terra which had some cool features, but Dolphin is awesome. Good features, addons available, tabbed browsing for iphone as well.

http://dolphin-browser.com/

A little gem I've been using recently is Mind Maple, simple to use mind mapping software. Free lite version is pretty good so far in my basic use of it; haven't found any annoying limitations. Desktop versions also available. I've been using it to map out thesis ideas, and it's especially good as a vocab tool for language study.

• Like 1