SquallStrife

A wet power board?

Thats on the website, I'm at work so I can't actually listen to whats happening though.

With that said, that thing scares the Berzelius out of me.

'

Edited by Foods

Thats on the website, I'm at work so I can't actually listen to whats happening though.

'

It doesn't say much, and what she says doesn't match her lips - I don't trust her.

'

It doesn't say much, and what she says doesn't match her lips - I don't trust her.

Probably a con no doubt. Was this something seen on the net or in person? and as soon as water got on anything of mine i would stop using it instantly like most sane people.

That video sound like it was made for a school project!

I don't really see the purpose of this, how often do you get your power boards wet?

That video sound like it was made for a school project!

I don't really see the purpose of this, how often do you get your power boards wet?

would be useful when I'm watching TV and microwaving a hot dog in the pool

Water isn't conductive by itself.

If the pathways of the circuit are of less resistance than the particles in the water that are conductive while seperated by relatively large volumes of water, then shit isn't a problem.

This is why if you grab a toaster and throw it into, say, a non conductive fibreglass pool with regular tap water in it... nothing happens. The electricty has nowhere better to go. This gets more complicated if you have a grounding point in the fibreglass pool - then you may have a problem.

'

That was the first thing I noticed as well!

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

'

I know a lot of women like that.

Somehow I don't think anyone should be using electronics they can afford to lose around liquids anyway. :)

'

I know a lot of women like that.

So do I...

I'd add something very basic that we all already know.

Tantryl's point aside, water and electricity don't mix...

I wouldn't trust any electronic device after getting water on it. especially a power board. If it were to happen I'd just buy another power board. they're cheap enough, even the 12 port ones with all the bells and whistles.

I wouldn't trust any electronic device after getting water on it. especially a power board. If it were to happen I'd just buy another power board. they're cheap enough, even the 12 port ones with all the bells and whistles.

?

Why not just dry it out and then use?

You either have too much money or your just a big chicken.

?

Why not just dry it out and then use?

You either have too much money or your just a big chicken.

I'd test it out but im not going to trust a power board that has gotten water on/through it for prolonged use. I've got a 12 port board and it only cost $50. Now I would rather pay that again than run the risk of a now potentially faulty board.

Water isn't conductive by itself.

If the pathways of the circuit are of less resistance than the particles in the water that are conductive while seperated by relatively large volumes of water, then shit isn't a problem.

This is why if you grab a toaster and throw it into, say, a non conductive fibreglass pool with regular tap water in it... nothing happens. The electricty has nowhere better to go. This gets more complicated if you have a grounding point in the fibreglass pool - then you may have a problem.

Expensive way to heat your pool, though!