Sign in to follow this  
ebony man

Experience with Protein Powders?

Well I'm still a lightweight, I wouldn't ever call myself cut :)

Yeah, but you were already pretty cut to begin with, right?

Its hilarious, because I always think of Ghar like the first time I met him, when he was 13.

Now he'd actually have a chance at beating me in a fight.

'

Until Foods uses the 'Alf Stewart combo!' ... it's the combo that never fails!

As for the different ones I've tried.

I like and stick with ProLab N-Large2.

The mix is quite good, and it's delicious and easily mixes into milk with a spoon, I dont bother mixing it to make it perfectly smooth because it just tastes so damn good.

Only 34g out of 100g as protein, and quite high in carbs though.

I usually get it online - http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/australia/p...-n-large-2.html

Edited by Athiril

Unless you're body building, there should be no need to supplement with protien.

Eat more fish and chicken.

For some of us it can be difficult to eat the amount needed, and per gram of protein its a lot cheaper than meat.

Until Foods uses the 'Alf Stewart combo!' ... it's the combo that never fails!

Flamin' Hell!

'

For some of us it can be difficult to eat the amount needed, and per gram of protein its a lot cheaper than meat.

Then eat more carbs. unless you've got a special 'digests protein superfast but doesn't metabolise' disorder, your body will use carbs for energy first, leaving protein for it's main purpose.

Potatoes are cheaper than protein powders.

I've removed some posts from this thread. I'd suggest that if you can't get your point across without resorting to close-minded insults, which we've established are unacceptable here in that context (grey area, up to Moderators discretion) then don't bother posting.

Apologies to anyone who replied with decent info after, PM me and I can send you your post to repost it without the reply.

Oats are always a good standby. Plus you can just cover them with boiling water and eat them like that if you're watching your weight.

I keep a kg tub in my desk at work of oats, but until mentioned here, i completely forgot about them. Too focused on other forms of protein.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

MOAR OATS!

pretty much :D

Actually I do eat a lot of oats, they are delicious. Half-cooked in milk.

Edited by Athiril

i throw some frozen acai berry pulp in there as well if i'm having it for desert.

Why on earth would you do that?

Personally I'm lol-ing at all these different protein powders. The marketing is ridiculous, they all taste like shit, many of them are sugary and will fuck up your plasma lipids / make you fat, and half of them contain hazardous levels of heavy metals like lead, cadmium, mercury, etc [will find link later].

IMO the best option is to go for animal sources - because tuna or chicken breast go with peri peri sauce and to be honest, protein powders do not - and grab some organic whey protein isolate that has no freaky flavourants, preservatives or additives (or lead or mercury) and add some fresh fruit or some cocoa or something.

The main issue is that protein powders are not regulated like drugs, because they're supplements... and they're also not regulated like normal foods, because they're supplements. The safety brackets are completely different. And it's hard to go wrong when the entire ingredients list is like... "Whey Protein".

Edited by cobwebs in the sky

Big fan of going natural (Beans, meat etc). Powders have a low absorption rate compared to just getting from the animals. (The protein don't mean diddly if you don't get the amino acids to go with it).

On the other thought. . Gharph.. Light weight? CRIKEY!! I thought you were heavier than that. I just checked my weight and double checked the chart. I'm light-heavy weigh (Approx 80kg) borderline amateur heavyweight... That's scary... Especially when I see what the build of boxers are that are heavy weight. I'm nowhere near as cut as them.

Makes me ponder.....

Still pondering...

AD