xclusve

Audio Issues with HDMI on laptop

Im having a few issues with getting HDMI to work the way its ment to when i connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI

when i connect the laptop via HDMI i can get the video to all work fine but the audio never seems to play through the TV, Does anyone know if ya need some sort of special codec or sumthing or how do i get the audio side of things working????

Any help would be great!!

Don't bother telling us what laptop or TV you have, it couldn't possibly be of any help :P

Rob.

Don't bother telling us what laptop or TV you have, it couldn't possibly be of any help :P

Rob.

Just hdmi in Freeman or is it different for every laptop but I got a Dell and asus lappy

Does the sound control panel show that sound is being played through it? The bars on the right of it should be lighting up green.

Yea it does show it's being playd as it is lighting up green there is just no sound

if you've got an Nvidia card i Know there is a thing floating on the net to turn on/off HDMI auto, i think it's called DLPfix or something like that, basically just changes a few reg entries in the driver to enable it.

I had to do this to get audio working on my media PC over HDMI.

hope you get it working

I sell televisions on the weekend and last weekend I had a customer (young tech savvy kid about 19) who told me his Sony television won't accept HDMI audio from his computer. Not sure what mobo he had, but he said the mobo had HDMI and it's a known issue with certain Sony TVs.

He mentioned 3rd party programs that fix the problem for him, but I sold him a bigger & better TV anyway :D

Have you googled the TV model number along with "PC HDMI audio" or similar? That might get you onto one of said 3rd party programs?