Sign in to follow this  
Pimps_2000

New Dental surgery computers

Hey man, you're the one that cut off my request for more information with an assumption that the answer would be useless.

Hey man, you're the one that cut off my request for more information with an assumption that the answer would be useless.

Well considering the evidence so far....

Its a software issue......

The Op has probably been scared off by this stage.

Hasn't logged on since yesterday

The Op has probably been scared off by this stage.

I don't see why, he was given sound advice under the circumstances "For a mission critical computer with patients private records on it, then get a professional to set up and maintain it" Regardless he was given advice on how to stop auto reboot and post the blue screen info here so we can help, and until he does it's all speculation.

mudg3 you know it all! :P

No bro I know but a grain of sand in the sea of information.

mudg3 you know it all! :P

He certainly comes across that way.

Thanks for adding to this thread.

Confidence comes with repeated success in problem solving.

There is no better feeling than getting a machine going when customers have been told it's unfixable.

Firstly Mudge and who ever else came to the conclusion that i dont back up.. I do. its done via an internet connection and is automatic. YOu have jumped the gun in assuming that im a dumb ass. GO fuck your selves. Those who havnt assumed ill give you more info onthe setup and the problem at hand and thanks for the help. I have a Gts 250 as there is dental software that i use that requries 3d rendering of digital images of teeth. EG we scan you mouth and its rendered in 3d and i plan implants using this.

I went to the techheads and they said to me it was software related and to reinstall windows 7. Which i did. The problem disappeared for a 1 day ...the BSOD came back.

IF my local computer techies dont know, so i came here to ask for help. If you aint got anything constructive to say then leave this thread alone....

This Computer that im building IS NOT IN THE DENTAL SURGERY yet. i need to make sure its stable.

THE BSOD IS Still Happening : and this is the Windows message once i successfully boot :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1a

BCP1: 0000000000041284

BCP2: 00000000752BD001

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF70001080000

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\071710-21013-01.dmp

C:\Users\nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42463-0.sysdata.xml

Now i have these dmp files on my computer but cant seem to attach them to this thread.

and yes i love gaming. i subscrbed to this lovely mag for many years... i used to game on the computer at work but now.. im grown up :)

ill disable autoreboot and ill post some of the BSOD messages.

and yes i love gaming. i subscrbed to this lovely mag for many years... i used to game on the computer at work but now.. im grown up :)

That would be helpful.

ok some specs about this computer which is in my bed room and not at the dental surgery:

asus pt6 mobo

gts 250 graphics card

on board sound hooked up to a logitech thx 5.1 surround sound.

42 " screen LCD tv monitor

6 megs of ram... ill open it up and find out what ram it is and power supply.

power supply is a coolmaster 650 rs ...

ram is g skill f3-12800cl9t-6gbnq

ddr3-1600 pc3 12800 2gb x3

cl-9-9-9-24 1.5 v

thanks for your help cyber glitch.

waited too long for BSOD testing the ram now.

Edited by Pimps_2000

Firstly Mudge and who ever else came to the conclusion that i dont back up.. I do. its done via an internet connection and is automatic. YOu have jumped the gun in assuming that im a dumb ass. GO fuck your selves.

Ok so you have back up, you must forgive us for thinking that you did not know a great deal about servers, as you chose a gaming system for a server. Telling people who are trying to help to go fuck them selves is a bit piss weak IMHO.

Firstly Mudge and who ever else came to the conclusion that i don't back up.. I do. its done via an internet connection and is automatic. You have jumped the gun in assuming that I'm a dumb ass. GO fuck your selves.

Lol

Those who havnt assumed ill give you more info onthe setup and the problem at hand and thanks for the help. I have a Gts 250 as there is dental software that i use that requries 3d rendering of digital images of teeth. EG we scan you mouth and its rendered in 3d and i plan implants using this.

Thats great mate. Doesn't sound like a server to me this would have helped in your original post.

I went to the techheads and they said to me it was software related and to reinstall windows 7. Which i did. The problem disappeared for a 1 day ...the BSOD came back.

If It is software then you've most likely reinstalled it again. Something is conflicting if thats the case your going to have to un-install your applications to try and find the culprit. Whats this software you use for teeth how old is it? You sure it dosent have any compatibility issues with windows 7?

With the medical software I've worked with alot of it was old and had issues running on the software and hardware it wasn't specified too.

IF my local computer techies dont know, so i came here to ask for help. If you aint got anything constructive to say then leave this thread alone....

Ohh I have constructive input but it just seems you don't want to hear it

This Computer that im building IS NOT IN THE DENTAL SURGERY yet.

This is OP would have helped but you still would get the same result.

THE BSOD IS Still Happening : and this is the Windows message once i successfully boot :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1a

BCP1: 0000000000041284

BCP2: 00000000752BD001

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF70001080000

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\071710-21013-01.dmp

C:\Users\nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42463-0.sysdata.xml

Now i have these dmp files on my computer but cant seem to attach them to this thread.

Hah the DMP file is going to be a couple of hundred mb you can open them up in notepad though and read through and perhaps find the service that is causing you the trouble

You're grown up but you cant type. Are you a dentist?

Take some pictures of those BSOD's and post them

6 megs of ram...

You've been ripped off you should have gotten 6gb :p

Edited by mudg3

thats correct i cant type... i have big fingers and the women arent complaining....

more of a case of i type fast and cant be bothered correcting my typing errors.

yes i was ripped off 6 megs instead of 6 gigs. same same but different :)

memtest running first memory chip.

also i dont think i have made it quite clear as to the set up of the surgery and its IT needs, as some of you have questioned why use a highly spec computers for the file server. Each surgery room will require a dedicated 3d cards and some mild grunt. We use 3d rendering systems for the teeth and implant planning, invisalign 3d clinical checks and Cerec 3d systems which require 3d cards. the only computer that does not require 3d grunt is the computer that is in the sterilsation room, which uses a scanner to make sure each sterlised instrument is scanned to each patient (also known as sterlisation tracking) May be i was a bit misleading in calling the server a file server.. which it is.. But the server need to be capable of handling data back and forth.

the first 2 gig memory chip has passed its test after 1 hour of testing. and no blue screen of death. on to the second gig of memory

Edited by Pimps_2000

thats correct i cant type... i have big fingers and the women arent complaining....

more of a case of i type fast and cant be bothered correcting my typing errors.

yes i was ripped off 6 megs instead of 6 gigs. same same but different :)

memtest running first memory chip.

I like how you keep pointing at how much of a man you are.

Funny when you add things like "I have my computer in my bedroom with on board sound hooked up to a logitech thx 5.1 surround sound.

42 " screen LCD tv monitor"

Sounds like you're trying to compensate for something, maybe the fact that you live with your parents still :o

:P

nuke jockey come to my dental surgery and ill give you some special treament :)

i got extra $$$ so i shelled out on the things i like computers :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Have you tested the RAM yet?

You're outside the green room?

/faint

In times gone by, I was one of the most prolific posters in this section. I still stick my head in every now & then to help where I can. Unfortunately, I don't much around building & troubleshooting PCs as much as I used to, so I'm no longer able to give advice when it comes to building/upgrading new PCs, but occasionally what was relevant years ago is still relevant now.

memtested all 3 memory chips.. all is clear. i spent 30 minutes on each of them using memtester im hoping thats enough time.

im going to use the intel stress tester.