Sign in to follow this  
Pimps_2000

New Dental surgery computers

That BSOD error code would help

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Have you tested the RAM yet?

You're outside the green room?

/faint

In times gone by, I was one of the most prolific posters in this section. I still stick my head in every now & then to help where I can. Unfortunately, I don't much around building & troubleshooting PCs as much as I used to, so I'm no longer able to give advice when it comes to building/upgrading new PCs, but occasionally what was relevant years ago is still relevant now.

Man I love stirring you.

mudg3, learn to help people without openly ridiculing them.

After getting told to go fuck himself (I am assuming this was directed at a few others as well) whilst also providing some valuable info to the OP I think he has the right to some form of self defense.

edit: I am surprised anyone is willing to help the OP actually after the post telling everyone to go fuck themselves.

Edited by nesquick

After getting told to go fuck himself (I am assuming this was directed at a few others as well) whilst also providing some valuable info to the OP I think he has the right to some form of self defense.

edit: I am surprised anyone is willing to help the OP actually after the post telling everyone to go fuck themselves.

His attitude toward the OP was hardly appropriate in the first place. He should know better.

Now let's get back on topic.

SceptreCore, cut the stirring, it's not helping the thread or your image.

That's right... I have image.

P.S. Until we can get an indication of what's causing the problems.... can't really get about the solving of this problem.

His attitude toward the OP was hardly appropriate in the first place. He should know better.

Personal attacks like what was said should not be tolerated though, its in the FAQ's.

He didn't tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

Personal attacks like what was said should not be tolerated though, its in the FAQ's.

It wasn't a personal attack.

It wasn't a personal attack.

telling someone to go fuck themselves cause they asumed he was not backing files up is a personal attack.

telling someone to go fuck themselves cause they are trolling and causing everyone to get upset would fall outside the confines of it however, IMO anyway.

I've already asked for this thread to go back on topic. The moderators are more than capable of dealing with this issue (in fact, it's already been dealt with).

Edit: Offtopic posts following this have been removed.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Meh its not really a big deal Its only a forum and I've been told worse :)

I'm only really interested in sorting out this problem.

intel stress tester set to max. run time : 30

ive waited all day for the BSOD but nothing.....!!!

Ok Is this with all your software that the workstation PC will be using in the office though?

Edited by mudg3

just an update. ive ran the intel burning test. 50 times set to max. system is stable according to the test.

The night before though it did give me a blue screen of Death, but i didnt turn off the automatic reboot. so i couldnt get the details of the error message.

Since then i have rebooted system restored a working session of win 7, applied some updates and unistalled steam and reinstalled steam ( i love tf2 and CSS) and no BSOD since.. i willpost any error messages if i get them.

Mudge you raised a really good point The dental software has not been installed on the new system. But there are several dental software that i use. The patient files and notes are windows 7 compatible, the Image suite ( x ray and photographs ) is fully compatible with win 7. The implant software is win xp and win vista compatible as of MArch 2010, its now july 2010. I think i should check my software vendors to make sure they are ready for win7. I know that all of them are compatible with win xp but id rather have win 7 if i can get it.

going searching on the web to make sure they are compatible.

Edited by Pimps_2000

Hold on. So.

This is YOUR peronal PC, that RUNS the dental software.

However its also your home PC that you game on?

AND its trying to support the other PCs in the business?

This is bad juju. Dedicated machines friend. Please.

The night before though it did give me a blue screen of Death, but i didnt turn off the automatic reboot. so i couldnt get the details of the error message.

Since then i have rebooted system restored a working session of win 7, applied some updates and unistalled steam and reinstalled steam ( i love tf2 and CSS) and no BSOD since.. i willpost any error messages if i get them.

Ok well if your going to be using this machine in the work place only have the software your going to be using on it right now. Until you figure out whats going on having steam and all your other home software is just going to complicate things more. I'm starting to think you should get yourself another computer for work and keep this one for your games and stuff.

Mudge you raised a really good point The dental software has not been installed on the new system. But there are several dental software that i use. The patient files and notes are windows 7 compatible, the Image suite ( x ray and photographs ) is fully compatible with win 7. The implant software is win xp and win vista compatible as of MArch 2010, its now july 2010. I think i should check my software vendors to make sure they are ready for win7. I know that all of them are compatible with win xp but id rather have win 7 if i can get it.

going searching on the web to make sure they are compatible.

Yeah give their support lines a call and just tell them what your trying to do unless they want to charge you $120 h/r for phone support (which most medical software company's do)

agreed mudge.

for $500 you can get a good file-server. and the server itself (when it shares to the other PCs) on be doing th 3D so it wont need anything but HDD's, motherboard+cpu, and LAN.

EDIT: desktop hardware based file server. Since thats what you seem to want.

Edited by Master_Scythe

Hold on. So.

This is YOUR peronal PC, that RUNS the dental software.

However its also your home PC that you game on?

AND its trying to support the other PCs in the business?

This is bad juju. Dedicated machines friend. Please.

the plan was to use this computer once it is stable at work. if it continues to give me more bsod then win xp or use for home. THe same troublesome computer is now at my home whilst i find out whats going on with it. it has never ran any dental software yet or even stepped into the dental surgery. sinlge computer and looking for one location.

The computer was left on whilst i went grocery shopping..no intel tests on at all..... It shutdown by itself no restarts. Windows detected an error and recovered from a blue screen. I thought i pressed the do not restart the computer... it didnt .. it shut down the computer.. I didnt see any error BLue screen of death messages when i got back. i rebooted the computer and got a " windows recoevered from e blue screen error " dump file etc....

so still i dont have a blue screen erroe for you guys yet.. ill just have to wait a bit longer..

Edited by Pimps_2000

BSOD can = parts are too hot.

self-shutdown usually = safety shutdown overheat.

What are your temps like?

Also worth a note, if its meant to be headless, take the graphics card out and uninstall the drivers. then remote desktop into the PC. home user video and audio drivers cause the most problems with system stability. In all my 'home hardware servers' I disable all sound cards, and use onboard video only (set to 'auto' which usually disables it if it doesnt sense a monitor)

This is a really annoying thread. the op seams dead set on testing this 'server' as a desktop pc. and that is making most of us here quite frustrated.

This box will have a specific task, so only install what you absolutely have to have on there. the more code you have on the box the more of a chance you have for bad things happening.

I would like to try to eliminate win 7 from the equation here, try a linux cd. Grab Ubuntu burn to disk and boot it up live. let the pc sit, if 'bad things happen' then start looking at your hardware. if not then we have a better bet on a software issue between all of the stuff you have chucked at that box.

My theory's are 1.) something software wise does not like win 7 or 2.) a bad HSF install.

I have my money on heat.

Also, agreed on the software. My server only has OS, AllwaySync, and DriveImageXML (and the piriform tools, but they're there to keep things clean occasionally)

hi guys, ive learnt lots already from this forum, Memetest86, intel burn test and now speed fan.

speed fan reading currently under no stress test :

GPU CPU system core 1,2,3,4,aux all around 28-30C

CPU fan aPm 1975 APM

system fan 0

aux fan 0

aux fan 0

aux fan

so basically ive got the following : GPU fan and CPU fan,, and 1 FAn that is attached to the Grills that sucks air from the Cpu area to outside the grill,next to all the cables, however speedfan does not detect this. I also have a second fan that sucks air from the cpu region and expells air outside the cover ( but its not connected as i am removing and closing the cover all the time)

CPU GPU appears to be cool.

now how do i find the south bridge? read the manual :P ? sone one advised me to touch and feel the south bridge.

ill read the manual :)

Sparky my preference would be to have this is as a file server at my dental surgery and I can play games on this beast of a rig at work. EG 6pm has come and there is huge traffic jams.. i game on the net for 30 minutes.....instead of being stuck on the road in peak hour.

but i do take your point that the more i install in the computer the more troubles it may have. Worse comes to worse i will format like i did before.

I ve just updated the bios, sound and lan and Gcard drivers to the latest.

Edited by Pimps_2000