Sign in to follow this  
Pimps_2000

New Dental surgery computers

Sparky my preference would be to have this is as a file server at my dental surgery and I can play games on this beast of a rig at work. EG 6pm has come and there is huge traffic jams.. i game on the net for 30 minutes.....instead of being stuck on the road in peak hour.

Jesus Fucking Christ! If you want to play games at work, do the business a favour and build a seperate PC for gaming.

Posted Image

Sparky my preference would be to have this is as a file server at my dental surgery and I can play games on this beast of a rig at work. EG 6pm has come and there is huge traffic jams.. i game on the net for 30 minutes.....instead of being stuck on the road in peak hour.

Jesus Fucking Christ! If you want to play games at work, do the business a favour and build a seperate PC for gaming.

Posted Image

LOL, Fucking LOL Edited by unr3strict3d

I got told to fuck off for saying that..

I have a thick skin.

I have a thick skin.

hey same man.

I have a thick skin.

hey same man.

I have a thick head too!

............?

All well and good, but having been a sysadmin (And still am) for a dental surgery, you actually need a pretty hefty server for the backend. Frontend PCs can be trash.

The software which I've worked with is "D4W" (Dental for Windows). It chews the ram like no tomorrow. It needs plenty of hard drive space.

Graphics are waste of time on it. You can get away with anything that can do 256 colours at 1024x768.

Hi speed network is good.

If you start doing digital xrays and need to serve those out to the dental suites, account for that in drive space too.. (Again. Hefty drive space). Not much in the way of processor usage though.

Not sure if D4W supports Win7/Vista. It should (I believe a recent update came out that supported it).

At the end of the day, a mid-range CPU, lots of RAM and HDD is required on the server in a dental surgery.

(Hope that helps)

AD

Access denied that the same software that i use dental4windows version 11. SQL data base. it runs on win dows 7 perfectly.

its my other software that renders 3d that does not fully support win7 64 bit. the 3d nobelguide works in windows 7 but in 32 bit only not 64 bit.

back to this Blue screen of death :

IT happned !!

system_service_exception

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. IF this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturere for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Diable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to slect advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000003B (ox00000000c0000005,0xffff88010b542a8,0xfffff88008dfa800,0x000000000000000000000

00)

***dxgkrnl.sys- address FFFFF88010b542a8 base at FFFFF88010a7f000, datestamp 4ac5509e

collecting date for crash dump..

initialising disk for crash dump...

beginning of dump physical memory

dumping to physical memory to disk 100

physical memory dump complete

on reboot:

windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3080

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: FFFFF88010B542A8

BCP3: FFFFF88008DFA800

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\072110-21356-01.dmp

C:\Users\nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40887-0.sysdata.xml

Edited by Pimps_2000

For future reference, I would've gone with a low-mid range Xeon, ECC RAM, appropriate motherboard from a well known brand, and 4x1TB HDDs split into two RAID1 volumes.

That would have been far more appropriate.

As for your stability problems:

How long did you run memtest and the CPU testing program for? Am I correct in thinking you only ram memtest for 30 minutes? That is not enough.

Rob.

Most likely, DirectX issues for above blue screen. I think it's direct draw. Try disabling hardware acceleration of graphics and try again. It may not be as pretty. If crashing goes away, that's it.

Check for latest re-distributable from MS and try that.

AD

Microsoft information on that error is here

Further info here.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...34-2f9f5ecf7160

May I take a guess as to what you did?

You installed Windows 7 and were happy it founmd all your drivers by default. And went ahead using it.

What you SHOULD have done is installed your GPU drivers and Audio usually too, before using a system, all the others can be 'windows defaults' without stability isues i find.

Am i right? or way off?

well i installed all the drivers on the asus p6t disk. and then when i started running into BSOD i then installed nvidia drivers..

i have the latest Nvidia driver forthe gts 250.

I dont think its 3d hardware acceleration at all.. the comp Freezes even when i do nothing.....

mudge i got 2 graphics cards. a 250 gts and a 260 gtx .. i think they use the same drivers...

i also got a legacy graphics card. ill drop that in. so far i havnt had issues with the latest drivers for the 250 gts though.

no, thats OK for load, but its he edge of OK. suppose if you have hyperthreading still enabled that'd explain it.

Speaking of....

BIOS:

disable hyperthreading, HPET, AHCI, serial ports, paralel port, and anything else you dont need.

If I were you, I'd be installing ONLY the GPU drivers and letting windows use their own. Also, you dont have to be doing something 3D for your car to be processing some 3D. Especially in WIndows7 with its effects.