Sign in to follow this  
Pimps_2000

New Dental surgery computers

yes when i tested the intel burn it detected 8 cores.. so hyperthreading was on. ill go intobios and disable some features that i dont need. thanks for the help. So far 1 day with out BSOD

So far 1 day with out BSOD

And THAT will piss you off the most, lol.

EVERY home PC ive ever bought has 'settled down'. Started as the most unstable piece of shit, and BSOD after BSOD, got less unstable.

I asked here a long time ago if its possible for PC components to 'wear in' and got a resounding 'yes' from everyone who answered. May be the case.

might be a case of microsoft and manufacturers giving us better drivers that are more compatible with new operating systems. This has been my first reapeated encounter with BSOD, and its also been my first encounter at a rather recently released operating system. In the past i would use the o/s that is one version behind. eg when vista came our i used win xp, when win xp came out i was using win 98, when win 98 came out i was using win 95.

Southbridge is the purple thing

Posted Image

Sparky my preference would be to have this is as a file server at my dental surgery and I can play games on this beast of a rig at work. EG 6pm has come and there is huge traffic jams.. i game on the net for 30 minutes.....instead of being stuck on the road in peak hour.

Jesus Fucking Christ! If you want to play games at work, do the business a favour and build a seperate PC for gaming.

Posted Image

This is one the biggest things about Atomic forums I hate, 1shot. Telling people what they can't fucking do. Its Atomic, I wanna do everything. So shove off.

Edited by Antraman

This is one the biggest things about Atomic forums I hate, 1shot. Telling people what they can't fucking do. Its Atomic, I wanna do everything. So shove off.

I said the same thing though and hes right.

meh. doesn't stop anyone making an alt account.

Lets not turn this into "1shot is banned"

OP its time for a update!

Not much use complaining about 1shot any more as he is no longer here.

Yeah..........they made such a big deal about the ignore feature on this board and then they ban people because others are too lazy to use it!

meh. doesn't stop anyone making an alt account.

Lets not turn this into "1shot is banned"

OP its time for a update!

I still say its heat, though I think the OP may have already answered his own question...

Access denied that the same software that i use dental4windows version 11. SQL data base. it runs on win dows 7 perfectly.

its my other software that renders 3d that does not fully support win7 64 bit. the 3d nobelguide works in windows 7 but in 32 bit only not 64 bit.

ok fellas just an update:

it has been 3 days since and no blue screren of Death..

The only thing i have done was to update the 3d card drivers from nvidia to the latestt as they relaeased one recently.

I have had no problems since. AND I INSTALLED steam TF2 ANd Starcraft2. When the time comes i will format the hole HDD and make it purely DAta for the dental surgery as it will be the server.

ive ran the intel burn tests with speed fans the cores runing at 65-72 C. Meme test has been done all is good so far. id say give it a week before we can celebrate. :)

Edited by Pimps_2000

Did you let memtest go for 24 hours?

and if your second piece of software is a bitch about win 7 then just get a vm of xp running.

Another BSOD :

this time :

Memory_management

technical info :

STOP : 0x000001A

BCCode: 1a

BCP1: 0000000000005003

BCP2: FFFFF780C0000000

BCP3: 0000000000001A9D

BCP4: 00001A9B0004353A

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

shhiiiit !!!

and i didnt run memtest for 24 hours...i just ran each ram module for 30 minutes each..

run memtest for 24 hours for each ram chip ? or all 3 together ?

Edited by Pimps_2000

Ok this machine is giving me the shits... i will use this machine for a gaming. it not reliable enough for server duties.

Can you guys give me a suggestion one what type of spec i should get for my server :

It just functions as a database and file server. send them to 10 clients on the network. the files are mainly jpegs of zrays and database information to clients. The 3d rendering of teeth and mouths is all handled on the client computers.

So in terms of specs what do you guys recommend to get a RELIABLE server. I want to use win 7 64 bit rahter than win xp.

thanks in advance guys.

I'd be inclined to get a PowerEdge T110 or somthing like that as I stated above its going to be best if you ring up and have a chat to a local PC store or contractor that does SMB stuff.

If not we "could" build something again. Regardless have you done a format on the machine?

Yeah, it's funny how a new install can work better than a previous one.

Anyway, just a story of how shit can go wrong........

I built this 16 camera security machine in a heavy duty rack mount case.........pretty standard.............tested it for a week.........no probs.

Electrician picks it takes it away to install it in a pub somewhere............I get a call 2 days later...........it was all working and suddenly stopped.

I do all the stuff I can over the phone........no go.

I get him to pull it out and bring it to me.

Stick it on the bench.........looks like the motherboard is dead, so I pull it out.........revealing four holes underneath where they'd mounted this thing in a cupboard with tech screws from underneath!

They obviously misjudged the length or let them pull too far into the wood.......enough to just hit the underneath of the board.

Needless to say, I was pissed off but not as much as them when they got the bill after they had voided the warranty!

the system was running smoothly for a few days an dnow it is regularly getting blue screens of death:

i ran memt est with the three ram modules and found an error !!

SO the mofo has ram issues !!

ill now test each and every ram moduile seperately.

Ok well if its all running at stock if can give you grounds from a RMA.

random instability is most likely the motherboard since you tested everything else, correct?

had it happen to me a while ago where the mobo was dead but erratic in its operation so I couldn't prove it was dead.

mudge i didnt understand what you said .. RMA ? my ram is all running at stock, everything is running stock i have not overclocked anything in the system.

ive memtested on ram chip for about 12 hours all ok.

ill test the second ram chip and see if there is errors.

If you get a ram error in memtest it doesnt necessarily have to be a ram issue ? it might be mother board as well ? mobo is what connects everything ? correct me if im wrong.

If you get a ram error in memtest it doesnt necessarily have to be a ram issue ? it might be mother board as well ? mobo is what connects everything ? correct me if im wrong.

True. Test the RAM in the another system, that might rule them out completely