1shot1kill

Beemers.

Whaddaya reckon? I'm starting that my next car will be one that I've liked for a damn long time now...Yep, a BMW 318i.

They're getting close to being within my budget (or maybe I'm finally starting to earn enough money to be able to afford one), and I reckon this is a good example of the sort of thing that I'm after.

Making no promises right now, but I think it'd be a step up from the old 'rolla.

I love me some BMW's. The interiors are much like any other luxury car, but their exterior design is gorgeous. You can spot them a mile away just by the unique curvature of the bonnets.

I was in a 740i the other day and I must say it was one of the nicest cars I have ever sat in. Very very nice.

Friend of a friend is the leading BMW tech in Melbourne and not even he says he'd want to own one. Brand new 7 series had to have a tranny swap ($19,000 expense to BMW) because Germany couldn't figure out why it refused to change gears.

I assume it's called the same thing on cars, but their bikes use a can-bus system where a digital signal circulates around a loop. Want the left indicator to come on? A signal leaves the computer and a microchip in the indicator picks it up and activates the blinkers.

Good luck, don't say you weren't warned.

Edited by Bastard Child

after looking at your link, it appears we're after pretty much the same vehicle.

Won't be getting one this year, that's for sure. But that's the sort of thing I'm after. Low km for age, around $6k.

Yep... cost a fuckload to fix, and more than most to service.

Doubt it'd be as unreliable as most Benzes though - they cut corners in order to compete with Japan.

But still, that's a nice looking car for 6 Grand - you'd pay about that for a late AU, and it's more stylish than an average new car.

What about another EB? :P

My last two cars were EBs.

I know... that's why I thought that'd be funny to post that. I have a good memory... don't forget!

$6K is a bit more than I'd spend on a car, but if it's a good deal go for it! My idiot brother's just bought himself a 3-year-old 1 series for over $30000.

Buy something American, they are much more reliable than German products.

I laughed at that... so I'm pretty sure it was a joke... but put a little smiley next time.

1shot must be drunk..............it's my only answer..........

....well, I know I am!

Hey, me too!

CUNT!

I laughed at that... so I'm pretty sure it was a joke... but put a little smiley next time.

Why would that be a joke?

Whoa, slow down old man...

Watch your tongue..............young buck!

Hey...........that rhymes with silly fuck!

How convenient!

Why would that be a joke?
Seriously? American cars are shit.

1shot... you need something to make you feel a bit more youffull

I'm done with Fals for the time being, although in the last month I've driven a G6 and two different XR6s and loved them all.