Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
radioBirdman

iPhone 3GS battery problems

Hi folks,

Twice in the last week, I have found my 3GS has switched itself off with no battery life. Both times this has happened, the battery life had been showing 30 - 40% only 20 minutes earlier. I've gotten no warnings. It's just died.

Now I know the battery life on these suckers isn't great, but my phone is about 6 or 8 months old and it's always been *ok* on the battery. I turn wifi off if I'm not using it. Same with bluetooth. i tend to run it down to 10% before i charge it and I do my best to only ever take if off the charge when it's 100% full.

Yes the phone is jailbroken (Blackra1n), but it has been jailbroken since the day I got it, while this issue is new.

It's running 3.1.2 (and has done since i got it I think).

Not sure I can think of anything else that might be relevant... Do any of you smarties have any clues as to why this is happening?

My googling isn't bringing up much helpful information :/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

As unfortunate as it is off the cuff this does sound like a failing battery, or possibly something in the power regulation. I'd backup everything you can, then reset your phone to factory and make a warranty claim....

bugger bugger bugger. A replacement will have the new baseband that can't be jailbroken afaik :( (Not with Blackra1n anyway)

Maybe I should wait till iPhone 4 is out and then claim... Do ya think I'd get an iPhone 4? or nah... they'd give me a reconditioned 3GS wouldn't they...