Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SacrificialNewt

Quickest Peak Hour Route

I frequently need to travel from near Ashfield to near Rouse Hill during evening peak hour. I have been leaving at 4.40pm and only just making it to the kids' daycare centre in time for the 6.30pm closing time. I have been traveling fairly parallel to Paramatta Rd until I hit the Croydon Rd area which is quick and then I was going via Parramatta Rd and onto Ruse Drive which is a nightmare since people have discovered the M4 is now slower than Parramatta Rd. I have gone through and devised a new route but having never used some of these roads, if people know any of these roads can you tell me if I'll come to grief by not being able to turn where I want to etc.?

Once I hit the Ruse Drv/Parramatta Rd overpass I know it's smooth sailing so anything beyond that is fine.

From Elizabeth St Summer Hill...

R @ Croydon Road

Cross Parramatta Rd into Arlington

L @ Queens

R @ Croydon

L @ Parramatta

R @ Alfred

L@ Hassall

R @ Harris

L@ Isabella

S into Castle

L @ Barney

R @ Parramatta

Thanks for any input :)

Edited by SacrificialNewt

I'd stay on Croydon rd at Croydon and go across Parra rd, then take Queens Rd all the way up to Concord RD, turn right, then left over Nth Strathfield Station and cut thru Olympic Park and Hit Silverwater Rd via Holker St (next to the clink). Turn right, up to Victoria and then onto James Ruse.

Damn, this is the reason I moved to be 10 minutes walk from work, and there's a childcare centre about mid way en route.

I'm crap at trying to make it through or past peak hour, from anywhere to anywhere.

Can you start earlier and leave half an hour earlier? Might make a big difference.

Damn, this is the reason I moved to be 10 minutes walk from work, and there's a childcare centre about mid way en route.

I'm crap at trying to make it through or past peak hour, from anywhere to anywhere.

Can you start earlier and leave half an hour earlier? Might make a big difference.

I might have to but then I run the risk of thinking 'hey, it's only 4pm I've got more time'. I never seem to be able to finish in time.

Today I was 5 minutes late and had to pay $10 for it. Oh well.

I wish we could move closer (or even to Narellan where Spent works) but we are staying for the sake of my 15yo and her desire to stay at this school and with her friends. Ridiculous I know except that she's been to 5 different schools in 5 years and when we promised we wouldn't change again with the last school but did anyway. There's lots more to it too but for now, we're staying here I guess.

Best of luck finding a quicker route, don't kmow the area myself.

Had to bump he thread to say I read the subject as "Quickest Parkour Route, From Ashfield to Rouse Hill in peak hour."

Funny 'cause parkour is partly about creating your own route that is the shortest and most direct line between you and your destination.

And 'cause I had a funny vision of a briefcase and crackberry wielding suit actually doing it. Now you can too.

I'd stay on Croydon rd at Croydon and go across Parra rd, then take Queens Rd all the way up to Concord RD, turn right, then left over Nth Strathfield Station and cut thru Olympic Park and Hit Silverwater Rd via Holker St (next to the clink). Turn right, up to Victoria and then onto James Ruse.

How'd you go?