Sign in to follow this  
xguntherc

Crysis Warhead

Damn straight it does...although I still keep going through the 40gig peak allowance each and every month.

I've no self control..."I want to watch XXXX tonight, not tomorrow morning!!"

1 til 7 am? I was on that for a while.

Stepped up to the 150gig plan...off-peak is 3 til 9 am.

Bought Clear Sky and Warhead through Steam also.

The 150GB plan rocks eh?

Anyhoo, I honestly think atm that Farcry 2 looks the better game. Not sure what you mean by a lagfest Confined, but we'll see.

The graphics look on par with the Crysis engine, but the engine's different. Hopefully the gameplay is too, but we'll see.

Not holding my breath on either though, but I'm likely to get Farcry 2 at launch rather than wait and see like I will with Warhead =P

Yeh the 150 plan 40/110 does kick ass once you setup scheduling I think I will run pretty close to my 110 for the first time in a year. (new pc plus 750GB HDD)

The of peak times are shit though I need to get up early instead of staying up till just before peak starts. Does anyone know how to schedual Steam without using netlimiter?

If I can't pre-load the 7 GB is going to take like 12 hours I won't be playing till saturday what a load of shit! I only get 200 - 500 KB through steam.

Went into EB tonight and my friend said it will be available September 25th, not sure if thats for all stores

I never got the original Crysis but at 50 RRP I'm not gonna miss out this one.

Hope you're right there.

$30 on Steam ;-)

Went into EB tonight and my friend said it will be available September 25th, not sure if thats for all stores

I never got the original Crysis but at 50 RRP I'm not gonna miss out this one.

Hope you're right there.

$30 on Steam ;-)

Damn straight.

Available on the 18th of September, too.

The 150GB plan rocks eh?

Anyhoo, I honestly think atm that Farcry 2 looks the better game. Not sure what you mean by a lagfest Confined, but we'll see.

The graphics look on par with the Crysis engine, but the engine's different. Hopefully the gameplay is too, but we'll see.

Not holding my breath on either though, but I'm likely to get Farcry 2 at launch rather than wait and see like I will with Warhead =P

Just seemed to chug a bit in the trailers I have seen - which is totally understandable for a game that is pre-beta.

But I still think when it comes out it is going to slay my PC, even with all the eye candy off. I'm always happy to turn down the eye candy if it gives me high frame rates.

Basically I'm just bitter. :P

The 150GB plan rocks eh?

Just seemed to chug a bit in the trailers I have seen - which is totally understandable for a game that is pre-beta.

But I still think when it comes out it is going to slay my PC, even with all the eye candy off. I'm always happy to turn down the eye candy if it gives me high frame rates.

Basically I'm just bitter. :P

I'm thinking of preordering it, Fallout 3, and one of those ridiculously expensive keyboard + mouse convertors for the PS3 =P~

Keyboard and mouse, decent games, and 1080p. Win =P

Okay according to Official Steam time: Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 1:14 am should be able to download and play this fucker.

1. Why the tits can't I?

2. Not even a pre-load option WTF!

*EDIT*

More info found

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/

Available: September 18th, 2008

This game will unlock in approximately 16 hours

Fuck you steam!

Okay according to Official Steam time: Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 1:14 am should be able to download and play this fucker.

1. Why the tits can't I?

2. Not even a pre-load option WTF!

*EDIT*

More info found

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/

Available: September 18th, 2008

This game will unlock in approximately 16 hours

Fuck you steam!

Yeah that's always annoying. They really need to specify PST or something.

Then there's the whole thing about games being locked to certain regions and price differences. BS really.

12 hours it is. I wonder how big this puppy will be? I just downloaded Crysis today which can't do well for my download limit...

Then there's the whole thing about games being locked to certain regions and price differences. BS really.

Thats usually the developer/publisher's choice, not valve.

12 hours it is. I wonder how big this puppy will be? I just downloaded Crysis today which can't do well for my download limit...

System requirements are 15GB HDD space, so I would guess the download will be ~4-5GB.

It gets released at 10AM today how convieniant (not) thank god a mate is downloading it coz he has the day off when I get home I can just copy into my steam folder and POW.

Steam is good for that at least.

I'm downloading it right now. It's ~6gb btw

Hmmm I left steam running @ 8:00am this morning when I left for work it isn't going to just start downloading by itself is it, I need to tell it to start...

I'm downloading it right now. It's ~6gb btw

Hmmm I left steam running @ 8:00am this morning when I left for work it isn't going to just start downloading by itself is it, I need to tell it to start...

Na you'll need to tell it to start installing (downloading)... Crysis wars is abit over 5 gig if anyones interested. I think i'll wait until later to download those two.

Very excited for this game Purchased a new super beast for gaming and my 4870x2 and stock e8500 smack Crysis 1 around like a dirty pirate hooker (everything on crazy crazy). I plan to Watercool and OC my 8500 some time this weekend from 3.16 to 4.1ish just because really, it doesn't need to be done but I am really getting shirty with only 2 or 3 frames per second max in 3Dmark06 for CPU because of the bottleneck.

Apparently warhead has been optimised more for the ATI cards so the 4870X2 should bring the rain in warhead. Very very excited for this game.

Maximum Speed!

sorry to burst your bubble, but, that won't make any significant difference, trust me. it doesn't matter what you overclock your chip to, you won't get any more than the (very) occasional 4fps in the CPU tests. it's the same with 3DMark05 too, it won't do you any good, that's just the way they're written/coded - it's just something for you to look at while it's benching your CPU.

sorry to burst your bubble, but, that won't make any significant difference, trust me. it doesn't matter what you overclock your chip to, you won't get any more than the (very) occasional 4fps in the CPU tests. it's the same with 3DMark05 too, it won't do you any good, that's just the way they're written/coded - it's just something for you to look at while it's benching your CPU.

What a shame that is the on screen display looks horrible it would look horrible at anything under 20 frames I would rather see a blank screen than the ugly mess. So everyone gets shitty frames in CPU tests then not just me...

Very excited for this game Purchased a new super beast for gaming and my 4870x2 and stock e8500 smack Crysis 1 around like a dirty pirate hooker (everything on crazy crazy). I plan to Watercool and OC my 8500 some time this weekend from 3.16 to 4.1ish just because really, it doesn't need to be done but I am really getting shirty with only 2 or 3 frames per second max in 3Dmark06 for CPU because of the bottleneck.

Apparently warhead has been optimised more for the ATI cards so the 4870X2 should bring the rain in warhead. Very very excited for this game.

Maximum Speed!

That's not 100% true, especially on games with heavy CPU load where the CPU is the bottleneck (of which Crysis appears to be one of).

In a large number of cases though, it doesn't do much, because the game is GPU bottlenecked rather than CPU bottlenecked.

edit: Oh wait, you're referring to the CPU test in 3Dmarks =P

my bad. Yes, in the case you'll get very little difference because it's designed to stress your CPU as much as it can to see how well it can perform =P

Crysis Warhead 100% ready to play - check

Full 5.1 speaker setup mounted and ready - check truly a big deal for mr before new pc had 1 of 2 stereo speakers working!

ATI Catalyst 8.9 drivers installed for 4870X2 check

Fang Game Pad check

half bottle of beam and cola on supply in gaming room check

Pre Crysis first run restart occouring now with mininal programs loaded on startup

No Chrome even!

Check back @ first toilet break.

I have been waiting for this :) So excited!

Woah someone is dedicated :P

Ill be getting it on the 25th (prefer a hard copy and ill get it for $40 anyway) so ill see how it goes then :)

Okay just started up the game from steam it starts windowed taking up about a quarter of my 24 inch screen real estate thats okay no setting are changed yet...

I change the video after the auto detect gave me 1024x768 and medium settings (WTF 4 GB Ram Duo E8500 and 4870X2) to enthusiast for everything and select the highest option for everything.

But for some stupid annoying reason I cannot pick 1920 X 1200 res??? GRRRRR

Posted Image

These are the options I have I am going with everything maxxed and 16 X 12 res because 1680 X 1050 just sounds screwy! I am sure it will look plenty sweet until one of you boffins tell me how to get

1920 X 1200.

I will note that both alt tab and windows aero Windows tab on my wireless X360 PC remote via Xpadder are instant with chrome paint and whatever else so there is grunt to spare.

And yes I am dedicated but my last "Super game was doom 3 on an R9800 and athlon 2 ghz. I almost spewed in my mouth a little when the Vidia splash came up BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO X2 for life :P

Time to pee and settle in for the opening sequence.

Stand by for a ranty pantsmonkey saturday lunch time "first impression"

Use a config hack to get the resolution,

same method as the original crysis

Didnt play original crysis so that sounds silly I am sure 16X12 will be fine until I feel jipped and figure that out tomorrow :P

I assume the reason there has been no other first impressions thus far is that every else with crysis is gob smacked in awesome town convulsing uncontrollably unable to string sentences together.

I will be one of them in 6, 5, 4, 3......

Create an autoexec.cfg file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Warhead?

with this in it:

r_Height=1900

r_Width=1200

or alternatively in the shortcut file on desktop at the end of the Crysis.exe file do this:

.....Crysis.exe +r_Width=1900 +r_Height=1200