Sign in to follow this  
xguntherc

Crysis Warhead

"i'm british, you muppet" :D

I quite liked the game, a lot more than the original.

For those playing on the highest settings, you should try out this mod:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=22538

It made the original crysis look a hell of a lot better, i didn't check to make sure it was working but warhead looked damn good none the less. Was getting around 25fps on a gtx260, 1920x1200 no aa.

Posted Image

(9fps.... give it a few years :P. If the image is slowing people's load times let me know, i'll change it to a link)

So I just benched crysis and crysis warhead, at 4.5ghz and 3.33ghz, v high settings, 1680x1050 and low and behold, the dif between the 2 speeds was around 1 fps....so at 3.33 i averaged 20.8 and at 4.5 i averaged about 21.8.

I get the feeling something is wrong with my copy of either crysis or some software problem somewhere, although it seems crysis is the only game that runs bad, compared to Dasa who also has a 4870x2 and a quad core my framerates in every other game are the same as him except crysis :(

Well, this sucks.

I've resumed my second playthrough. No matter what I do it seems to crash once "Adapt or Perish" loads.

Tried playing from the -1 Savepoint. Might just have to redo the entire previous level and see if it can get through.

Did anyone find a cloaked frog in some air conditioning ducts?

Pick it up and he goes "It's Conrad, I found him!" then you throw it away and it explodes! lol wtf?

No. What level's that in?

Still having crash issues every time on that level I mentioned. Enter the sub, then there's 3 movie scenes, loads "Adapt or Perish" and crashes.

Might have to go right back to just before the start of the previous level - oh well, driving the APC and blowing shit up is one of the best parts of the game.

I found it crashed on me in Vista 32bit if I forced DirectX 9 mode.

Dunno if that helps but, yeah.

Yep its DX9,

I turned off DX9 and suprinsingly im gettting better performance (on the same settings)

XP here.

Might be my nVidia drivers. First run through I had one crash, which didn't repeat when I restarted.

I've installed newer drivers (177.79) in the last few days, chasing a solution for my memory clock issue, so maybe they're a contributor to this problem.

Old drivers were 175.19 (I think, else might have been .35)

Well after a fresh install of vista 64 I'm finally pulling decent frames, as per my post in the other thread, it seems to bench well, and my problems were only software related. Up to that snow level at the moment with the big alien, cant figure out how to kill it at the moment, but not too fussed, coz I'm gonna play some stalker clear sky now.

the level with the APC or whatever it is was mad fun too. Game looks superb on max settings :D

I think it was at the end of the mine part, at some stage you take an elevator up. When it gets to the top, look up and the elevator roof is open. Jump up and go through the air ducts to the end, it's sitting at the last air duct.

Well, I kinda "resolved" my crash problem.

I tried my original Profile and played the last part of the stage and the next one loaded fine - so kinda eliminated driver problems as the cause.

Loaded the current Profile and played from the last part of the previous level, played through and it didn't crash.

Still - annoying that I had to play an entire stage again just so it wouldn't crash.

I think it was at the end of the mine part, at some stage you take an elevator up. When it gets to the top, look up and the elevator roof is open. Jump up and go through the air ducts to the end, it's sitting at the last air duct.

I remember seeing that air duck and thinking it looks like a secret location but I couldn't figure out how to get in. It was sealed off with grills.

EDIT: Ok so apparently there are seven of these easter egg frogs in the game. Is there some sort of secret ending for finding them all? There are other easter eggs too like this http://infotaxis.net/acornfull.png

I played a bit of Crysis last night - really it seems sluggish and boring in comparison.

They must have made some good optimisations. I think by reducing stuff like deformable vegetation and superflous objects they've made good inroads.

I also think by playing through Warhead it gives you a better appreciation of how to use the suit features.

TBH, I never bothered with Stealth before when playing Crysis.

Tried it last night - lots of fun sneaking up and grabbing a guy then going to Strength and slamming him into a tree, or one of his mates.

Must have scared the other ones - they just turned and tried to run away.

Well I borrowed Warhead off a mate before I got it on steam and its trying to use his cd key with my steam version, even tho his copy has been deleted and what not -.-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Crysis Warhead®\ergc

Looks like it keeps the Key data there. Just delete it in RegEdit and see how it goes.

Thanks Rybags, I tried that, but now its asking me to reinstall, good old steam backup here i come :P

That wasnt sarcasm by the way :)

Actually, I should have just said try replacing the value in there with your own keycode.

Its telling me to verify the registration code and reinstall the game, which ive done twice, dunno what the deal is with that...