Sign in to follow this  
xguntherc

Crysis Warhead

http://www.crymod.com/uploads/mediapool/bcrysiswarhead.jpg

I know a lot of Atomic forum goers are not to fond of Crysis, I personally enjoyed the game. It was very very entertaining. It may not have had the greatest story, or ending of all games. but the Gameplay just was so fun that it makes up for all of that.

Being able to just run around and throw Explosive Barrels and dudes was to much fun.

So Crysis Warhead, the Parallel story to the first Crysis is coming soon. Only 6 Days Left. (5 for Me.) I'm actually exited, and need to hurry and finish HL:2 before I get CW.

Release Date is September 16th.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone thats interested. and I wanted to post on the new site, Still getting used to it. I like the layout, and the homepage just looks sweet.

GJ GJ

I'm excited 2, but i think your mistaken US Preorders ship out on 16/09/08, Euro Release 12/09/08, i'm sure AUS it's released the 18thof sept. However shipping delay may have lead 2 25/09/08

Also it will be released at $49.95 rrp which is awesome for a stand alone game.

Alot of games being released cheap XD, just the way i like it.

woah, i like the cheap RRP. stalker:CS was fairly cheap too (but buggier than a termite infested house)

Warhead at $49? I'll probably pick that up. Of course, the unkind might suggest that it's just the rest of the first game (ie expansion pack) with a significant engine tweak.

Quite liked Crysis so I will be sure to pick up Warhead.

Considering Warhead is set in the same time frame as Crysis, I'm wondering how many new things there will be - aside from the levels, obviously.

I loved Crysis, was REALLY good fun to play. Defintly gonna be getting this.

Did anyone have a chance to play any large MP games in the original? I'm interested to hear how it panned out for it.

I loved Crysis, was REALLY good fun to play. Defintly gonna be getting this.

Did anyone have a chance to play any large MP games in the original? I'm interested to hear how it panned out for it.

I played Crysis MP a fair bit when it was in beta. Loved it to bits, but when it went retail I played only the single player component.

nukejockey, your current rig doesn't run Crysis smoothly?

My E2160, 2gbof RAM, and a GeForce 8600 runs it fine. Ok not with all details up, but I get a smooth playable framerate that lets me enjoy the game.

This crysis was made/recoded to play on lower spec machines. It will run a lot faster then the last crysis. so at least you can expect to have an decent game with descent frame rates.

Rofl, they are even launching a PC for crysis:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/09/09/cr...9-pc-unveiled/1

Spec:

Currently the specs for the PC include an Intel Core 2 Duo e7300 processor running at 2.66GHz along with an Nvidia 9800GT based video card (with no mention of a specific brand) and 2GB of RAM. The development team at Crytek claims that this hardware should run the game on high detail without ever dipping below 30 frames per second.

DING!

Here is the buy page $699 US might get one for the kids :D

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/ca...?CampaignID=716

Is it only $50? Then I will be buying it straight away. Loved the first.

But don't get your hopes up for much better performance, it's still the same engine, so it might be slightly optimised, but will still require a mighty, mighty PC to run at 60FPS.

Very excited for this game Purchased a new super beast for gaming and my 4870x2 and stock e8500 smack Crysis 1 around like a dirty pirate hooker (everything on crazy crazy). I plan to Watercool and OC my 8500 some time this weekend from 3.16 to 4.1ish just because really, it doesn't need to be done but I am really getting shirty with only 2 or 3 frames per second max in 3Dmark06 for CPU because of the bottleneck.

Apparently warhead has been optimised more for the ATI cards so the 4870X2 should bring the rain in warhead. Very very excited for this game.

Maximum Speed!

Went into EB tonight and my friend said it will be available September 25th, not sure if thats for all stores

I never got the original Crysis but at 50 RRP I'm not gonna miss out this one.

Hope you're right there.

Bah, colour me disinterested.

I found the gameplay of Crysis to be average, and the story was shit.

I'd much prefer to wait until Stalker Clear Sky has had its bugs removed and get that instead.

So i log on to steam today... and what do you know both this and The Witcher coming out through our favourite online distribution channel :)

Warhead is only US30 as well. Maybe I should get it before they jack up the aussie price like they did with COD4.