gabber

WoW questions

I don't really think there is a whole lot I can add to this conversation, that hasn't already been said...

The RAF (Recruit a Friend) flying mount requires that the recruited account (In this case, your wife's account) activate two months of game time; before being awarded to the recruiting account (Your account).

Your existing characters: Mages are some of the strongest characters in the game at the moment, and since the release of WOTLK (Wrath of the Lich King) are incredibly easy to level. Rogues are in a similar situation, very strong, very easy to level.

If your wife has never played WoW before, It probably isn't the best idea to hook her up with a 'key' party role (Tank or Healer), instead I would suggest a Retribution Paladin; In my experience, one of the strongest (and easiest) characters to level. (Somebody will probably disagree with me here, but i've stood by the opinion that a Tank/DPS/Healer Hybrid class with plate armour and a shield is certainly one of the strongest combination a game can have.)

If you intend to make a new character with your wife (and she is playing a healer), I would suggest that you play a Tanking Paladin (Should you want to play a tank) as the utility that being a hybrid brings to the class makes them... not essential, but highly beneficial.

If your wife follows a different route, playing a DPS class, I would suggest you playing a Discipline (Healing) Priest; A very strong single target healer, but also a very capable group healer... Abilities like Power Word: Shield make leveling as a pair, or in a small group very easy.

If anyone wants to question my recommendations, or provide amendments... feel free, I haven't played wow in just over a month, something could have changed.

Edit:

On the subject of servers... inexperienced, and new plays would probably enjoy 'Medium Population, Normal' servers more than any other... Once you're a little more experienced, you'll probably want to raid or pvp on a more populated server... and the most populated servers are most always PvP servers. Its not essential to PvP on such a server, but it can be forced upon you by other people...

I originally played on the US server Skywall, but with the release of TBC (The Burning Crusade) moved over to the Oceanic server Frostmourne... Of all the servers I have characters on, Frostmourne is certainly the best of them all, you can find 'PuG' raids almost any time of day and the average gear level of people is always very high... only rarely do you find groups incapable of completing most raid content.

Edited by Kastoli

Aman'thul is apparently an ok server if you're a carebear.

i moved from aman thul (pve) to jubei thos (pvp) a few months back and there is no fucking difference at all.

The only time i even know you can get ganked is when i feel like killing someone on a node or occasionally when im leveling. When i mean occasionally i mean fuckin never, i think i got ganked 5 times gettin my pally to 60.

1000gold once for Dual Spec.

When you change they have some mechanic to slow you down like,like no mana or such.

you also need to buy the spells and such.

Dual spec is available from level 40.

Gearign for Dual spec means 2 sets of gear adn 1 bag to hold it but, youcan turn on a gear management tool and that give you 1 click gear changes. I have 2 saved adn the window has 16 available gear combo save button thingies.

Also for god, when youreach your level cap they give you more gold for quest handing in. and the 1st random heroic gives 26g.

thsi is on top of badges for bosses and for the 1st run of the day.

Also, your old bank may have quite alot old mats that may get a good price on AH.

When you change they have some mechanic to slow you down like,like no mana or such.

No cooldown or mana penalty, but you can't switch during combat.

No cooldown or mana penalty, but you can't switch during combat.

I can agree with no cool down but, I always have no mana when I switch from Ret to tank or the other way.

it only costs me a blessing and a drink but still, it slows down the carnage.

Aman'thul is a nice server if you decide to play.

Yeah bro real men play on barthilas

Aman'thul is a nice server if you decide to play.

Yeah bro real men play on barthilas

is Blackrock still full?

If you want to play alliance, Blackrock is not full. If you want to play Whorde, GTFO.

Still plenty of world PvP on it, I've had a fair bit of fun while leveling my rogue, warlock and shaman. Occasional higher level dicks, but mostly comparable-level fun.

If you want to play alliance, Blackrock is not full. If you want to play Whorde, GTFO.

Still plenty of world PvP on it, I've had a fair bit of fun while leveling my rogue, warlock and shaman. Occasional higher level dicks, but mostly comparable-level fun.

i goto figure out how to get my account back :P

blizard do this all the time.

I have a friend who rage quits and deletes characters and has gotten most of his stuff back.

last time he even got back a L50 ish character he deleted a year before hand.

we laughed.

Try logging making a bnet account (if you don't already have one) and link it to your wow account.

as Nich says, your old account is still there. you just have to ask and see how you go.

I hear that Nich is the best paladin on Blackrock.

So send all your questions to Nich

have linked my warcraft and my starcraft 2 accounts together.. and have 2 10 day pass's back to World of CrackCraft..

so maybe Banwaa the retarded lvl 70 druid shall roam those fields again.

Hey hey,

If you still haven't started playing yet I would like to recommend the Caelestrasz server and look up my guild "The Bandits" if you want. We have quite a few couples playing WoW. My wife and I are just one of the couples in the guild.(She plays more then me now!) I could help with any healing or tanking questions (as could any of my guildies). I have every healer at lvl 80 and as soon as I get my lvl 62 warrior to 80 I will have every tank as well.

We are a "casual" raiding guild with our main goal to have fun. :)

Which ever way you go, I hope you and your wife have lots of fun together as my wife and I have. :)

By the way, Priests ROCK :P (Yeah, my main is a holy priest...) So +1 on this idea for your wife.

I actually have really enjoyed leveling my warrior (as a tank). In fact I think I enjoy tanking on the warrior more then the druid and pally. (Can't decide if I like the warrior more then my DK for tanking yet :P)

So yeah, if you do join Cael look me(Kragoth or any other toon starting with Krag) up in "The Bandits" guild. :P

hope you havent started playing yet.

your saying you want to roll a war, ive played one briefly however they seem like a complex and macro heavy class if your going to be doing high competitive pvp. so if your not familiar with macros i suggest getting familiar.

for pve though im not so sure basic play will probably be ok.

mages are a far me easy DPS class IMHO in my groups they seem to do ALOT of DPS from not doing a whole lot.

on my 76 mage (slyblackninja) i just spam blizzard and top DPS so life is pretty easy.

as for heals priests and pallys are both valid i think that rolling a pally is best so she has the option to change her role later on if you wants to go tank then she can.

i play on thaurissan if your playing horde its an ok server cus its like 70% - 30% horde to ally.

but if i could swap i would probs go to a server with a closer to 50 - 50 ratio.

there is a site called wow census that has stats on all the realms i reckon look it up and pick the oceanic server with the most people and the best horde/ally ratio.

i also recommend going a pvp server cus world pvp is so much fun (unless your getting camped |:(|)

but server in mind the random dungeon finder nad BG's are linked to your battlegroup. so the only concern really is if the server has a good economy and lots of players

hope some of this helped

good luck!

Thanks for the server recommendations peeps. Only a couple more days till I get back home. Woooohhhoooooo!!!!!!

So yeah, if you do join Cael look me(Kragoth or any other toon starting with Krag) up in "The Bandits" guild. :P

Give me a week or so to get buy other copies of wow & the expansions to set the wifes account up, and I might just do that :)

Looking forward to grinding some pve with the missus.

p.s. What a pain in the arse it was to check back into my wow account with all this battle.net bollocks they've set up. It's all good now though.

Thanks for the server recommendations peeps. Only a couple more days till I get back home. Woooohhhoooooo!!!!!!

p.s. What a pain in the arse it was to check back into my wow account with all this battle.net bollocks they've set up. It's all good now though.

Yeah I went through that crap too.. it certainly does suck.