Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Mac 27

Best mid tower cases?

Hi,

I'm getting a new desk soon and my near new TJ09 wont fit in :(

So i need to get a mid tower case. So which are the best?

I want it to be able to:

-Have good cooling

-Have room for at least 4 hard drives

-be able to handle full size gfx cards and full size cpu coolers

I've looked at:

Silverstone FT01

Lian li Amoursuit pc-60

Any others i should look at?

P.S. the TJ09 is up for sale.

Cheers

Mac.

Hi,

Silverstone FT01

Lian li Amoursuit pc-60

Any others i should look at?

Cheers

Mac.

Coolermaster CM690

Lian Li A10

The Coolermaster CM690 is quite a nice case. I just slapped one up for a friend. ver quiet and cool. <$100 too :)

The TJ09 fits the 4870X2 with room to spare.

Mac 27 a quick heads up on the cases you've currently selected, the cm690 is fine, but the armoursuit pc-60 is too tall for your needs - it's actually taller than the tj09 due to the top element sticking up the way it does. Here's some cases also worth looking at.

Antec Titan

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=2323

Lian li A17

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=7685

cheers

what about an antec 900? I have one, it's as new, no scratches, or marks

would a 4870X2 fit in the TJ09?

if so, and you're interested, we could work out a swap

Sorry osma bin athlon I dont really want an antec 900. Id preffer the NZXT tempest due to the 140mm fans.

Mozes: That lian li is not bad. But what does everyone think about the silverstone FT01? i put a link to at the top of this thread.

Cheers

Mac.

The FT01 is a miniature TJ07, that alone makes it a stand out case, the same uni-body construction and core layout principal. However for me i actually thinks it's a better all round case, it's got everything you need with out out the extra space the 07 has, plus it's got much, much, much better cable management features and larger fans thus less noise. Whilst it doesn't give the ability to mount triple 120mm rads internally, if you've got no plans to water cool this is a non issue anyway. I also really like the fact that silverstone have thoroughly thought through the ability to use longer graphics card in an otherwise confined environment. By this i mean the ability to take out one of the hdd bays, not a new principal as it's been done by a few companies, but silverstone have done it very well, such that the bay takes up the space of the expansion slot area on motherboards to ensure compatibility with any atx form factor mobo. You will loose 4x hdd bays if you need to use this feature, but given the amount of 5 1/4" bays you can use a bay convertor to reinstate those with out any problems. With out doubt one of the best midi towers on the market.

Wait one second, this sucker is all aluminium and costs $100, holy shitttttttttttttttttttt. Okay no longer recommending the cm690 as recommended entry level case, this thing takes the bloody cake.

cheers

Wait one second, this sucker is all aluminium and costs $100, holy shitttttttttttttttttttt. Okay no longer recommending the cm690 as recommended entry level case, this thing takes the bloody cake.

cheers

Yeah i was surprised by the price, i think we have a winner :D

Thanks for all the help guys.

P.S. My TJ09 iS for sale. If your interested email me at: mac_sk8er27@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mac.

\

P.S. My TJ09 iS for sale. If your interested email me at: mac_sk8er27@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mac.

whereabouts are you?

I live about 40 mintues from melbourne, Near frankston if that helps.

Cheers

Mac.

*cough* http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showforum=48 *cough*

Yeah i know that. lol

Ill post there later.

Cheers

Mac.

The Coolermaster CM690 is quite a nice case. I just slapped one up for a friend. ver quiet and cool. <$100 too :)

Where can i buy one for less than $100

Coolermaster CM - 690 - $134 <--- thats the cheapest one i found.

I live in tassie, it was from a little place called THS computing.

Cheapest i can find on the net is here. http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/24455

I live in tassie, it was from a little place called THS computing.

Cheapest i can find on the net is here. http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/24455

Cheers!

Bad news about the Lian Li PC-60.... although it is a fantastic case, (i have 2 of them) when I bought the 9800GX2, I had to remove the hdd section, and put my HDDs in the floppy area, and gerry rig up a 5 1/4 bay to hold more HDDs.

****BUGGER****

Sorry mate just realized you said Armoursuit... not standard PC-60.