Sign in to follow this  
Cal-MB

Warhammer Online Kicks Off Sunday

Sounds pretty interesting.

So obviously there's still the element of XP? But it's catered for PvP?

I'm assuming that the PvP is not essentially free for all like EVE, but is segregated into specific areas like WoW, is that correct?

Either way, I'll definitely grab a trial if they ever release one ^_^

There are open ruleset servers where pvp is (essentially) free for all, but those servers are nothing more then kiddies ganking and griefing people 20 levels lower. Those servers exist solely so Mythic (and normal people) don't have to listen to them dribble shit about Chuck Norris and your mumma jokes. On the core servers you're limited to manually flagging for pvp or running into the RvR bubble. The RvR bubbles are at the intersect of 2 maps (ie 4 leveling zones; 2 Order, 2 Destruction) and you always end up with quests to go in there and it's a long way around them if you want to get to the next area without taking the shortcut through them. Lower levels get a buff (on core servers) to 'level' them up to a set level so they stand a chance in the zone. The Keeps are also in these bubbles so there's always something going on in them.

And so it begins. Less then half a day into live and I've just gotten my first gold spam. The fuckers must be starting to get hard up since they tried to sell me WoW gold at the same time. Considering I've wasted like 10 gold already on random crap and still have money to buy a mount (that I can't use for 2 levels) I doubt they're going to sell much...

You'd also think I would of learned by now that a name starting with A is asking for trouble...

Godamnit it I'm far too excited about picking this game up tomorrow for it to be normal. My pants feel hot, and a little sticky.

It's worrying... but any game that can cause me to suspend my EverQuest 2 subscription, surely has a mystical power beyond the ken of ordinary software.

Godamnit it I'm far too excited about picking this game up tomorrow for it to be normal. My pants feel hot, and a little sticky.

It's worrying... but any game that can cause me to suspend my EverQuest 2 subscription, surely has a mystical power beyond the ken of ordinary software.

Pick my copy up for me while you're there, I don't want to stop playing to go out and get my CE :'(

Then tell me where you're rolling so I can come and gank you :P

Paid for my SE today, but they wouldn't give it to me...

Official line and all that crap...meh!

So I pick it up next thurs...and I'm really looking forward to it too.

Warhammer MMO FTW!!

-----

Go MM...buy it, you know you want too ;p

Wow, all the pre release talk of every man and his dog rolling Destruction seems to have turned out to be an understatement. It literally is something of in the order (see what I did thar?) of 4:1 population imbalance. At least order chat seems nice and sensible though (even if half of them seem clueless when it comes to scenarios). :S

Wow, all the pre release talk of every man and his dog rolling Destruction seems to have turned out to be an understatement. It literally is something of in the order (see what I did thar?) of 4:1 population imbalance. At least order chat seems nice and sensible though (even if half of them seem clueless when it comes to scenarios). :S

Did they put on their robe and wizard hat at the wrong moment for you?

Sorry to perpetuate this, but it's a case of 'all my friends are doing it,' which was apparently a similar problem with most WoW servers playing Alliance. Dwarven Engineer would've been fun too. :(

That actually makes me want to play Order.

Christ..

That actually makes me want to play Order.

Christ..

This is the sole reason I did roll order 8^), I was planning on playing dest on release (spend most my time in beta as them) but in the later closed beta and open beta the side stacking became apparent so I switched sides. The only real difference between the 2 side is the look of your char since every class mechanic has a mirror version of it with a slightly diff focus on some skills, that and the landscape etc 8^P. I must admit tho I did enjoy playing an orc upto lvl 10 more than my highelf because of the humor in the quests and the atmosphere in their areas, but that doesn't mean I don't like playing my highelf ^_^.

I'm wondering just how much its going to effect open RVR with 1 side having that great of a number over the other. Its not all bad tho! because my senario q's will be alot faster hehe.

Hmm.

Anybody know whereabouts the executable is located? I've installed under Vista, not showing up in the retarded "Games Explorer" and can't find an executable anywhere.

Hmm.

Anybody know whereabouts the executable is located? I've installed under Vista, not showing up in the retarded "Games Explorer" and can't find an executable anywhere.

Now if i ever play this game, it will be AFTER this big bug is fixed.. See front page Atomic mate.

Hmm.

Now if i ever play this game, it will be AFTER this big bug is fixed.. See front page Atomic mate.

That'll do it.

Cheers for the heads up, much appreciated.

My CE just showed up at work and i have to say its THE best CE of any game yet 8^). The art book and graphic novel are fantastic quality and look very sweet, The orc model is very impressive too (as u'd expect tho) and its almost tempting me to go find some paints again ehhe.

Holy shit, this CE weighs a tonne.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I sadly have zero skill in painting so I think that's staying in its packet :'(

I sadly have zero skill in painting so I think that's staying in its packet :'(

You wont get any better unless you try =P

That looks pretty damn cool though. Pity most collectors editions don't offer something like this, as I'd definitely shell out more for something of that quality.

hey, i wanna get this game but im not sure if ill be able to use it.

I live on campus at uni and am connected to the net through the uni proxy.

im able to play WOW and COD4 online but not some other games.

What do you think the chances of Warhammer working? has anyone tryed connecting through something similar?

i dont want to pay for the game and not hav it connect :(

thx

Hey guys, I'm installing this now. Would I be correct in assuming that most of use are rolling Order on Ironclaw? If you can have destruction alts, what server are most people going for that?