- thesorehead

- TinBane

- unclebigdave

- Yarrago

- .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

- _sentinel

* = This week's submission posted!

New posters this week:

The idea is to get us to get out there and take photos, so nothing from your archive.

Hopefully my replacement body gets here this week.

Week 61 of our weekly event

Just to prove we read the intro post (maybe we do miss other posts) .... replacement body? What happened? What is the body?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What do you think?

Shot with

Canon EOS400D

EF 24-70 F2.8 L USM

Speedlite 580EXII

Edited by 2SHY

@2SHY- needs more interesting composition I reckon.

Took these at a gig last night, think I need a faster lens (shot at ISO1600 with EV -1 to -1.3 all night)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And more.

@2SHY- needs more interesting composition I reckon.

Took these at a gig last night, think I need a faster lens (shot at ISO1600 with EV -1 to -1.3 all night)

Wow, I like. I think you did just fine with this lens

Gotta get some images up. Been a couple of weeks.

2Shy, Good work, would throw in a couple of pointers.

- What mode are you running the flash in? TTL or M - If running in TTL, Would suggest you play around with flash compensation, +/- .3 increments based on a 0 exp metering.

- what wall are you bouncing your flash off? Are you using a diffuser? - I can see some shadowing which kind of draws the attention away from the subject. Would suggest in trying out your shots with a diffuser to soften/spread the flash.

Anywho, here we go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Links fixed

Edited by motiv

Wow motiv, that last shot is fantastic!

Only shot this week (so far) is the new addition to the household: Mojo. She's been giving our current puss Kowalski a hard time though.

Posted Image

My first ever photo stitch

Combined 3 images with photo shop cs2

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5767/83970746.jpg

Choice!

I would have cropped a bit off the top, but that's just the way I like my panoramas.

-X

I cropped it quite a bit but i might crop a bit more :)

I did one more..

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2039/princessrock.jpg

I believe that is princess rock in the blue mountains near Wentworth Falls.

Both shots taken with a Canon EOS 7D, Sigma 10-20 f 3.5

Free hand...

Edited by eat_the_flag

My first ever photo stitch

Combined 3 images with photo shop cs2

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5767/83970746.jpg

Choice!

I would have cropped a bit off the top, but that's just the way I like my panoramas.

-X

I cropped it quite a bit but i might crop a bit more :)

I did one more..

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2039/princessrock.jpg

I believe that is princess rock in the blue mountains near Wentworth Falls.

Both shots taken with a Canon EOS 7D, Sigma 10-20 f 3.5

Free hand...

look good in small size but a bit fuzzy when up close. Some lens distortion at the edges and colour fringing - might be worth adjusting the originals first before turning them into a panorama. Perhaps the aperture is too large/small or zoom set too wide but the horizon is good and distortion ok. First off I'd try a medium aperture around 7-8 where most lenses operate best. But keep going, the only problem with panoramas is printing them at a reasonable size...

look good in small size but a bit fuzzy when up close. Some lens distortion at the edges and colour fringing - might be worth adjusting the originals first before turning them into a panorama. Perhaps the aperture is too large/small or zoom set too wide but the horizon is good and distortion ok. First off I'd try a medium aperture around 7-8 where most lenses operate best. But keep going, the only problem with panoramas is printing them at a reasonable size...

The aperture is set at 3.5 i cant change it which pisses me off.

Its my first time really playing with photo shop so i still have to learn... they were taken at 10 or 12mm so it does have distortion in it..

Week 61 of our weekly event

Just to prove we read the intro post (maybe we do miss other posts) .... replacement body? What happened? What is the body?

Borked my RB67 ProS body by using a faulty lens (shutter speeds faster than 1/15th were all 1/15th), accidentally had it set 1/4th, I just wanted to end the roll so I could take it out, so I fired the shutter and pressed the mirror returned before the shutter closed (normally this just closes the shutter early). It jammed the lever and mirror half way with the lens stuck on the body.

Replacement body got here tuesday morning and I paid for it on friday, came from U.S. FedEx :)

Thats faster than domestic postage for my location!

Its my first time really playing with photo shop so i still have to learn... they were taken at 10 or 12mm so it does have distortion in it..

what's the camera, by the sound of it a point & shoot? Does CS2 have ACR with it or did that appear with CS3?

what's the camera, by the sound of it a point & shoot? Does CS2 have ACR with it or did that appear with CS3?

I have no idea what ACR is..

It is a Canon EOS-7D and attached was a Sigma DC 10-20 F3.5

I shot it free hand on a fairly windy day so thats where the fuzz might come from..

I shot it free hand on a fairly windy day so thats where the fuzz might come from..

Adobe Camera Raw. It's effectively a 'pre-editor' to Photoshop. Comes with CS3 & 4 but I don't know about 2. It has a number of flexible editing bits that allow one to get rid of colour fringing at the edges and also lens distortion. It also has macro abilities that allow you to do similar things with a range of different shots thus enabling one to adjust for distortion pre stitching. Fixed aperture lens? unusual or does it not link with the camera. Given the camera I would use a faster ISO speed and faster shutter (or use a tripod) but I have produced some great panoramas with hand helds.

Adobe Camera Raw. It's effectively a 'pre-editor' to Photoshop. Comes with CS3 & 4 but I don't know about 2. It has a number of flexible editing bits that allow one to get rid of colour fringing at the edges and also lens distortion. It also has macro abilities that allow you to do similar things with a range of different shots thus enabling one to adjust for distortion pre stitching. Fixed aperture lens? unusual or does it not link with the camera. Given the camera I would use a faster ISO speed and faster shutter (or use a tripod) but I have produced some great panoramas with hand helds.

I have never been to north head before and i did not want to lug around a heap of hear..

I already have a pretty big camera bag and my tripod is not exactly light.. It weighs around the 3kg mark i think. I will try again tomorrow in Rose Bay (sydney) and bring my tripod.

I have never been to north head before and i did not want to lug around a heap of hear..

I already have a pretty big camera bag and my tripod is not exactly light.. It weighs around the 3kg mark i think. I will try again tomorrow in Rose Bay (sydney) and bring my tripod.

all good reasons! intrigued by the comments of fixed aperture, does the EOS body not control the lens aperture. Being a Nikon man I really don't know the answer. The Sigma lens is a really good wide angle zoom, bit jealous really, love to have one in the kit...

That Sigma can close down to f22.

I think you've got a bit more practise to perform on your camera etf :)

I did it today..

You can't change the f stop on creative auto mode.. now i hate it..

I need to use it more tbh..

I did it today..

You should definitely move out of creative auto...I don't think I've ever used it for any shot that needs real control.

Move into Av mode and you'll get full aperture control, with all other settings handled by the camera (shutter speed and whatnot). Should give you the ability to boost the f stops easily :)

I did it today..

You should definitely move out of creative auto...I don't think I've ever used it for any shot that needs real control.

Move into Av mode and you'll get full aperture control, with all other settings handled by the camera (shutter speed and whatnot). Should give you the ability to boost the f stops easily :)

I usually keep my camera in P or M and the occasional full auto if i cbf to set up.