Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seehund

A photo every day - 1979 to 1997

I found this amazing story in one of my feeds this morning. This guy was incredible, attempting to document every day with a Polaroid SX-70 from March 1979 until his death from cancer in October 1997.

6,697 photos remain out of the collection with some lost and some days where he was unable to take a photo. I find it amazing that even though he's dead, his life has been recorded in such personal detail that his friends and family can remember him in ways we can only imagine; all those polaroids are like memory tags for 18 years worth of Jamie Livingston.

You can find it here along with the quick article from mentalfloss that put me onto it.

Edit: I just went through the last batch of photos including the ones documenting his deterioration and the last shot on the day he died. Brought a tear to my eyes and a lot of memories on my mum going the same way. Photography is a very powerful medium and anyone who thinks differently has their head buried up their arse (I'm looking at you rent-a-cops and various post-9/11 paranoid retards).

Edited by seehund

Wow. Just wow.

Right at the very end, I seriously got chills down my spine, Even while I write this..

Rob

I had seen this before.. But never really had a good look..

I must say, having looked up certain days that were significant in my life, its very hard to not feel some emotion, both remembering another time in your own life, and seeing that in someone elses.. :S

An epic project. Thanks seehund.