Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
motiv

Nerf gun modifications

Since there is no section for Nerf mods, I'll whack it in the greenroom.

Following on from this thread http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=33885

I took advantage of all those sales going on and picked up a Recon CS-6 with extra clips.

Not liking the out of the box performance, I had to modify it.

Obvious thing is to remove the AR and dampen the plunger. That was all fun and well. Although I had a little think last night and took it one step further... Just finished this mod this morning

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a bad mod for 17 bucks.

Rob

Might be worth explaining what you did a bit more, I'm assuming you added a laser sight to it, but what is it that you added the sight to?

Might be worth explaining what you did a bit more, I'm assuming you added a laser sight to it, but what is it that you added the sight to?

Good point

The Red light Tactical sight comes standard with the Recon CS6 package - You can get similar tactical lights separately so it should be similar.

As the internal dimensions of the original Red light holder is 8.6mm - It is a perfect fit for the below module

1mw Laser Module

The OD of the module is 8.7mm so a little bit of .5mm electrical tape was good enough to give it a snug fit.

Posted Image

Rob

Nice Wing Gundam there. What's the other one? Impulse? Strike?

That would be a Force Impulse MG

I have the Recon CS-6

and the longshot CS-6 (at least i think it is)

I'd love to replace the springs in them with ones that have a little more force.

Edited by Blackorchad

I've actually been meaning to do this. I butchered the tactical light on my Recon to put a laser module in there, but I also butchered a laser pointer to do so, which wasn't smart as there was nothing between the 3xAAA batteries and pointer to regulate the power.