Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
jim_doki

Soundwave Lineup Leaked

Sauce

Posted Image

by Jason Treuen

After weeks of drip-feeding bands one at a time in the lead up to a big reveal tonight at midnight, the Soundwave 2011 bill has leaked a day early.

Later last night around midnight, a camera phone photo of a press ad for the festival hit the internet, sending the Soundwave forums and its Facebook page into overdrive.

The line-up features: Iron Maiden (as rumoured), Queens of the Stone Age, Slayer, Primus, Slash, Social Distortion, Rob Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Gang of Four, Pennywise, Sum 41 and a lot more (see above).

The leak will be a grave disappointment to promoters who have engineered one of the more elaborate and clever festival launches of late. Over the last two months, they've revealed a band per week (nobly, to give each band a share of the spotlight) through Twitter and Triple J's Short Fast Loud program and as of yesterday, organisers also issued online challenges (cover art puzzles, code word) for guestlist members to uncover more bands and win prizes.

There's been no word yet from promoters about the leak or how it affects their announcement plans.

The festival takes place in five major cities between February 26 to March 7.

God Dammit

after last years logistic nightmare i swore I would never go back unless the lineup was awesome

God DAMMIT :P

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

Fucking Fuck Yeah!!!

It's worth repeaing:

FUCKING FUCK YEAH!!!

Been hanging for an opportunity to see The Sword, too!

Edited by hectorbustnuts

after last years logistic nightmare i swore I would never go back unless the lineup was awesome

You mean they still haven't sorted that shit out after how many years?

Still, this might even get me going along.

They have it at Eastern Creek, where there is no shade, at the end of summer. They run out of water and it takes an age to get out of the carpark at the end of the night, and public transport is a fucking joke

Disregard..got a bit excited..nothing on the Final Frontier tour for Maiden yet :(

Sad Panda.

Edited by seehund

They have it at Eastern Creek, where there is no shade, at the end of summer. They run out of water and it takes an age to get out of the carpark at the end of the night, and public transport is a fucking joke

So they haven't then. Awesome.

And with a lineup like this it'll only be worse.

Still, people go so they make money and they will keep doing what they are doing while they rake it in.

Ooooo. Looks good, bit iffy about their logistics too though...

Brisbane was great last year, all except for trying to get out of the showgrounds.

Sevendust and Queens of the stoneage, fuck yeah

Yep, so long as it's held at Eastern Creek, I'm still not going.

Fuck Eastern Creek and fuck the promoters.

AHH FUCK, SLAYER!!! ugh, i hate having no money

You can't save $50 before February?

'

Try $150.

I saw this late last night, and saw the shitstorm on twitter that began from SWT, SWF, TMN and so on. Was interesting.

I was always going to go, but am more than happy to miss out on one or two of the "headliners" again this year.

Never been to a Soundwave before, only really wanna see Slayer, QOTSA, Maiden and Melvins. Might just go along to this one !

Its quite likely that you'll not see that lineup.

I'll go so far as saying that QOTSA and Maiden will be on the main stages, and that Slayer will be on the Full Metal Racket stage - which will eat into the set times for both of the other headliners.

First time i went it was Alice in Chains and NIN with Lamb of God on the FMR stage (ended up walking away from NIN), and last year it was Janes Addiction followed by Faith No More on the main stage (and then i disappeared somewhere, completely off my head due to heat exhaustion. I cant even remember who it was i went off to see).

I'll go so far as saying that QOTSA and Maiden will be on the main stages, and that Slayer will be on the Full Metal Racket stage - which will eat into the set times for both of the other headliners.

Really? Slayer on at the same time as Maiden? I'd thought they'd have Slayer and then Maiden after

I'd say about half way through the set.

Of those big three names, I cant see QOTSA being on anything other than a main stage. Maiden, well, it'd be FMR or main. Most likely main. Slayer - FMR or main, and most likely FMR. They wouldn't have 3 headliners over the two main stages tho.