Sign in to follow this  
Periander

[SUG] Forum Re-Shuffle

Just a quick suggestion regarding the imminent forum re-shuffle; I would suggest that a separate sub-forum be set up for religion and politics.

As is too often the case with general forums, even though they are extremely popular these two topics, run rampant, can be a source of great contention, and put off new comers very easily.

I propose that these two topics be separated either in to a joint forum, or separate forums. What does everyone else think?

You know for the amount of people that are complaing about hostility in the GR you guys certainly gave a massive cold shoulder to this guy...

You know for the amount of people that are complaing about hostility in the GR you guys certainly gave a massive cold shoulder to this guy...

Not really a cold shoulder argotha.

It's just - as stated rather bluntly in the few posts here - not deemed necessary for another thread is all.

And not intentionally giving you a hard time, but you yourself only posted to comment on the GR in general, and not on the OP.

As to the OP...politics and religion go hand in hand with everyday general chat, granted a rather passionate chat.

Would be wrong imo to separate them from the rest.

1.Not really a cold shoulder argotha.

2.It's just - as stated rather bluntly in the few posts here - not deemed necessary for another thread is all.

3.And not intentionally giving you a hard time, but you yourself only posted to comment on the GR in general, and not on the OP.

4.As to the OP...politics and religion go hand in hand with everyday general chat, granted a rather passionate chat.

Would be wrong imo to separate them from the rest.

1. Okay probably not the best phrase to use.

2. Blunt to the point where it feels hostile.

3. I know you aren't intentionaly giving me a hard time. There wasnt anything I could add. I'm just a little pissed off that a large number of people are arguing over what is causing the forum slow down and ways to fix it. One of the recurring themes that comes up is people being dicks to other forum goers. Yet people are still being dicks. /decides to end rant here

4. Still got nothing to add. Dont know how I would feel about a change like the one suggested.

3. I know you aren't intentionaly giving me a hard time. There wasnt anything I could add. I'm just a little pissed off that a large number of people are arguing over what is causing the forum slow down and ways to fix it. One of the recurring themes that comes up is people being dicks to other forum goers. Yet people are still being dicks. /decides to end rant here

People are always going to be - or appear to be - dicks to one another IRL and on a forum.

I don't think the intent above was to be dickish, so much as " geez not another bloody thread " type thing.

That's my take on it...* shrugs *

He asked what we think.............we answered.

What do you suggest we do?

Ignore him?

He asked what we think.............we answered.

What do you suggest we do?

Ignore him?

Technically Jugalo Scrub and YPE didnt say anything...

Yes I did, i echoed his sentiments.

would you have preferred a more simplistic "+1"?

Oh, sorry, I meant to reply sooner.

It's echoing the sentiments and also proving a point. It's such a simple thing to have put it in the aforementioned thread. Not much more needed to be said, but it helps drive the point home. Cold shoulder? Meh. Periander's been around long enough to have received a lot worse in a reply.