Lambo

Build Log: Racing Cockpit

I can't be bothered reading through the thread, but if you haven't looked into monitors yet (I did read a post about not wanting monitor bezels in your way), have a look here.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=14945

It's a bit expensive, and not quite perfect (thin bezels, but still there), but could be worth your time, I don't know.

They should make a cheaper TN version of that.

I can't be bothered reading through the thread, but if you haven't looked into monitors yet (I did read a post about not wanting monitor bezels in your way), have a look here.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=14945

It's a bit expensive, and not quite perfect (thin bezels, but still there), but could be worth your time, I don't know.

$2100!

Um no....that's 20 x the cost of this entire project......LOL

Perhaps in the future if it becomes cheaper....

Yeah, they could make a MUCH cheaper version, but I imagine the price is that high 'cause nobody else out there has something similar out (that I'm aware of).

Looks awesome.

I think the finishing touch is to put some real wheels on it to make it mobile, then take it around to LANs. :P

I'm mentally humping your leg right now Lambo. Looking awesome!

Sorry for the crappy picks, better ones tomorrow:

Put the carpet in now.

Posted Image

Put the wheel in:

Posted Image

Looks really awesome Lambo. Just gotta buy the PC and monitors to go with it.

Not to mention a 5.1 or 7.1 Surround sound speaker system too :)

Yes my camera is broken thus no pics.

Right now it's stitting in my living room waiting for when I buy it a new TV. At the moment it's in front of my 42" LCD TV.

I did buy a new PC for this already.

I picked up a full PC, Q9550/4GB/GTX460 1GB from work for about $500 so not the bang up to date stuff but plenty of grunt and I couldn't pass up the price.

I'll probably have to wait a few weeks for the TV as I want to get a good one, but will have to wait on funds. I promise to get some better pics ASAP.

Lambo, I'd seriously be looking at the Senzu, I've compared it to a good samsung and while the samsung is better, its not a whole heap better and for games I can't fault the senzu (PC and Console games) 1080p

Also, thats a pretty decent rig, if you need more cpu grunt the q9550 overclocks to i7 speeds quite easily.

Edited by nukejockey

Lambo, I'd seriously be looking at the Senzu, I've compared it to a good samsung and while the samsung is better, its not a whole heap better and for games I can't fault the senzu (PC and Console games) 1080p

Also, thats a pretty decent rig, if you need more cpu grunt the q9550 overclocks to i7 speeds quite easily.

Already mentioned I'm getting the Senzu....:P

Ohh, Okay, its just above you said you wanted a good one, thought you meant something more along the lines of a samsung, grouse!

Actually.

You should have a look at the ones that codies made for gamecon.

Look fricking amazing. If I wasn't at work would link.

They even have the proper steering wheel.

Ohh, Okay, its just above you said you wanted a good one, thought you meant something more along the lines of a samsung, grouse!

Ok I've changed my mind. I was originally going to use the 37", but It's clear that at the distance that it will sit from me it's actually too big. I tested with a 27" on the weekend, and that is at the limit that I would now consider. So I'll probably buy a 27" sometime next week.