Sign in to follow this  
delge

Not Displaying

Hi So this is really weird.

First of all I have been trying to configure the sound-card so as hdmi pass through has the audio and video.

All goes well everything is displayed until the windows log on screen comes up, at this point the screen detects no signal.

does anyone know what's going on?

Cheers Delge

Firstly, let me get this straight. Where is the HDMI cable connected to? Your sound card or your video card?

Secondly, I can bearly even understand what the hell you are trying to say. "..configure the sound-card so as hdmi pass through has the audio and video." I dont know about you but if someone said that to you, you wouldnt understand either.

Thirdly, you present no information about your system. What kind of CPU, GPU, Sound card, etc etc etc, it has...

Please retify the situation.

Hi

So the way it is meant to work is the hdmi goes out of the video-card, then into the sound-card, then passes through the sound-card and has the audio encoded to the video then another hdmi cable comes out the sound-card and into the monitor/tv.

Sorry if my explanation was poor and for some reason my specs didnt show up my bad here they are

CPU Core i7 930

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Powersuply Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W

Videocard Ati PowerColor Radeon HD5870

Ram Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 6GB Kit Dominator GT, Corsair Dominator Airflow 2 Fans

Blu Ray Drive LG GGW-H20L Super Multi Blue Blu-ray Disc ReWriter & HD

Sound Card ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim

Monitor ACER 24" Full HD LCD monitor P244W

Operating system Window 7 Ultimate (Original Equipment Manufacturer)

Speakers Logitech z5500

Cheers Delge

Thirdly, you present no information about your system. What kind of CPU, GPU, Sound card, etc etc etc, it has...

Please retify the situation.

Edited by delge

As far as I know, the Asus Xonars dont suffer from compatibility issues with Windows 7. The way you desribe how you are cabling it is correct. Out of the video card to the Xonar and then out again to the Monitor. Make sure you set your monitor to native HD. One other thing, make sure you have your cables plugged in the right HDMI slots. According to a friend of mine, the Xonar is a bit picky about it. Try those things and if it doesnt work, RTM it for a replacement.