Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

X-Fi Titanium PCI-E No surround sound

Picked up a PCI-E X-Fi Titanium sound card the other day and having a bit of a problem with it.

Using a 5.1 system, I can't get surround sound to work. Every time I choose 5.1 in the creative sound control panel it switches itself back to 2.0/2.1 and when I go to configure in the windows sound options, my only option is stereo.

I've uninstalled the drivers once and driver swept them, drivers are as recent as July 2010, any ideas?

Don't join the Creative hate gang without reason.

I've had 3 creative cards, all of them have had driver issues, is that not enough?

First off I had an Audigy 2, had an issue where when I took it out, and uninstalled the drivers, it basically killed my xp install.

Then I had an Extreme Audio and that had some weird driver issues under Vista, like not detecting the card sometimes, pain in the ass.

Then this Titanium could detect the card, but it wouldn't detect it as a 5.1 card until I let windows choose the drivers for it.

I like the cards, they sound really good (I'm mostly a gamer, so all the reverb effects and stuff that I get and better positional audio than onboard is great)

Its just that much more immersive, I don't regret my purchase, but I'm thinking next time I will try a different brand.

i was thinking of getting another good sound card, my last one was a xfi fatality fps and i loved it.

alas i dont have any room im removing my wireless n card to get a sound card

im thinking auzentech next time their drivers are suppose to be better

Yeah I was going to get an asus or an auzentech card off pccg but then I ended up in a computer store and saw the titanium so i got that

My Auzentech's going sweet in Windows 7.

Only time I ever had hicups was before the Win 7 drivers were released (using Vista ones).

I must say, the basic Creative drivers that come with Win 7 are shit.

Using the latest driver from Creative fixed any issues that I had with my Audigy 2.

I must say, the basic Creative drivers that come with Win 7 are shit.

Using the latest driver from Creative fixed any issues that I had with my Audigy 2.

I agree even getting a MIC to work is a PITA and you end up getting the bloatware Audigy unfortunately :\