Sign in to follow this  
Aki54

40k: Space Marine

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/relic-and-wa...ce-marine/2427/

This game has been talked about for a while now but there's never been anything really significant revealed about it. After only recently finishing Dawn of War 2 this video and interview has me very keen to see more of this game. The entire time I was playing DoW2 I was just thinking "Why won't you let me zoom in and blast these guys myself!" Now we may just be able to.

You need to read the latest issue of Atomic then, my friend!

If this were facebook, that would have a Like!

Oh wait, I can do that here....

+1

I'm still a little dissapointed that it's centred around the Ultramarines and Orks, I mean how vanilla can you get.

That aside it looks like fun, I just would have loved the same game but with some delicious nid love and possibly a different chapter, unless you were going for a game about macragge.

I wonder if they are implementing a tech tree for this with noticable powerups? Like Chainsword->Powersword->Powerfist etc Could work, also armour upgrades won't go astray.

I'm still a little dissapointed that it's centred around the Ultramarines and Orks, I mean how vanilla can you get.

Chaos

I'm just glad it's not chaos - To many failed 40k games with chaos :P

Yeah, Chaos are a little used up as well.

Unless this game pulls out all the stops and is a recreation of the Horus Heresy, that would be fucking brilliant. Especially if they throw in the other races who take advantage of the civil war as well, would be epic.

Yeah, Chaos are a little used up as well.

Unless this game pulls out all the stops and is a recreation of the Horus Heresy, that would be fucking brilliant. Especially if they throw in the other races who take advantage of the civil war as well, would be epic.

Agreed, but FWIW I'd rather they do the traditional cautions franchise strat: start small, then when it's a success make something epic. Or if interest isn't that great, just bide your time.

I for one would like to see a WH40K Online with the vairous races represented and the galaxy mapped with all the canon's complexity and depth - but it ain't happening. So I'd gladly settle for a well-crafted, if generic, game to start with.

Then Harlequins, Stormcallers and Callidus plox!

now i'm gonna be gunning for a slaanesh expansion pack (preferably Juan Diaz style) and some hardcore necron action. Bt ultramarines are cool as it is ... hey maybe you can come face to face with a tyranid and yell hydralisk skum in online battles lmao.

god i'm a dick...i'll just stick to the minatures.

Gorkamorka expansion!!!