Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
nobody813

Show us your Rig

Posted ImagePosted Image

Still not 100% happy with the cables but so far so good. Just a couple little things left to do like velcro that ssd drive down since its just sitting there right now. One thing i would love to do is replace all those bitfenix sleeved extension cables with properly sleeved cables from the psu just need to find someone to do it for me because i have nfi how or the patience to do so. Main reason i want that done is because its difficult to hide all those cables behind the mobo and still keep the front looking neat since most of those extensions are an extra 30-45cm long.

that's a nice looking rig you got there mate!

got any pics of your rig? I assume thats it in your avatar but too small to see!

Tracked down these posts of Broke123's machine for you Poison, there are some nice pics.

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...st&p=852088

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...st&p=863313

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...st&p=881477

Oh, thanks Opy! haven't been on in a while.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Still not 100% happy with the cables but so far so good. Just a couple little things left to do like velcro that ssd drive down since its just sitting there right now. One thing i would love to do is replace all those bitfenix sleeved extension cables with properly sleeved cables from the psu just need to find someone to do it for me because i have nfi how or the patience to do so. Main reason i want that done is because its difficult to hide all those cables behind the mobo and still keep the front looking neat since most of those extensions are an extra 30-45cm long.

MIght want to brace that over-sized graphics card...

wanted to take a peek inside my cpu block on the weekend, as noticed my temps on the increase.

looks like the dye in my coolant had started breaking down and clogging the micro channels slightly.

wasn't super bad, but enough I noticed and opened it up. no nickel flaking though, luckily :)

I had to chop the case to pieces to fit my rad internally. Will update my build log eventually with some better pics, but for now here is a before and after.

before:

Posted Image

after:

Posted Image

somehow must have zapped my onboard LAN because it stopped working after the rebuild, so had to take the mobo back out so I can swap it today :(

i was using EK pre-mixed stuff as it was on sale quite cheap at the time i was grabbing stuff.

never again haha..

im using plain distilled water right now, and will order some new additives this week (probably liquid utopia)

then will drain and refill at that time.

Whats with the side mounted DVD drive? Do you leave the side panel off the case 24/7? Does is get incredibly dusty? I noticed in your before image the dust on the rad, so I thought I ask.

I like your tube layout in the after pic, looks much better.

Whats with the side mounted DVD drive? Do you leave the side panel off the case 24/7? Does is get incredibly dusty? I noticed in your before image the dust on the rad, so I thought I ask.

I like your tube layout in the after pic, looks much better.

Take a look at the pump position, its mounted over the side of the case, he wouldn't be able to put the side panel on.

Ah yes, tight up against the PSU ...my bad.

If it was me, I would try and swing the rad 180 and place the pump/res where the drive is sitting. I'm sure there is a reason why you haven't done it though. Still I do like your tube layout and MAN! that vid you posted in the other thread of the clogged up block! That shit was nasty!

the dvd drive is just held there with some double sided tape. i've barely used it, but if i ever need it, at least it will already be plugged in. thats a good idea about rotating the rad, but due to its shape there is just no way it would fit. as you would have seen probably less than 1mm clearance, and the rad is not a square shape so simply would not fit the other way.

pump location is temporary now, but i can't think of anywhere better to put it. it doesn't have any mounting holes/screws/anything so all i can do is cable tie it somewhere. open to suggestions, since things are in pieces again.

i'd like to be able to get a side on it one day, but since i put it together its never had both sides on. just the back. dust does get in, but its easy enough to clean. when i can be bothered cutting a window, i'll probably put the sides back on :)

cheers guys

Edited by p0is(+)n

The system has changed a little now, this was taken back when I first built it with a 990FXA-UD7 and an 1100T. It has since been upgraded to an i7 3960X and Rampage IV Extreme. Either way, you get a half decent idea of how it all looks. Fitting the two radiators seemed at fist to be near impossible, but I made it work somehow. now I have 2x 360mm radiators being cooled by 6x Noctua's and I couldn't be happier with the acoustics of the case - it's silent.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fitting the 1500W PSU next to the 360mm radiator was a tight queeze, but I somehow managed.

Posted Image

Leak testing

Posted Image

Pretty much how it looks now (minus the finger prints)

Posted Image

Nice one Unco.

I'm really hoping my next build is as quiet as planned.

What do you think of the TJ11?

Also, amazing job on the water cooling. Thats how I plan to have my next setup done, with full cover gpu blocks and all that sorta shit so i can have a neater loop.

Very nice neat build there mate. I like the way you've mounted your res. good job fitting 0.72M of rad space in there too!

I've been enjoying all the liquid cooling going on around here recently, its starting to feel very atomic again.

Nice build. You can always tell when someone's put a fair amount of time and effort into their build, the results speak for themselves. Those Noctua's would be so quite.

I went for the Fractal Design fans for that very reason. Its one thing to have a nice water cooled rig, but when its super quite, it just makes it perfect.

Hi guys. I'm new to Atomic, but thought I'd just jump right in and show you my rig.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cooler is now east/west with 2 fans, and have added another 8gb of RAM since this photo

I've also cut a hole in the side and added a fan to help keep the GPU's frosty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rig is:

Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.6ghz 24/7 stable

2 x MSI Cyclone Power 6850's @ 940/1100

Coolermaster Hyper 212+

16gb Corsair Vengeance

Silverstone Strider plus 750W

OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

Bitfenix Survivor Core

All case fans Bitfenix spectres, cooler fans coolermaster blademaster.

Logitech G15 keyboard

Razer Deathadder mouse

Built it myself. Its mah baby :)

Edited by mickthebarman

^^ Awesome setup man. I think you the 3rd person with that keyboard and mouse pad combo, me included :)

So is the survivor as wide as it looks? I'm guessing its probably as wide as a full tower case, but just looks odd because its not a high? Either way, not a bad looking case.