nobody813

Show us your Rig

Well since my first post didnt work ill re post it all... and since im new to the fourms from pcpp

My Current Set-up

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Patriot Gamer 2 8GB DDR3

CoolIT ECO A.L.C. CPU Cooler

Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P

VTX3D Radeon HD6950 1GB x 2

Thermaltake Black Chaser MK-I Full Tower

2tb hard-drive

Logitech G15

Logitech MX518

Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard

logitech z506

Set-up

Posted Image

Old Case Vs New Case

Posted Image

Cpu Cooler

Posted Image

Side Shot with case open

Posted Image

Old Set-up

Posted Image

Edited by panzernacker

How's the Mamba?

Really good, the scrolling is a touch off, I am gonna give it a few weeks to see if it is a driver/firmware bug.

Everything else is great, is large enough for my hand, is extremely responsive and it is quite frankly damn sexy looking!

Bought a Mamba last week. The main buttons are not firm enough for my liking. Sometimes I have twitchy fingers and will accidentaly shoot somebody (maybe Nobody) one day. The resistance is barely enough to relax with your fingers resting on the buttons. The clicking is also quite loud.

Other than that it feels quite good and games well. Oh, I find it hard to hit the DPI adjust buttons without clicking the LMB(shutup Shyne). Maybe I just need practice. But it is definately not replacing my Sensei at home. The Mamba is at the GFs place.

Anyway, to try to get us closer to the theme of this thread;

About 3 months ago I completely forgot that I never want go water cooling again. So I started designing a water cooling vertical rack that would stand next to the HAF and feed hoses through the mobo tray, making the visible internals of the case itself look quite neat. That thought developed into building a whole case. That thought developed further and changes often.

I have started gathering the required parts and attacking pieces with the Dremel. I have most of what I need now. I still need to make measurements and order the acrylic panels and work out how a lot of it is going to mount.

You'll need Google Sketchup to view this sorry.

http://users.datarealm.com/opy/PC/Jaffa/PCbuild03.skp

This is the basic plan.

I'm not planning on doing a worklog as I go too long without getting any work done. But I'll probably do something similar to the page I did for my HAF Build.

Specs:

i7-930 @ 3.5GHz

8GB RAM (was 16GB then a bad stick changed all of that)

2x GTX570 SLI

60GB OCZ SSD, 3GB of HDDs

H80 Cooler

Antec P183 Case

Samsung 223SA950 120Hz monitor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BF3 plays like butter on this thing. Only difference right now is the keyboard is a Vengeance K60 :)

Did a lot of work on my PC over the weekend again and its changed substantially since I last posted so thought i'd update this thread with a new pic.

Posted Image

Need to get a proper camera... will update my build log with some decent pics eventually. Also going to do a quick step-by-step for the full cover water block installation.

Did a lot of work on my PC over the weekend again and its changed substantially since I last posted so thought i'd update this thread with a new pic.

Posted Image

Need to get a proper camera... will update my build log with some decent pics eventually. Also going to do a quick step-by-step for the full cover water block installation.

Very nice

Hey all, thought I'd show my latest edition to the family...

Posted Image - Desktop

Posted Image - BF:3

Posted Image - SW:TOR

3x24" Samsung SA450 (5760*1200) - All sitting on a XFX force triple monitor stand.

Thought id post some more pics new rigs finished love it only issue is if I want to take out the ram have to remove the radiator fans.

and I suck at hiding cables

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey all, thought I'd show my latest edition to the family...

Posted Image - Desktop

Posted Image - BF:3

Posted Image - SW:TOR

3x24" Samsung SA450 (5760*1200) - All sitting on a XFX force triple monitor stand.

wow. I would love to give BF3 ago on that.

And you can get an all round face tan as well.

It's rather nice :D - May need to tweak graphics settings, been getting a bit of lag lately. Not sure if it's server side or card struggling (5970)

This is my current rig,specs are in my sig,I don't have the msi gtx 580 lightning 3gb card anymore,I just sold it about a week ago getting ready for the new generation when it comes out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by gazman2k3

Thought it was about time I posted some pics up of my Rig. Specs in my sig. Shes a beast.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla why do you mount the PSU facing upwards especially when you have a sound card blocking most of you air flow?

And Morgoth I can't wait to see the final product also do you like the band Morgoth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgoth_%28band%29?

It used to house:

i7 950

X58 mobo

6G ram

SLI Geforce GTX480's

using that watercooling.

I sold it all, I'll rebuild with Ivybridge/kepler parts soon.

And yeah, I am into metal, I don't buy their CD's, so I guess I'm not a big fan

GhostFaceKilla why do you mount the PSU facing upwards especially when you have a sound card blocking most of you air flow?

Firstly that particular PSU cant be loaded fan down in that case. The fan grill is raised and the support brackets in the case that the PSU rests on are in the middle of the PSU area not on the edges like in many other cases - so it wont sit properly. I actually prefer it facing up as it suck in less dust to the PSU than if mounted on the bottom.

Secondly, the space under the case (like for many cases) under the PSU grill is VERY small - it is actually smaller than the gap between the PSU and the Soundcard ;-) Also remember that traditionally PSU's were mounted on top of the case fan side down to help with exhausting hot air. They are designed for this purpose.

Thirdly that PSU doesnt need much air - on normal usage the fan doesnt kick in at all (a BIG benefit of the PSU). It only kicks in when the PSU hits a certain load. Thus for most of the time the fan isnt even working. Plus if you notice my case has LOTS of airflow around it - this keeps the PSU cool as well.

Fourthly, I have a fan mounted on the side which blows air directly into the GPU and the PSU area - this further keeps it coool all the time as well as providing extra air pushed into it when the PSU hits load.

In any event the soundcard does not fully cover the fan at all - one side is pretty much clear and there is a good bit of space between it and the soundcard. Again the case has massive air flow so there are no dramas with heat.

Its not 'ideal' but I have tested it and have noticed zero difference in temps anywhere though I still monitor stuff regularly. I used to have a Antec PSU in there that didnt have any top or bottom fan - just a rear exhaust one that sucked air through. Was a great PSU totally - however it was noisy - this PSU is literrally dead silent for most of my usage time - ie when on the net or writing an assignment the fan doesnt even kick in. MASSIVE benefit for me but might not be so good for those who have more of a 'hot case'.

Of course one other issue with that mother board is the lack of accessible pci-e slots. The only other one is covered up by the video card up top.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy the Monster Elysium in all its glory!

Battlefield 3 FTW

Major specs in sig.

Things that are in case that i couldn't fit in sig:

Logitech G9x Mouse + Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe Fatal1ty Champ Series, Gaming X-Fi I/O drive included

Sennheiser PC350 Pro Gaming Headset & Mic

Xigmatek XLF-F1253 120mm Orange LED Fan x 1 on backside of mobo

Xigmatek XLF-F1453 140mm Orange LED Fan x 2 one top - one bottom

Random things on my desk at the time:

1TB USB External drive

Starcraft 2 Raynor Dog Tags (from collecters - has sc1+bw on it)

BluePoint Drill

Bluetooth mini keyboard

D-Link Green 1GB 4-port Switch

MANY random cords haha

Hows the Elysium? I was looking at one of those for a WC build.

i think if there's a case you want to get for WC setup, this would be the one, mainly cause of the amount of space inside the case. the h100 that i have hooked up in there is sitting top back and i was just able to fit a 140mm fan i the top (its offset a little).

i think in the previous thread i asked about water cooling a crossfire setup, and you might have recommended this case and its perfect lol

think ill be using this case for a very long time lol

Photos of my rig and workspace:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing too special here. And before you ask, yes, the mousepad is mounted sideways: it's a personal preference; I don't move my hand around that much while gaming.