nobody813

Show us your Rig

Here be my rig.

Posted Image

In test bench mode. Complete with my old 19" Sony CRT I painted black 10 years ago.

Posted Image

On the old desk.

Posted Image

The new home made desk, that I haven't yet cut back a bit, tidied up and painted.

Posted Image

wow i just noticed how dusty my keyboard is in that pic haha, the flash really brings it out!

Hows the Elysium? I was looking at one of those for a WC build.

i think if there's a case you want to get for WC setup, this would be the one, mainly cause of the amount of space inside the case. the h100 that i have hooked up in there is sitting top back and i was just able to fit a 140mm fan i the top (its offset a little).

i think in the previous thread i asked about water cooling a crossfire setup, and you might have recommended this case and its perfect lol

think ill be using this case for a very long time lol

Do you mind getting some photos of the cases internals if possible? In particular the fan mount positions and also psu mount positions (I'm fairly sure it has top and bottom yeah?) and anything else that could be relevant for fitting a larger WC setup? You don't have to post them in here, just host them and pm me the links :) Or make a thread about it, I'm sure it may be of interest to people other than me. Its hard finding good cases for big WC setups these days.

<snip>

So how is that case man? Another one I've been looking at.

<snip>

I love this case. Had it for a few years now. I'm not even sure what model it is now. But it was raved about in one of the Atomic issue's.

Likes: It's very roomy and very sturdy. I like how there is a separate compartment for the psu, hdd's and ssd's.

Dislikes: Very heavy. Also I like to have positive pressure in the case, like what Ashton wrote an article on about recently. And this case makes that, very hard, not even worth trying for me.

But yeah, built like an A1 abrams. I think, like the old Sony monitor, this will be a component that lasts me a decade or more. Also I used 2x psu's for a while, so if that's something you do

then this case is perfect for it.

<snip>

I love this case. Had it for a few years now. I'm not even sure what model it is now. But it was raved about in one of the Atomic issue's.

Likes: It's very roomy and very sturdy. I like how there is a separate compartment for the psu, hdd's and ssd's.

Dislikes: Very heavy. Also I like to have positive pressure in the case, like what Ashton wrote an article on about recently. And this case makes that, very hard, not even worth trying for me.

But yeah, built like an A1 abrams. I think, like the old Sony monitor, this will be a component that lasts me a decade or more. Also I used 2x psu's for a while, so if that's something you do

Looks like a TJ07 or something to me, very similar atleast.

I'd be looking at it for watercooling, heaps of space down the bottom ^.^

<snip>

Looks like a TJ07 or something to me, very similar atleast.

I'd be looking at it for watercooling, heaps of space down the bottom ^.^

Yeah, yeah. *jumps up and down* That's the one.

Here is another new build I just finished,socket 2011 this time around,the window looks great on the coolermaster storm trooper,now all I need is two gtx 680 cards.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is another new build I just finished,socket 2011 this time around,the window looks great on the coolermaster storm trooper,now all I need is two gtx 680 cards.

only two?

So is the survivor as wide as it looks? I'm guessing its probably as wide as a full tower case, but just looks odd because its not a high? Either way, not a bad looking case.

they look even better in the flesh!

a Matx survivor would be boss!!!

Hows the Elysium? I was looking at one of those for a WC build.

i think if there's a case you want to get for WC setup, this would be the one, mainly cause of the amount of space inside the case. the h100 that i have hooked up in there is sitting top back and i was just able to fit a 140mm fan i the top (its offset a little).

i think in the previous thread i asked about water cooling a crossfire setup, and you might have recommended this case and its perfect lol

think ill be using this case for a very long time lol

Do you mind getting some photos of the cases internals if possible? In particular the fan mount positions and also psu mount positions (I'm fairly sure it has top and bottom yeah?) and anything else that could be relevant for fitting a larger WC setup? You don't have to post them in here, just host them and pm me the links :) Or make a thread about it, I'm sure it may be of interest to people other than me. Its hard finding good cases for big WC setups these days.

Decent Elysium photos on Xig's website http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?produc...&type=photo

those photos all good?

if not ill crack the monster open and get some specifics if you wants

Posted Image

Mainboard, processor and ram.

Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H AMD A75 4x DDR3 D-Sub DVI HDMI DP GLAN PCI-Ex16 SATA3 RAID eSATA3 USB3.0 ATX http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/produc...spx?pid=3927#ov

AMD A6-3500 http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/pro...comparison.aspx

Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB (1 X4GB) - $20-00 ;)

The A6 was chosen for its low power consumption (less heat) and integrated graphics. The specs and reviews suggested the graphics are well suited to HD video and I agree, it works very well. Standard cooler is quiet and effective, processor is rarely over 20 degrees.

Tuner

Leadtek DTV2000DS Dual HD Tuner PCI, cheap and works. http://www.leadtek.com/eng/multimedia/over...eid=6&act=1

I have two of these in PC's around the house.

Drives

OCZ Agility 3 60G SATA3 SSD

WD 1TB of some sort, recycled from my NAS

SSD for the operating system making it boot quickly. Well worth doing, machine boots very quickly and restores from sleep almost instantly.

Other drive for recording TV.

All other media is on the NAS elsewhere on the network.

Network

TP-Link TL-WN951N Wireless N PCI Adapter Ridiculous performance for $30-00 although I did upgrade the access point as well recently ($50-00). Cheaper than getting the house cabled. Effortless streaming and browsing in any case.

Synology DS110j - a device that works even better than expected. Small, quiet, energy efficient, cool and doubles as a webserver and a bunch of other things besides. Good gear.

Power supply

SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ PSU - quiet, cool, inexpensive.

Case

Silverstone LC16B-MR Black ATX HTCP << the secret ingredient.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=81&area=en

The iMon integration makes the whole thing work like it should rather than just a PC in a fancy case.

http://www.soundgraph.com/vfd-feature-en/ << this sort of thing but completely integrated and with their remote control.

http://www.soundgraph.com/pad-remote-feature-en/ << the remote

Case comes with a media card reader on the front panel as well. It looks the business and works properly.

Software

Win7 64 bit Ultimate cut down with RT 7 Lite and then tuned further. Screen backgrounds and boot animation from XBMC. Using a pimped version of WMC for PVR and media playback, all controlled from the remote. iTunes for playing my tunes. Windows fonts pumped up to 150% so you can see them from across the room, numerous other tweaks. Firefox 10 setup for kiosk operation and tuned for viewing websites on the TV. If I could nuke the PC post display it would be perfect although it boots so fast its hardly worth mentioning. All applications are controlled from the remote with supplied profiles.

Mouse/keyboard

Logitech MK320 wireless when needed.

Sound

Plenty of sound options but I have the TV connected via HDMI and the TV out to a Yamaha Pianocraft E700 http://www.yamaha-hifi.com/index.php

With the sub its plenty big enough for a small room.

All in all, you wouldn't know it was a PC which was the intent.

Edited by keith_h

only two?

yeah two is plenty,anymore and they don't scale as well.

only two?

its just that you got a psu with enough leads for three gtx680 and enough power for four gtx680

only two?

its just that you got a psu with enough leads for three gtx680 and enough power for four gtx680

yeah it's a good psu I'll probably never use it to it's full potential,you can see here that going from 2 cards to 3 cards is basically no gain at all http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-...ay-sli-review/8 looks like you gain 5 frames more on average,hardly worth the price of the 3rd card.

I'll be happy with 2 680 cards for the time being,maybe when the bigger GK110 cards come out later this year a couple of them might use a bit more of my power supply.

if two GK110 use as much as two gtx480 and you oc them heavily you could probably get your power use to ~700w

looks like the gain at 2560 is fairly good with a third card but obviusly 1920 doesnt need the extra power

id wait for the 4g models if you wanted to run sli gtx680

Took a quick photo of mine with the new motherboard:

Posted Image

Edited by smakme7757

That looks awesome!

That looks awesome!

It really does, doesn't it. *Blinks*

thats f-ing sweet , wheres the like button

Well done wish mine looked this tidy