nobody813

Show us your Rig

the swiftech kit is 340 plus the other rads and fans around 600, the vga blocks cost me 330 for the pair.

the fans on the 240 are real silent running flatout with no control and i cant hear them, all the other fans are on a scythe fan controller so i can turn them up for benching/summer.

thanks man.

on the wishlist now is a silverstone strider 1500 watt psu mainly because its modular and i can hear the coolermasters fan when benching, i think its getting stressed.

im removing my wireless nic because i have cabled my house now and getting either:

1 ocz revodrive

2 quad port intel nic

3 x-fi titanium

Would you say it was a joke of the responses had have been the other way around?

I wouldn't have had to state the obvious in that scenario

Lets bitching to each other and more rigs.

Keep them coming chaps I'm yet to locate a camera that isn't a phone so you wont be seeing anything from me that soon.

*facepalm*

Some people here need to be less cocky. Overclocking and system specs aren't the be all and end all of a system.

That is 100% correct! This is why I am now going to show off my AWESOME HP D530 PC which I got for the awesome price of $0:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This POWERHOUSE PC comes has the following specs:

• Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz/800MHz/1MB HT (YES! It's a PresHot 478)
  • 1GB of Luscious DDR RAM (4 x 256MB)
  • 80GB IDE Hard Disk -- YES, this 2004 PC does actually have SATA ports, but this disk is only IDE
  • No CD-ROM (it used to have a DVD-RW in it, but I ripped it out)
  • Nvidia 6200 AGP 512MB - Intel Extreme(ly crap) Graphics if I remove this

Hey Hulk. Lol at at that 6-core 32nm sticker.....

Yep this is where the 980X truly belongs XD

*facepalm*

Some people here need to be less cocky. Overclocking and system specs aren't the be all and end all of a system.

Sorry, but who is being cocky?

*facepalm*

hulk, clearly.

Look at that giant heatsink!

*facepalm*

Since part of this is directed at me and I am not sure why let me clarify why I laughed at said 980x

1. a Phenom II X6 would likely be able to deliver similar multithreaded performance

2. a phenom II would cost you ~1/4 the price

3. the 980x is an overclocking cpu it has unlocked multipliers and most get to 4.5ghz on water and they charge you a massive premium for this ability

Im not hating in fact I am usually one of the only people who don't bitch about how unfair it is someone has a better system than me.

thanks man.

on the wishlist now is a silverstone strider 1500 watt psu mainly because its modular and i can hear the coolermasters fan when benching, i think its getting stressed.

im removing my wireless nic because i have cabled my house now and getting either:

1 ocz revodrive

2 quad port intel nic

3 x-fi titanium

keep in mind the revo doesn't have trim support IIRC and are you willing to give up a 4x pcie slot? or maybe a x16 if you don't have a x4?

edit: looking at your system pic I am intrigued where you intend to put those 2 PCIE cards? I don't think the sound card would fit between the case and MCH heatsink at the top pcie x1 slot and it looks like your x4 slot has something in it already?

Edited by nesquick

*facepalm*

hulk, clearly.

Look at that giant heatsink!

haha, you could be talking about my Cogage Arrow with 3 Gentle Typhoons, howver, the real star is the heatsink and Delta fan combo in the HP! Yes, if I crank it to 100% (using Speedfan), it does sound like a Jet Enigne spooling up.

*facepalm*

Since part of this is directed at me and I am not sure why let me clarify why I laughed at said 980x

1. a Phenom II X6 would likely be able to deliver similar multithreaded performance

3. the 980x is an overclocking cpu it has unlocked multipliers and most get to 4.5ghz on water and they charge you a massive premium for this ability

Im not hating in fact I am usually one of the only people who don't bitch about how unfair it is someone has a better system than me.

The Phenom II X6 unfortunately isn't even close to the 980X's performance. In most tests it trades blows with the i7 920 (interesting graphs start here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3674/amds-si...055t-reviewed/6). This isn't an issue though, because if you look beyond the cores at the price, it's priced well and is a great chip for the price. It's not a 980X killer, but is much better value for money, and gives you the biggest e-peen you can get from AMD XD

Edited by hulk

The Phenom II X6 unfortunately isn't even close to the 980X's performance. In most tests it trades blows with the i7 920 (interesting graphs start here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3674/amds-si...055t-reviewed/6). This isn't an issue though, because if you look beyond the cores at the price, it's priced well and is a great chip for the price. It's not a 980X killer, but is much better value for money, and gives you the biggest e-peen you can get from AMD XD

I don't normally advocate the Phenom II X6 but in this instance I feel its worthwhile mentioning the points I made. Edited by nesquick

*facepalm*

Well that Anandtech link pretty much shows that it's far from worth the price... look at gaming performance. You'd be vastly contented with the 1090T overclocked, and richer.

And nesquick.... thanks mate for once being on my side. At least someone here as the power of something called.... comprehension.

The Phenom II, just like all of AMD's current processors, are never going to as fast as Intel's premium processors (especially in apps compiled with the Intel Compiler :p)

But in saying that, there are many apps, especially games, where the difference is minimal. And when you take into account the overall cost difference, AMD is a winner in my books

Take this for example

Posted Image

A popular game on a popular engine

So, for $1419, I can get 141 FPS with the i7, or for $349, I can get 127 FPS Phenom II. When you compare these, each frame costs ~$10 for the i7, but for the Phenom II it only costs ~$2.75

Plus, with the money saved, you could get numerous things, and have a better overall system

So, for me at least, Intel gives you excellent performance, but my word do you pay for it. I'm willing to give up 14 FPS, if that saves me $1070

But saying that, if I had the money, I'd go i7, but that is never gonna happen (and if/when it does, i7's will be at your local Salvos being given away :p)

My whole system, if built today, using the equivalent parts, would most probably cost less than a single 980x!!!

EDIT: Getting back on topic, the rigs so far have been excellent

Keep them coming (except sagemage :p)

Edited by nobody813