nobody813

Show us your Rig

Took a few new pictures of my Rig after tidying the cables enough to get the side panel on, was necessary as my fan controller broke so all my fans are full speed for now. Lucky its still relatively quiet.

I only turned the cold cathode on to try and improve the lighting in the picture, my case sits on the floor so its rarely used. Excuse my potato for a camera.

Front:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

Edited by p0is0n

Tron

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz

Asrock Z77 Pro4-M

G.Skill NT 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Powercolor HD 7750 1GB Crossfired

OCZ Agility 3 240GB

Seasonic M12II 520W

NZXT Vulcan

Couldn't be happier with this build and I couldn't wait either, as Guild Wars 2 didn't run too well on my lappy. Im not the ultimate cable manager but I gave it a shot. Next I want to add some more ram (was only $25), fans before this summer. Some more orange LED stripes and a constant computer-like purring noise :P

Edited by alkahest

Quite good actually, I was hesitant to buy them at first due to the motherboard (pcie x16 and pcie x4) however it pulls through great. Pretty much run every game on high at 1920x1080 resolution. Originally I wanted the 1 HD 7850 (cheap powercolor version) but the 2 stores I frequently go to didn't stock them, so I got 2 of these bad boys for less money. Haven't had any issues yet! :)

Quick note about the case and mobo combination, it didn't work out to be the best only because of where the 24pin ATX connector is situated. Between the 5.25" drive bays and the side panel there is not enough gap, so no way of routing that any better :( But I still give this case a thumbs up!

Edited by alkahest

That's a cool look, p0is0n.

Thanks mate.

Dear god what did you cut the top of the case with, a chainsaw? Looks awesome apart from that.

Haha, actually half of it was that honeycomb style mesh, I simply clipped out a large chunk, the rest was cut with a dremel, surprisingly..

I've had other comments on the 'ghettoness' of the cut, I do concur it looks shit, I'd like to get a rad grille eventually..

Here is a quote of a comment made on OCAU..

"You made that cut with can opener and a steak knife. The only way it could be more ghetto was if Jamal was storing his stash of dime rocks in the top of the case."

New lanbox on a budget lol, specs are in my sig, I was hoping to keep it mATX... This was until I picked up a PowerColor 5970 for $100.00 - Had to get a larger case! ><

Feedback? Like my last computer a couple of pages back I like to keep cabling neat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Long time since anyone has posted here :-P

I had my last exam today, so I'll have some time to try and take some good photos of my PC's in the coming days. And my plans for an index of the entire thread (which itself would have to be in another thread) should still go ahead. The hard part has been having time to go through every single post, and organise it in a meaningful fashion. When I started it months ago, this is what I had made:

Atomic Rig Gallery Index – Last updated 27th July 2012

Brissmas

- Aug 16 2010

- Aug 16 2010

krispy89

- Aug 16 2010

lunchbox1988

- Aug 16 2010

nobody813

- Aug 16 2010

NukeJockey

- Aug 16 2010

SceptreCore

- Aug 16 2010

TheFrunj

- Aug 16 2010

In this trial, I used the date of each post with images/links to images in it. Other options would be the post number being the link, or something completely different

What do you all think? Would this be handy for those looking for specific members builds?

Edited by nobody813

Long time since anyone has posted here :-P

I had my last exam today, so I'll have some time to try and take some good photos of my PC's in the coming days. And my plans for an index of the entire thread (which itself would have to be in another thread) should still go ahead. The hard part has been having time to go through every single post, and organise it in a meaningful fashion. When I started it months ago, this is what I had made:

Atomic Rig Gallery Index – Last updated 27th July 2012

Brissmas

- Aug 16 2010

- Aug 16 2010

krispy89

- Aug 16 2010

lunchbox1988

- Aug 16 2010

nobody813

- Aug 16 2010

NukeJockey

- Aug 16 2010

SceptreCore

- Aug 16 2010

TheFrunj

- Aug 16 2010

In this trial, I used the date of each post with images/links to images in it. Other options would be the post number being the link, or something completely different

What do you all think? Would this be handy for those looking for specific members builds?

I like your idea. *cracks whip* Get slaving away to make a new thread with the first post being an index. It will take you hours, Mwuhahahaha.

I think dates as an index will work quite well.. I don't envy the task you've put your hand up for though :)

Posted Image

i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 16G Ram, H60 cooler, Corsair ForceGT SSD, Sapphire 7850 OC, HAF 922 case.

Edited by keith_h

I put together a few servers last week, nothing exciting but there is some variety in the builds. First two are 2U supermicro chassis with redundant PSU, third is a cheap ass 4U chenbro box and the fourth is a supermicro tower chassis. They aren't my machines and aren't worthy of a new thread so thought i'd just chuck a few quick pics in here. Cable management isn't easy in server chassis but basically just want to avoid cable spaghetti so airflow is optimal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by p0is0n

Thanks mate. I did another one today.. here's a couple of pics.

This one is a smb file server hosting a few apps too, in a chenbro tower case. Not too bad for a chenbro actually..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by p0is0n