nobody813

Show us your Rig

Puting some 4tb drives in my machine next week when they turn up so I'll take some pics of my current rig and file server then.

Yeah grabbed a few on the cheap at $180 a pop. So will be replacing a few 3tb drives and throwing them into my server to push it up to the 25+ TB territory.

Here's a few of my setup, sorry for the bad cam T_T

Just finished replacing all the rad fans with Scythe GT 1850s for a total of 10 so far. Thinking of upgrading the vertical rad to a 360mm when I put the gpu's under.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also here's a quick youtube vid after I installed the NZXT Hue; http://youtu.be/YfAKGmaO_Bk sorry for the dark quality(lighting in the room is very poor) it looks like brightness 1 but it was actually on brightness 4(max) & the mobo PCB can be clearly seen @ whatever colour the hue is on. There is also a spectral UV bar which is why the tubing/cables stand out more than usual in the vid. ^^

Full WC specs are;

360mm Swiftech MCR360 in the roof push+pull

240mm Swiftech MCR240 mounted onto HDD cages push+pull

All radiator fans are Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850s(10 total)

XSPC Raystorm CPU Block

Bitspower 1/2" Compression Fittings(Chrome)

Primoflex UV Blue 1/2" Tubing

Koolance 401x2 Bay reservoir + Swiftech MP35x Pump

When I get a good cam or some better lighting I'll take some proper shots, atm the tubing, power & sata cables are all UV reactive. I did have Gelid wing 12 fans too but they just don't cut it for hot summer days which is why I changed to scythe AP15s.

Edited by darkforcemage

lynxen32, if you get your hands on some UV reactive SATA cables, it may give you a bit more bling on your impressive build there. Just a little more colour on the right to balance it a bit. It could also just make it look cheesy if the colour is wrong, so if you try it, just sit the cable there to look at it before going through the whole rewiring effort.

lynxen32, if you get your hands on some UV reactive SATA cables, it may give you a bit more bling on your impressive build there. Just a little more colour on the right to balance it a bit. It could also just make it look cheesy if the colour is wrong, so if you try it, just sit the cable there to look at it before going through the whole rewiring effort.

Are we all looking at the same thing... based on these 2 comments I really feel the need to ask. :/

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Are we all looking at the same thing... based on these 2 comments I really feel the need to ask. :/

Subjectivity and encouragement are two nebulous concepts.

Subjectivity and encouragement are two nebulous concepts.

I has noidea what diss means :P

plus my b'day was 27th last month no one sent me any thankyou.

edit: here is my old rig. my first surround setup.

Posted Image

Edited by lynxen32

heere is my new office space and surround setup. As you kan see it looks good from up heere:

Posted Image

Well finally got around to building up my new rig, nothing to flash, but im very happy with it :)

Posted Image

I moved the stock fan from the back to the front

Posted Image

added 2x Corsair 120mm Quite AF fans, one to the back vent and one in front of the HDD bay and 2x BitFenix Red Spectre LED's 120mm to the top vents.

Posted Image

Rig is:

Case: Bitfenix Shinobi

MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

Ram: GSkill RipJaw DDR3 1600 (in Red)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.8Ghz

GPU: Gainward Phantom GTX570

PSU: FSP Raider 650W Bronze Cert.

HSF: CoolerMaster Evo 212+

HDD: 1x SamSung F3 Spinpoint 500Gb and 1x Western Digital 1TB Blue

Posted ImagePosted Image

Build went smooth as silk, i didnt even have to re-install Win7 , just plugged in OS HDD and booted up( even when asked to Re-activiate just when through the online windows site, no probs). The wiring is "functional" not the best, but its as neat as i could get it in the time frame.

Edited by dishd

Nice rig there DishD :-)

As I always say, Ill get around to posting mine up as soon as I can, as heaps has changed since I last showed it here

new years resolution: new PC. my 965 cpu is getting abit old now. this time I'm not going on a budget or a 10$ k buget to be more accurate. I plan on wc a core i7 gtx 690 rig in a cosmos II case. after the new year it will take about 4-8 weeks maybe less. ;)

Just ditched my WCing loop and GTX480s and grabbed a Corsair H80 and an Asus 7950 Direct CUII, some games run a little worse as expected, but I don't get the microstuttering SLI brings and the insane power usage the GTX480s had, my rig used to pull around 500w at the wall, it would be around 200w or so now.

Also happy that it won't be as much hassle if I need to take the rig apart in future, having such a complex loop was a nightmare, had so much trouble changing the motherboard when I upgraded to sandy last year.

Will get some pics up soon, nothing too special, planning on getting a new case after xmas, so I'll probably wait til then, as my HAF X has been cut to shreds and has a massive hole in the bottom.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Will get some pics up soon...

Looking forward to seeing it!

made a few additions recently

its rather messy for various reasons and will probably remain so for a little while but anyway here it is in its current form

Posted Image

Guest xyzzy frobozz

its rather messy for various reasons and will probably remain so for a little while but anyway here it is in its current form

Very messy!

My wife would not stand for such a gratuitous display of mess. She would make sure that my life was a living hell until such a time as that mess was corrected!

I see you're not even set up on your main desk these days dasa, not enough space for the 3 monitors?

mm that old thing wasnt wide enough

psu is off for rma so the spare is ontop of the case till the replacement comes back

worried the rad had a leek so i havent got the new gpu in the loop yet

thinking about getting a 4x140 rad which will mean a new case but first i need to finish welding some legs onto my new bench and mount all the monitors to it so it can flip them to portrait

for the new case im thinking about having a wood tower made that stretches from the floor to the roof by my brother who is currently doing cabinetmaking

I see you're not even set up on your main desk these days dasa, not enough space for the 3 monitors?

mm that old thing wasnt wide enough

psu is off for rma so the spare is ontop of the case till the replacement comes back

worried the rad had a leek so i havent got the new gpu in the loop yet

thinking about getting a 4x140 rad which will mean a new case but first i need to finish welding some legs onto my new bench and mount all the monitors to it so it can flip them to portrait

for the new case im thinking about having a wood tower made that stretches from the floor to the roof by my brother who is currently doing cabinetmaking

How do you plan on bringing that to my place for our yearly lan? :P Guess it will be at yours next year :P

How do you plan on bringing that to my place for our yearly lan? :P Guess it will be at yours next year :P

hopping to have a cube like frame section slide out the side for portable use

as for the monitor i might just have to flog one from somwhere

may as well chuck mine up

quick spec, nothing amazing, runs arma for me, thats all I need it to do

3930k @ 5.4ghz

corsair dom gt 2133mhz 16gb

2x force gt 120gb raid 0

gtx580 DCUII

Posted Image

may as well chuck mine up

quick spec, nothing amazing, runs arma for me, thats all I need it to do

3930k @ 5.4ghz