nobody813

Show us your Rig

Here is my little dear. lifted her side cover off when she was asleep.

Posted Image

and here she is while running

Posted Image

and a special view the air gets from front fan, to CPU cooler to GPU Radiator before leaving either via the rear or top.

Posted Image

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB GTX470 OC with Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid LCS, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 500GB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 870A-UD3, Thermaltake EVO Blue 650W PSU, Thermaltake V9 (2 high flow fans in front of case 140 & 120 mm),

My new case, the CM690 II Advanced, nVidia edition. It looks much neater than the Antec 900 I had before. I even reckon, my computer is now running faster thanks to this case!!

I did my best at cable management and am quite happy with the results (it somehow doesn't look as good in the picture)

Posted Image

Basic specs are:

Mobo: Asus Z77-V-LE Plus

CPU: 2600k

Cooler: Thermaltake Frio

Ram: 16GB

GPU: GTX580

HDDs: 4x2tb (2 in mirrored others standalone partitions) + 240GB ssd (Corsair something, it's a sata3)

PSU: Antec 900W

edit: after looking at the picture I uploaded, I just realised the Thermaltake Frio cooler is upside down!! >_< I ain't pulling out the mobo now...

Edited by ameel

My new case, the CM690 II Advanced, nVidia edition. It looks much neater than the Antec 900 I had before. I even reckon, my computer is now running faster thanks to this case!!

I did my best at cable management and am quite happy with the results (it somehow doesn't look as good in the picture)

Basic specs are:

HDDs: 4x2tb (2 in mirrored others standalone partitions) + 240GB ssd (Corsair something, it's a sata3)

edit: after looking at the picture I uploaded, I just realised the Thermaltake Frio cooler is upside down!! >_< I ain't pulling out the mobo now...

I think it looks nice :). Good job!

Basic specs are:

I think it looks nice :). Good job!

thanks, I think the extra usb brackets (which are actually useless now that i think about it) ruin it as well :P

Updated build. I just bought a new Corsair 600T Silver. Still waiting on full set of bitspower silver extension cables to fix up the wiring. But everything else is as it will be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Found some pictures on my phone when I was backing it up. Did a clean and installed my 4tb drives a few weeks back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mudg3

Updated build. I just bought a new Corsair 600T Silver. Still waiting on full set of bitspower silver extension cables to fix up the wiring. But everything else is as it will be.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zpsa97a1015.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zpsebd2f8a7.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zps862a6df1.jpg

Hey Modz, got a couple questions.

the pics I have seen of that case have a vent hole in the bottom but I see your PSU has the fan drawing from inside the case. is there a reason for this?

I ask because I see alot of fans drawing air out of the case, 2 top, 1 rear, the 2 Graphics cards and the PSU (seemingly). when I had excessive exhaust fans I found my GPU fan stuggled for frsh air in the rarefied atmosphere of the case. I also experienced dust being sucked in every hole that there was, filtered and otherwise. how does this case cope with just the 1 20cm front fan for input to the case?

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zpsa97a1015.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zpsebd2f8a7.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/M...zps862a6df1.jpg

Hey Modz, got a couple questions.

the pics I have seen of that case have a vent hole in the bottom but I see your PSU has the fan drawing from inside the case. is there a reason for this?

I ask because I see alot of fans drawing air out of the case, 2 top, 1 rear, the 2 Graphics cards and the PSU (seemingly). when I had excessive exhaust fans I found my GPU fan struggled for fresh air in the rarefied atmosphere of the case. I also experienced dust being sucked in every hole that there was, filtered and otherwise. how does this case cope with just the 1 20cm front fan for input to the case?

I prefer negative pressure when using air cooling so heat is withdrawn from the nearest point it can be. The GPU's blow heat out both ends out & in. Which without draw from the bottom causes all the heat to go straight into CPU. So putting the PSU faceup draws at-least a decent enough percentage of the heat downwards. Hence the negative pressure to maximize this. Even know heat rises, it can only do so if there is air to replace it. So having the Red 200m fan inside the case higher up (aswell as the stock white 200mm), it creates a barrier of cooler air on top of the heat straight into the CPU, causing further heat below to be sucked downwards and not up. Not all, maybe not even half. but enough that its very noticeable under heavy gpu load. To work that out btw i used our chemical "party" smoke machine and a straw/duct tape fitting to funnel smoke around to see what was happening inside. Kinda like how wind tunnel aero testing if u think of it like that. just much more bogan haha.

I'm kinda OCD about air flow and cooling. hence the reason for upgrading case the old Lanboy just wasn't doing anything even under huge positive pressure.

*edit, plus I'm also kinda OCD about aesthetics, and evening colour out where i can. White in the front, CPU & rear. red top, bottem middle.

**i also keep a relativly dust free place as i have Asama and bad hay fever so dust really isn't an issue.

Edited by Modz

thanks for that.

what GPUs are they. mine was a GB GTX470 and it's squirrel cage fan does blow both ways but mostly along the card. it would get an extra 10% on fan speed just from negative pressure. the upper front fan fixed that. that front fan is now the loudest fan in the case.

the mid level fan and smoke testing is nice.

yeah, dust free rooms. I have wondered if a seperate dust filter for the room would be better than the screens on the PCs.

along with aircon and using tumble dryer tubing to duct hot air outside...

Had a crack at some cable management.

Shit is hard work...forgot to plug in my front panel USB/Headphone Jack....Gah.

Sorry about the shit quality, I don't own a camera nor a decent phone, not even a good webcam.

Battle Station Album

Nearly a year old!

Major props to atomic, getting me inspired to ditch store bought and build my own.

Comp:

i5 2500k, running at stock still.

Radeon 6970 2g.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Motherboard

G skill RIPJAWS!! 8g.

Coolmaster 212 cooler.

OCZ agility 3 120g ssd

1TB HDD.

Much love from yours truly,

THUMBS UP!

i7 2600k @ 4.0ghz

8GB DDR3 2133mhz 10-12-12-31

Agility 3 128GB + 1TB 7200rpm + 2x2TB 5900rpm

Gigabyte 7950 (900/1250) Stock

Avivia Blue Keyboard + GB M6900 Mouse

Phillips 27" 1080p

I've had this computer for 2 years now, had the ATI 5850 in there up until November just passed when I got myself the 7950 and the Keyboard.

Later this week Im grabbing some sleeving to "get'er done" so that should be good.

Proper cable management, never thought it was that worthwhile without the sleeving so I never bothered.

Daily Usage

Posted Image

Front Viewing Angle

Posted Image

Side Panel View

Posted Image

Side Panel View

Posted Image

No Side Panel View

Posted Image

No Side Panel View

Posted Image

No Side Panel Angled Shot

Posted Image

Apologies for LQ camera, its all I had at the time...

Some nice rigs there guys, good job!

drawesome: Pretty insane lighting, how do you sleep at night :D

Nice cabling lynxen32.

Although not technically working yet, or even in a case unfortunately, this is my latest project

Posted Image

It's a Baby-AT Socket 7 system that I'm attempting to build a PC with. I'll make a thread about it soon, not only showcasing what I have done, but also for asking questions

Edited by nobody813

Although not technically working yet, or even in a case unfortunately, this is my latest project

Posted Image

It's a Baby-AT Socket 7 system that I'm attempting to build a PC with. I'll make a thread about it soon, not only showcasing what I have done, but also for asking questions

nice.

i have three projects going ATM, my main PC, which is getting sleeving and WCed, my HTPC, which is being made into a record player. and possibly me putting a pc in an amiga 500 i have (it still works if any of you want it)

Mine in its current form.

I'd like to have matching GPU, but I couldn't track down another with the stock cooler at a decent price.

Going on 4.5 years old now (GPUs excluded), but main specs are:

i7 920 d0 @ 3.4GHz

6gb 1600MHz Dominator DDR3

GA-EX58-UD5

Crossfire HD6950 2gb

X-Fi Titanium

Case is an NZXT Switch 810 White. Best case I've ever built in.

Planning to do a motherboard, CPU and RAM upgrade as soon as I'm able.

Posted Image

Edited by Ezkaton

First parts of my PC arrived yesterday, i still need a second radiator, a pump, the i7-2600k to arrive and the reservoir.

With water cooling on ya cpu why not run ya 920 @ 4ghz? Easily achievable

Perhaps, but why do what I don't really need until ARMA III? :p

Plus the pumps on those Corsair coolers aren't very good...

Edited by Ezkaton

drawesome: Pretty insane lighting, how do you sleep at night :D

Barely ;)

Well its not too bad, it faces the wall the entire time, admittedly when the case is on my right side.. It bleeds into the corner of my eyes.

There are two cathodes, one in the bottom between the PSU and side panel, one on top of the PSU running horizontal but under the window when closed, I can turn these off with a switch.

The front intake and rear exhaust can have their led's turned off with a front of case button. I can get it so only the CPU fan led's are lit up.

But usually she's running full tits out for the boys mode...

Posted Image

Since taking those pics on the page before this one, I've removed the bright red side panel fan.

There would have been two red ones in there but the top side panel fan would not have fit with my Hyper 212 heatpipes blocking any fan movement.

So I ordered 2x Scythe 12mm 2000rpm black fans from the one place out of twenty that had it in stock.

6 days later they were in my hands, they really are super slim and fit quite well, both running at 1200rpm.

The bottom side panel fan intakes cool air into my graphics card, and the graphics card blows out air towards the back of the PC & push's a lot of air towards the top side panel fan so its exhausting the heat & quite well too.

Next in line is a huge (1-2m) red strip around the edges of the system and another smaller one surrounding both side panel fans (60cm)

There are some bloody brilliant systems displayed in this thread, kudo's to all you guys who did the hard work,.. hours of cable management, sleeving, simplistic but great lighting options...

Kudo's!

Edited by drawesome