nobody813

Show us your Rig

Nice and neat job.

Love the storage labels.

My new PC build, sold my lga2011 rig for some spending money while i went overseas, and bought all this new (except vid card, bought on ocau) with my left over change.. nothing special, just something to get by with till IVB-E hits 2011, then this will be my little bros new rig

i3-3220 3.3ghz (2c4T)

MSI- H77MA-G43

Kingston hyperX 1866mhz 8gb kit (4gbx2)

Samsung 128gb 840 PRO SSD

XFX radeon 7750 2gig

Asus pce-n53 wireless card

philips 273E3LH 27" LCD screen

logitech g110 keyboard

reused razor imperator mouse

Posted Image

Time for a PC clean and revamp

replaced stock coolermaster fans with bitfenix fans. also installed some strip LEDs and created the plate for the 5.25 bays

some nice things in there.

lables on drives,

the strip LEDs, I have the old led on a sleved wire but that looks so even and clean. the rear is nice too. just put it on the birthday list.

is that crbon fibre or a fake , either way it looks nice.

Have been thinking about making an index for this thread again, but it'll be a huge undertaking. Anyone still think it'd be useful?

Time for a PC clean and revamp

replaced stock coolermaster fans with bitfenix fans. also installed some strip LEDs and created the plate for the 5.25 bays

some nice things in there.

lables on drives,

the strip LEDs, I have the old led on a sleved wire but that looks so even and clean. the rear is nice too. just put it on the birthday list.

is that crbon fibre or a fake , either way it looks nice.

I had the NZXT led wires in there before but these give a much more uniform light. All the leads in these new LEDs are sleeved in MDPC. Finally bought me a ratchet crimper so I have to complete the wiring (LED strips switch and Fan LED switch)

The carbon is the fake 3D wrap. I'm waiting for the 700 series cards before I order a new set of bitfenix cables.

Have been thinking about making an index for this thread again, but it'll be a huge undertaking. Anyone still think it'd be useful?

yes, so please get to work.

yes, so please get to work.

LOL

Thanks for that, er, succinct answer there noskcaj

:-P

I'm partway through my build, so far:

Looks good.

Keep it going :D

That's going to be difficult, the pumps i got are no-where near their rated head pressure, it won't go through the waterblocks.

I have to say, I have found it really hard to keep my cable management nice. There are just that many cables going out the back of the case, that I can hardly close it! How the hell can you get around that...?

I have to say, I have found it really hard to keep my cable management nice. There are just that many cables going out the back of the case, that I can hardly close it! How the hell can you get around that...?

As many zip ties as possible. i've heard custom length cables help too.

before the cleanup

Posted Image

After the cleanup and removal of 2 240 rads and one of the gtx 460's

Posted Image

Edit: Rather than pay $80 for a clear side panel delivered, I scored 2 A4 sheets of 3mm perspex for $7 and tested out my new dremel i got as a late bday present.

Posted Image

The black rubber stuff is just insulation from an old coax cable and its all held together with hot glue.

Didn't turn out too bad for $3.50

Edited by st8smn

Hey Guys,

After some good advice from Dasa about mixed metals in my loop i decided to rebuild.

my original build was a fan-less design - PHANLESS: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=54359

i changed the cpu block to match the GPU block (both nickle).

i have 3 fans now. 1 in-take on the rad, 1 out-take and one in the psu (traded back my passive psu $$$).

temps are 20-30 (at load) on the gpu :)

Posted Image

How can you deal with those black bars? :/

I'd rather buy one huge normal screen rather than have 3 verticals put together.

I can understand horizontal multi monitors as the left and right add to your peripheral... but that... :/

Son, I am confuse.

Well I have this rare condition where my peripheral vision is better than my frontal vision. It's actually better in a way that it is enhanced over normal vision. I can see the dots of light in my room through the window in the dark better out of the corner of my eye rather than looking at them straight on. This setup makes it easy for me to utilize that skill. The short version. because it's rad.

"crab" meaning what exactly?

cannot any1 be happy for me? is it so hard to ask? maybe you were born yesterday, but I know where you all come from and are going. you treat me like a crook, when you are the crooks. eat my shorts.

Edited by lynxen32

I should plug the lights in inside my rig and take a pic, it still looks exactly the same as it did when I built it two years ago. Silverstone Fortress doing a great job not allowing any dust in. Only cleaned out the bottom fan filters once or twice. Still on the same Windows 7 install on a 120GB Silicon Power SSD, no hiccups whatsoever knock on wood.

What the hell it was just a joke.

As in, you could only walk sideways because of the vision... IDK.. :/

okook. I understand it was a joke. no harm done.

You so mean Bushi :P