Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
wraith676

Civ 5

This is a preemptive measure to curb the abhorrent, debasing and humiliating addiction that is civ. Please send you love to people like this... and me... IM AN ADDICT!!!!

Oh good, you're just reposting the CivAnon ad campaign that's been around since before Civ4 came out....

I thought you were saying that they'd moved from turn based to real time and I was going to go into nerdrage mode

Oh good, you're just reposting the CivAnon ad campaign that's been around since before Civ4 came out...

The joke may have started back then, but that's a new clip - it contains footage from the official Civ5 trailer.

I had no idea that this was posted before i tried to look for original thread but got lost. :) this is still full of win but. Hahahaha

Figured I'd use this thread to discuss this further.

A little over two weeks to go until it's released and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting.

I'm looking forward to see how the single stack idea works compared to the current style in BTS. Being a bit of a pacifist I welcome any move that prohibits massive stacks appearing on my doorstep to annihilate me, but by the same token it may actually force me to play a more militaristic form of play, as I too can't simply stack countless defenders in cities and on key resources.

I'm also excited about the new Steamworks multiplayer; with that pedigree they should get it right I hope. The multiplayer/Gamespy system in Civ IV/War/BTS was flawed to put it politely. I personally experienced situations such as a non resign drop-out of one losing player resulting in another losing player electing to wait for a re-join indefinitely, just to spite others. The non-official patches or playing in third party leagues like CivPlayers helped, but there were still issues.

Anyone else pre-purchased as well?

Edited by Periander

I have pre-purchased but am too heavily involved in SC2 atm to even contemplate C5.

It will most likely become a secondary distraction when I need a change of scenery :(

Figured I'd use this thread to discuss this further.

A little over two weeks to go until it's released and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting.

I'm looking forward to see how the single stack idea works compared to the current style in BTS. Being a bit of a pacifist I welcome any move that prohibits massive stacks appearing on my doorstep to annihilate me, but by the same token it may actually force me to play a more militaristic form of play, as I too can't simply stack countless defenders in cities and on key resources.

I'm also excited about the new Steamworks multiplayer; with that pedigree they should get it right I hope. The multiplayer/Gamespy system in Civ IV/War/BTS was flawed to put it politely. I personally experienced situations such as a non resign drop-out of one losing player resulting in another losing player electing to wait for a re-join indefinitely, just to spite others. The non-official patches or playing in third party leagues like CivPlayers helped, but there were still issues.

Anyone else pre-purchased as well?

I concur with everything you've said, except I'm pre-ordering tomorrow.

I love the Civ series, but with Halo:Reach out next week and F1 2010 out the week after I think there's no point. I doubt anything but F1 2010 will see play until Xmas.

Can't wait for it. As much as I love Civ IV, 5 is the reboot I think the series needed.

The more I hear about it the more I want to play it.

Can't wait to take over the world with my girlfriend then have her inevitably stab me in the back.

Edited by Charcoal

Can't wait for it. As much as I love Civ IV, 5 is the reboot I think the series needed.

The more I hear about it the more I want to play it.

I agree. I like to conquer the world and Civ4 made that a little too long and painful.

My favourite in the series was 2 though :p

I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know if I'll even bother. Civ4 lost me. Civ for me now is FreeCiv.

Boo!
Next you'll tell me that you liked 'Colonization for Civ4'!

I remember you writing that article. I didn't remember you liking the game, among all those caveats.

"Civilization Revolution" was the best by far.

Yeah, I really appreciate civ rev. I mean, it is good to know that if I have a nasty accident and up with brain damage, I'll still be able to enjoy a game of Civ.

"Civilization Revolution" was the best by far.

Yeah, I really appreciate civ rev. I mean, it is good to know that if I have a nasty accident and up with brain damage, I'll still be able to enjoy a game of Civ.

Well, that and you can play totally pissed.

We try and play BTS sessions when drinking; while the game sort of gets decided early on, the victor is usually the one who consumes the least.

Start pre-loading guys!

I'm pretty stoked that pre-loading is available for this game. The game comes out on friday, but with my lame net speed, it would've taken most the weekend to download.

I'm a bit miffed we get it three days after the US release. Even though I have this preloaded, I'm tempted to pirate it so I can play it the same day.

Sick to death of delays for arbitrary reasons in the Aussie gaming market.