Sign in to follow this  
bowiee

Which bluray player do I choose ?

Ok I am about to buy a blu ray player to go with my new Kogan 42" 1080p 100Hz lcd tv. (Link for those who are interested)

Now kogan have this one ($349.00) Bluray 1080p player And sony have this one (bdp-s350) for around the same price. (Big W $394.00).

sony bluray 1080p

Thing is in the past before I started buying pioneer drives for my computer I had brought a couple of Sony ones and was not very impressed to say the least. Now I know these drives are not computer drives, but over all in the past I have found Sony wanting. So has Sony come along in the last few years, or are they still to be avoided.

Well I don't know about Kogan or Sony myself (even though sony invented Blu-ray)

But I do know that this little number of a Blu-ray player is awesome

The Samsung BD-P1500.

It's easy to use... you can configure lots of settings your liking (switch it to 1080i if you want!) and like the rest of them out there it upscales DVD to HD 1080p (but it still doesn't look quite as good as Blu-ray)

I was at JB Hifi at the weekend and noticed they're selling the one you mentioned for $379. I've got all sony home theatre equipment and have had for years. Haven't had a problem, other than those that are to do with aging and use (ie equipment wear). If in doubt, check out choice or cnet.

i only recently bought myself a series 6 samsung full hd 40" lcd tv. and if you dont already have a theater system to go with your nice 42' screen i suggest you get one. I have the Samsung HT-BD2, and the sound and picture is unbelievable. it cost me from Harvey Norman $1100, although i didnt shop around you could probably pick them up for a bit cheaper now

i only recently bought myself a series 6 samsung full hd 40" lcd tv. and if you dont already have a theater system to go with your nice 42' screen i suggest you get one. I have the Samsung HT-BD2, and the sound and picture is unbelievable. it cost me from Harvey Norman $1100, although i didnt shop around you could probably pick them up for a bit cheaper now

Hmm Samsung have generally improved on quality and Sony as always done well. I'd get either of them.

Thanks for the advice :) but I already have a theater system. Onkyo

I am just trying to decide between the kogan bluray and the sony. I know sony is the father of bluray but are their machines any good ?