Chancellor

The next picture will...

Cheers.

Oops forogt about that part >.<

The next picture will be windy.

My new car

(Is this enough "tongue in cheek"?)

<image>Next one will be "family life"

Did you do any post processing on that photo? Or is that just using various settings on your camera?

Next one will be "family life"

That's an awesome photo btw. Love the cloud

<image>

The next photo will be "fiery".

Nyawww, thats so cute :D

I got this one in the bag.

Campfire at a Rover Camp at Cowra.

It was a heavily processed HDR on an overcast day. Three shots in RAW at ISO 400.

Cheers.

Oops forogt about that part >.<

The next picture will be windy.

Windy!

Wanaka -

Posted Image

The next picture will make you scream.

That looks....gelatinous. DOF is spot on though :)

Posted Image

From my fiancee's collection of pointy spousal motivation enhancers. Where she got it, I don't know.

The next image shall be laden with intent.

That is one nice image Takoma. What really puts it our there is the red lighting used. Maybe I should just copy your photo for your "next image" request :)

Laden with intent - in my interpretation of your meaning

Posted Image

The next image will be Atomic...an

Rob

Edited by motiv

I have loads of photos of computers and mods. They are all atomican however .. boring.

Taking my lead from Atomic (As layed out in the post) I have taken this "environmental observer" anti atomic protest photo to fit the purpose better.

Posted Image

Next image is firefight

It would seem everyone else is bored with this. How about a challenge ?

How about challenging our skills ?

Might I suggest the first challenge be to Paint with light ? Maybe a light ball ?

For Firefight ..

Posted Image

It would seem everyone else is bored with this. How about a challenge ?

How about challenging our skills ?

Might I suggest the first challenge be to Paint with light ? Maybe a light ball ?

For Firefight ..

Posted Image

That is an awesome picture!

What did you mean by challenge and paint with light etc.

That is an awesome picture!

What did you mean by challenge and paint with light etc.

Thanks for the comment.

I mean things that push us hard. Make us learn

Things like :

Long exposures

HDR

Second shutter sync

Low key light

high key light

Light painting

Bulb setting

Macro

Fill flash

Panning

Lens zooming

Painting with light

Shoot wide open

Bokeh

.. And many more.

Things that take us out of our comfort zone. Not too far though as this is meant to be fun.

My light painting attempts so far

check this flickr group out

Light Junkies

Edited by michael.jenkin

Not bored, I had been thinking for ages about how to get a photo for firefight but have not had the time to sit down and get the photo.

I still want to see this continue, it is a lot of fun to see what people come up with given only very brief theme. I think that giving a specific style of photo may be a little limiting..

Saying that, I do want to play around with light painting and would love to see what someone can come up with. Everyone is free to suggest whatever they want for "The next picture will", and yes it's nice to push the boundaries and learn a little more, but as you say this should be about fun, not just about specific imaging methods. What I want to say is try to keep it open for everyone.

For now, as Michael states the next image will be Paint with light. Maybe a light ball?

Awesome pic by the way Michael.

Edited by Chancellor

Not bored, I had been thinking for ages about how to get a photo for firefight but have not had the time to sit down and get the photo.

I still want to see this continue, it is a lot of fun to see what people come up with given only very brief theme. I think that giving a specific style of photo may be a little limiting..

Saying that, I do want to play around with light painting and would love to see what someone can come up with. Everyone is free to suggest whatever they want for "The next picture will", and yes it's nice to push the boundaries and learn a little more, but as you say this should be about fun, not just about specific imaging methods. What I want to say is try to keep it open for everyone.

For now, as Michael states the next image will be Paint with light. Maybe a light ball?

Awesome pic by the way Michael.

I hope noone takes offence to the unfair statement I made about being "bored". The thread just sat there for a while and was moving to the second page and I just thought people had moved on and did not find the thread interesting anymore.

I am glad to have been found wrong. This thread has meant I have gone out more and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I was kind of stumped as well at firefight. I had an idea and a possible pic but I couldn't really see it in that context. Oh well. I should get out more and take some shots...

I know that this is not quite what you meant Michael, and I really do want to play with light painting.. But I think this image covers half of the topic. At least the painting with light.

Paint with light. Maybe a light ball?

Posted Image

Taken on my last trip to Melbourne in between the many periods of rain.

I hope it is ok..

The next image will be sharp.

Posted Image

Close up of my razor taken with an ef-s 60mm macro which is an awesome lens. ;)

The next image will be desolate

-X

I know that this is not quite what you meant Michael, and I really do want to play with light painting.. But I think this image covers half of the topic. At least the painting with light.

Paint with light. Maybe a light ball?

Taken on my last trip to Melbourne in between the many periods of rain.

I hope it is ok..

The next image will be sharp.

As with all things, this was open to interpretation and your interpretation is very nice :)

I like it

Particularly like this shot, the slighly unsharp nature adds to the effect of the blades

Posted Image

middle of the Atacama... sorry about the man-mad bits, that was why I was there.

Next picture will be sodden.

Edited by MandoTiM

That shot is a cracker. You also managed to capture the wind blowing up the dust as well so it does create the image of complete desolation. :)

That shot is a cracker. You also managed to capture the wind blowing up the dust as well so it does create the image of complete desolation. :)

thanks, think it was one of the first shots I took with my new Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 lens.

thanks, think it was one of the first shots I took with my new Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 lens.

Man, that is an awesome shot. Well done.

Awesome shot there Mando :D

The next picture will be sodden

Posted Image

Somewhere on the Routeburn Track, New Zealand, Dec 2009.

Everything was quite wet to start with, by the time the mist had entered the valley everythign was completely sodden.

The next picture will be stacked.

Very awesome.

Posted Image

Picture of a massive stack of railroad nails i took in the yarra valley yesterday

The next picture will be phased