Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Amiga4eva

Sick Kitteh

My cat "Amiga" is suffering from - as determined by a vet today - kidney failure :(.

She's not even a year old.

They think (depending on whether it's an infection or just something that 'happened') she has about a 50% of pulling through. She is massively dehydrated and her kidneys are badly swollen.

So I would ask anyone who is a cat lover or pet lover in general, to keep this beautiful girl in their thoughts over the next few days.

Needless to say, I'm about as shattered as can be. My pets mean as much to me as people do.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/152/253...87407516902.jpg

That's too bad man.

I feel for you.

........crosses fingers.........

About all I can do.

Sorry to hear that mate.

She's so cute. I hope she pulls through and lives a long and purring life with many cheezburgers.

Does she have any brother or sister that can offer one of their own kidneys for a transplant?

That sucks man. Reminds me of a job I was at today, and me and my boss were having lunch when a dog comes up. Threw it a bit of food and it ate it like it hadn't eaten in days. Had a collar and everything.

This isn't in-line with your kind of problem, but it still tore at my heart. :(

Hopefully your kitteh pulls through!

Damn....

They are resilient though - did the vet prescribe lots of water?

Probably unrelated but be wary anyone of feeding cats too much canned tuna, they love it, it hates their kidneys...

Hope she is better tomorrow - lots of affection is a good thing to comfort her with.

Cheers

Damn....

They are resilient though - did the vet prescribe lots of water?

She's on a drip right now... she is taking in fluids, but hasn't urinated or anything for quite a while...her body is just absorbing whatever fluids they're giving her. Just waiting on blood tests to determine whether or not it's an infection that's causing the kidney failure.

I fucken hope she pulls through.. I can't bear the thought of coming home and not seeing her.

Had a cat with that sort of issue a few years back, came out to be a urinary tract blockage and after some, well, squeezing, by the vet really, he recovered and is alive and well.

Hope for good news tomorrow.

Cheers

:( It's always tough when your pet is sick. My sympathies, dude.

if it's an infection, they'll pump her full of antibiotics, that's the best you can hope for I guess.

My housemates cat had a kidney infection earlier this year, and took him a month to recover (Cost a good $1000 in vet fees too)

He's doing pretty well now.

if it's an infection, they'll pump her full of antibiotics, that's the best you can hope for I guess.

My housemates cat had a kidney infection earlier this year, and took him a month to recover (Cost a good $1000 in vet fees too)

He's doing pretty well now.

That's pretty much what the vet said, about the infection/antibiotics...

This has already cost $850... but if she can be saved, it can cost $8,500 for all I care....

I'm not a fan of cats but I know how it is with sick pets.

Had a sick lizard the past couple of weeks and she isn't even in the same house as me (no pets here), had to quarantine her from the others but in the end she didn't pull through :( Massive sadness.

All hope to you mate.

This thread is making me sad. I love my pets so much I can't stand to think about anything going wrong with them.

My thoughts are now with your kitty. She'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about this Amiga, I can only hope for the best.

/crosses fingers

As a fellow cat owner, I wish you and your kitty all the best.

I don't like hearing about sick kittys :-(

tabbies are the shiz - hope it all goes well

we've got a black and white thing here i would give away - she is sweet but just a ravenous fat tard who sleeps and creates patches of grey felt all over the house, but our 8yo loves her (and she, him)

the burmese is much more fun

Strange, as I read this thread and started feeling a little down, my cat meowed almost simultaneously.

I hope she pulls through, I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to my cat.

Strange, as I read this thread and started feeling a little down, my cat meowed almost simultaneously.

I hope she pulls through, I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to my cat.

Under all that composite metal and advanced killing code... beats robot heart...... that loves kitteh's!

Sorry to hear about your cat, hope she goes ok.

Speaking of amounts spent on healing pets, I was sitting outside a cafe in Surry Hills some years back and a lady with a stroller walked past. There was a cat inside. Something looked amiss about the cats head, and she said that a decade back the cat had been run over and stopped upon by a four wheel drive. She said she spent about $40k on him, and that was with most of the work done by vet students at USYD. She must have really loved that cat.

spelling

Edited by komuso

Poor little furry friend. And what a dear little creature she is. Warm fuzzy thoughts for the little ball of warm fuzziness, and wishing you lots of hugs and comfort, my dear boy.

Good luck, my sweet. Take care.