Dasa

The Sandy Bridge Preview

we now have a 2500k review but no overclocking however someone at xs has purchased a cpu

SandyBridge Core i5 2500K review

http://en.inpai.com.cn/doc/enshowcont.asp?...amp;pageid=7705

there is orders showing up in aus to but i cant see any K models yet

Intel Core i5 2300 LGA1155 CPU 2.8Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/4T Turbo Boost $249.00

Intel Core i5 2400 LGA1155 CPU 3.1Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/4T Turbo Boost SB2400 $259.00

Intel Core i7 2600 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Sandy Bridge 4C/8T Turbo Boost SB2600 $399.0

Asus P8P67 P67 LGA1155 MB 4DDR3 Intel Sandy Bridge $209.00

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P P67 MB LGA1155 4DDR3 USB3.0 SLI GLAN 12SATA Sandy Bridge $249.00

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5 P67 MB LGA1155 4DDR3 USB3.0 SLI GLAN 12SATA Sandy Bridge $299.00

ASUS P8P67-DELUXE $369

Edited by Dasa

intel has dealt overclockers another kick in the nuts with sandy

looks like the unlocked multi has a random limit 2500k samples so far are between 46x-48x but can be stable at 4.8ghz on air if the multi lets them go that far

hopefully 2600k will have a much higher limit

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showth...3576&page=2

Edited by Dasa

intel has dealt overclockers another kick in the nuts with sandy

looks like the unlocked multi has a random limit 2500k samples so far are between 46x-48x but can be stable at 4.8ghz on air if the multi lets them go that far

hopefully 2600k will have a much higher limit

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showth...3576&page=2

Awesome. AMD will reclaim enthusiasts again. Im not sure how high the Bulldozer arch will overclock, but 32nm will just bring more of the goodness 45nm did. But comparatively, Llano which is an Athlon II, should show quite a marginal jump over Ahtlon II/Phenom II current gen of notable overclocking fame.

Awesome. AMD will reclaim enthusiasts again. Im not sure how high the Bulldozer arch will overclock, but 32nm will just bring more of the goodness 45nm did. But comparatively, Llano which is an Athlon II, should show quite a marginal jump over Ahtlon II/Phenom II current gen of notable overclocking fame.

maybe not since bulldozer isnt set to come out till just before intels x68 platform in 3Q 2011

it will be a interesting fight to see just the same and hopefully amd ends up at least equal

i found this very interesting and love the detail

P67A-UD7 Most In-Depth Preview/Review

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=263543

maybe not since bulldozer isnt set to come out till just before intels x68 platform in 3Q 2011

it will be a interesting fight to see just the same and hopefully amd ends up at least equal

Actually... you're wrong about that. Bulldozer is coming out May/April. I wouldn't expect X68 till August/September. This is no coincidence.

Thanks for the link Dasa looks interesting as my X58 SLI LE died last night ...

Thanks for the link Dasa looks interesting as my X58 SLI LE died last night ...

so you did think about what I said to you :P

Yeah and to be honest there isnt going to be a big enough performance gap by the looks. I've got my system running off my X58m and my W3502 currently but under stock its running at 50c and im going to have to do a Reformat becuase I cant reinstall LAN drivers.

Somthing about it not being able to find the MUI file (please if anyone knows how I can correct this tell me!"

Posted Image

This was at work.

Edited by sora3

give us a yell when you see a 2600k :)

You mean scab one when they pop up? :P

@ Barrakooda, not yet. I'm still trying to figure out when Melbourne is sending them up here to Sydney though as they did this quite quietly too... >>

turns out they dont have a random multi limit they were just hitting a hard fast wall that extra v and cooling doesnt help possibly due to a full speed l3 often not liking 4.8-5ghz is the current theory

still 4.6-4.8ghz isnt exactly bad :)

Edited by Dasa

I got the cash sitting in the bank can't they release the 2600K already ! Oh i purchased my first watercooling loop tonight with the help of Morgoth (been annoying him the last few days). Everything is in place for an awesome PC!

Edited by smakme7757

All you need is a decent LGA1155 board...which isn't out yet unless you want to go budget then top tier later on... >>

I got the cash sitting in the bank can't they release the 2600K already ! Everything is in place for an awesome PC!

You certainly ain't the only one, I've read soo many threads on guys ready to GO! my self included.. Its like Xmas!

Edited by Bolter01

I got the cash sitting in the bank can't they release the 2600K already ! Everything is in place for an awesome PC!

You certainly ain't the only one, I've read soo many threads on guys ready to GO! my self included.. Its like Xmas!

I feel your pain...COME ON let us spend our money! =D