CPU cooling  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use for your CPU Cooling

• Stock Fan
    • Air Cooling
    • All-in-one Water Cooling
    • Custom Water Cooling
    • Other [insert quirky response here]

Just an idea that popped into my head and I wanted to see what the majority of users here use for CPU cooling

Personally I've been using the stock fan for a year now since I wasn't too worried about OC-ing but after buying a Noctua fan I decided to use the Thermolab BARAM that was sitting under my desk to use

How about you guys what do you use? Do you love it, hate it, or do you want to throw it out the window when it doesn't work! Do you think that it was worth it and what kind of load temps do you get

Mine hits around 70 without HT but it really depends what the weathers like - hence why I do most of my OC-ing in the winter

Fan in the lappy, whats that I here, yes a lappy :(

Edited by letinmad

used so far a CNPS9900LED, then went to a Coolermaster V10TEC, now using a Corsair H50 with two Noctua's in push pull...

still have each of my previous cooling solutions...

Swiftech MCR220 DRIVE rad/res/pump combo with a swiftech apogee XT cpu block, load temps around 60c on a 4ghz i7 930 with HT on (pumping 1.375v into it too)

Aftermarket air cooling for me. Usually something from Thermalright, but most recently from Xigmatek.

BLACK TRUE now.

Will be Water cooling or phase when LGA2011 is out.

Using stock at the moment but when I get some cash together I'm going to grab a Scythe Big Shuriken so I can do a bit of heavier OCing

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - whisper silent and the best cooler I've ever bought. Average temp (idle) is arround 36 degrees and load 47 degrees with fans on ultralow (blue adapter). I'm running a small overclock to 3.14 Ghz and all my fans are set to silent operation.

thermalright for aircooling, always, and watercooling.

My Stock Fan for my Q6600 has 2 bent pins, so I opened an old HP from like 2004, and there wasn't an Intel stock cooler in there, there was some fat Cooler Master one with a copper core cooling some old Celeron D. Surprisingly, I put that in my system and it runs cooler than the stock cooler did by 7-8 degrees. :S

The fan gets really annoying when it's on 100% load, I look at SpeedFan when I run prime, and it went up to 4300 rpm somehow rofl. But I never use 100% in my normal tasks anyway, it's only prime.

custom water i3 540@4ghz 1.26v ~20c idle ~35c typical load

gtx480@800mhz stock v ~26c idle ~35c typical load

max temp during fur and linpack at same time cpu 44\48c gpu 39c

I use an Aywun V-10 Radi cooler to keep my little 3.5Ghz e5200 running very cool. Might be overkill, but for $43 it's extremely effective and quiet. Not super heavy with included blue led 120mm, and what looks like a Zalman ~fanmate-2~ speed controller.

http://aywun.com/ProductDetails.asp?ID=91

About a month after buying it, I was browsing http://www.frostytech.com/, when I noticed this is the same cooler. 3Rsystems Iceage Boss II http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2461. The Aywun V-10 fins are silver and the pipes base copper, but otherwise the same unit. The Aywun doesn't have the little airflow 'spolier' plate that the Iceage has.

Frostytech scored it pretty well, so I'm more than happy with my own results with it.

Edited by sickocrow

Noctua NH-D14 in a Lian Li Dragonlord PC-K58 case + 200mm & 120mm intake. 120mm rear exhaust, 2x 140mm upper case exhaust. 120mm sitting inside to push air from the bottom to the top. It's not loud either, all together including the 140mm + 120mm that is for the heatsink

E.g.

Posted Image

kraz3 howd you fit a 200mm fan in the front? lol also i believe the bottom fan you have the wrong colour arrow it should be bringing in cold air, not hot.

kraz3 howd you fit a 200mm fan in the front? lol also i believe the bottom fan you have the wrong colour arrow it should be bringing in cold air, not hot.

Sorry, I was incorrect there. It was actually a 140mm. PC-K58

The front intake (140mm, not 200mm sorry), blows directly on to the HDD rack, so I have the fan straight after it, the rack, to blow warm? air straight up. The PSUs location, it has it's own vented grill thing in the case itself, so I don't want warm air lingering around the bottom half of the case. Especially when going to crossfire :P

I miss my K62 kinda, the raven is too fargen big.

the raven is sexy :P

I miss my K62 kinda, the raven is too fargen big.

the raven is sexy :P

It is, but fuck is it heavy, although having the handles to carry it is alright I guess.

One day when I'm rich I'll get a case that I like that can mount a 4x120mm rad inside.

I chose all in one and custom water cooling only because I don't like fugly big ass looking heatsinks and purely the fact that water is better at transfering heat.