74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use for your CPU Cooling

• Stock Fan
    • Air Cooling
    • All-in-one Water Cooling
    • Custom Water Cooling
    • Other [insert quirky response here]

True 120 x on my qx9650

Just upgraded to i7 950, GB-x58a-UD5, 6G kingston hyper X. Now i'm not sure what cooler i should try for this setup. Wanted to go the Theralright Silver Arrow but hyper X ram causes clearance issues. Now i'm thinking maybe a Corsair H70 all in one water cooling setup. I just hope it wont be too loud!

the h70 isnt that great, especially for the price. better off saving for real watercooling imo. otherwise get a prolimtech megahalems.

hows the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Liquid Cooling Kit is that any good? (as a trial before going full water cooling?) (im doing the venomous X black or XT for now with my new rig then upgrade later to water kit or try this.

that kit is extremely good the only thing that would improve a kit like that is a better radiator. it is full watercooling :P very good value for money too!

ill have to look into that also is there a thread on here that tells the best water cooling setup (which parts,fittings etc?)

if not that would make a great sticky!

Edited by jdog

True 120 x on my qx9650

Just upgraded to i7 950, GB-x58a-UD5, 6G kingston hyper X. Now i'm not sure what cooler i should try for this setup. Wanted to go the Theralright Silver Arrow but hyper X ram causes clearance issues. Now i'm thinking maybe a Corsair H70 all in one water cooling setup. I just hope it wont be too loud!

the h70 isnt that great, especially for the price. better off saving for real watercooling imo. otherwise get a prolimtech megahalems.

hows the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Liquid Cooling Kit is that any good? (as a trial before going full water cooling?) (im doing the venomous X black or XT for now with my new rig then upgrade later to water kit or try this.

that kit is extremely good the only thing that would improve a kit like that is a better radiator. it is full watercooling :P very good value for money too!

ill have to look into that also is there a thread on here that tells the best water cooling setup (which parts,fittings etc?)

if not that would make a great sticky!

there isnt one, not many people use watercooling on here, nor are there a great deal of questions about it :(

there is a bit of info on watercooling parts and some links to more info in the parts guide

there is a bit of info on watercooling parts and some links to more info in the parts guide

maybe you me nuke and morgoth should make a sticky :P

i agree!!!!

i agree!!!!

if your're intrested, nukejockey has some watercooling stuff for sale in trademart, would make a good start for cooling!

i agree!!!!

if your're intrested, nukejockey has some watercooling stuff for sale in trademart, would make a good start for cooling!

i check that out, i wonder would it fit the haf x case im getting?

thanks for heads up!

(goes and checks out trademart)

Edited by jdog

i agree!!!!

thanks for heads up!

that case is huge itd fit somewhere.

i agree!!!!

thanks for heads up!

that case is huge itd fit somewhere.

thats good,but the thing is im tossing up between air or water.air more simple (just fans and a HSF but water is cooler and looks nice).but becuase ive never done water before ill think ill stick to air for this build.... and get water later down the track or my next build...

I have a HAF 932 Case............. so everything is frozen with the amount of air that passes through it

I also bought the dust filter kit for the HAF from PCCG and the GPU temps haven't gone up.

I have a HAF 932 Case............. so everything is frozen with the amount of air that passes through it

I also bought the dust filter kit for the HAF from PCCG and the GPU temps haven't gone up.

im getting the HAF X for next build (due in a few weeks hopefully)

so that should be good.

i started with the same swiftech kit and added extra rads and gpu blocks.

check the pics of my rig here http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...34733&st=80

i fit the dual rad infront of the hdd bays and the tripple up top and the single at the back res in 5.25 bays.

heaps of room in the H.A.F just dont use the wheels they are shit!

stick with quiet fans i have changed a few times and there isnt much of a difference in temps maybe 1-4 degrees @ the most.

Running a NH-U12P (single fan). I'm considering push/pulling it or grabbing a D14/Silver Arrow for a higher 24/7 clock. For benching though my chip (i5 750 L925B618) dies after 216mhz bclk so I doubt I'll see any higher clocks (given I'm not willing to pump it more than 1.5v as this is my work computer).

I'm currently back on air, trying out the Silver Arrow, unimpressed so far.

What have you been disappointed with the Silver Arrow for. All the reviews I've read have said they beat virtually anything below custom wc (which I can't afford). They're supposed to be the king of big air, even displacing the monstrous D14 from Noctua.

EDIT: @nukejockey rofl. It's all relative but fair call. I dream of the day when I can actually afford to throw a wc loop in my rig instead of running it below its potential. Until then I look on admiringly to people like you :P

Edited by turk

Running a NH-U12P (single fan). I'm considering push/pulling it or grabbing a D14/Silver Arrow for a higher 24/7 clock. For benching though my chip (i5 750 L925B618) dies after 216mhz bclk so I doubt I'll see any higher clocks (given I'm not willing to pump it more than 1.5v as this is my work computer).

I'm currently back on air, trying out the Silver Arrow, unimpressed so far.

What have you been disappointed with the Silver Arrow for. All the reviews I've read have said they beat virtually anything below custom wc (which I can't afford). They're supposed to be the king of big air, even displacing the monstrous D14 from Noctua.

Because I had water before hand, so any type of air cooling is going to be unimpressive to me.

Custom water in Antec 1200. swiftech xt - cpu, mcp355 - pump + xspc restop, mcr420 - rad, EK FC wb acrylic top for 4870x2

Posted Image

Bottom fan on rad removed so i can reach psu switch easy.

Going with new red and blue pipes on next rebuild plus more 45deg rotary bits and more UV lights

Posted Image

Simple mounting but it works great and i can lift complete system with it so sturdy as i could hope for less than $5.

Edited by gaff3rp

Back on Custom water now, Swiftech MCW220 DRIVE with an EK Supreme LT Plexi Cpu block, looking at adding a 360mm rad near the end of the year with some mcw60 gpu blocks for my gtx480(plan on getting a 2nd gtx480 aswell)

Posted Image

Edited by nukejockey