Sign in to follow this  
Charcoal

Windscreen replacement advice

So, my girlfriend's Jazz has a crack in the windscreen that's going to need to be replaced.

Having never had to do this before, I'm looking for some opinions on companies and an idea on the price.

Also, we're in Melbourne if that helps...

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Charcoal

Is the windscreen covered in the insurance?

I seem to remember the old "one windscreen a year" coverage clause from a while back?

O'Brien was always a favourite for repairs / replacements when I was living up north.

Is the windscreen covered in the insurance?

I seem to remember the old "one windscreen a year" coverage clause from a while back?

O'Brien was always a favourite for repairs / replacements when I was living up north.

We checked that and it seems that windscreen cover is an optional extra with AAMI :(

As for O'Brien, it's at the top of the list, but only because it was the only one that either of us knew; because of the advertising.

Yeah, I'd totally be looking into at least getting the one free windscreen claim option. $60 vs the $200+ cost of a 'screen out of your back pocket, tough choice :P

I believe there's also an option of getting the crack repaired, but personally I'm dubious about such a thing.

Yeah, I'd totally be looking into at least getting the one free windscreen claim option. $60 vs the $200+ cost of a 'screen out of your back pocket, tough choice :P

I believe there's also an option of getting the crack repaired, but personally I'm dubious about such a thing.

AFAIK, the repairs are for chips only and right now the damage is a sizeable crack.

Edited by Charcoal

Fairly sure they can repair minor cracks.

So long as it's not in your normal field of vision and doesn't extend from an edge to an edge then it should be OK.

Whoever you go with, it'd probably save $50 + if you take the car to them.

O'Brien Glass, they wont be the cheapest but they used to offer a "next one free" deal if the replacement gets killed in the next 12 months.

It's great if you travel in the country from time to time.

Stay Nude, Stay Happy

QBE ftw. UNLIMITED free windscreens / windows :)

Yep... QBE is a top notch glass replacement company.

Oh, it's an insurance company? Well that'll help if the car is insured with QBE.