Sign in to follow this  
Vanne

Flashed Mac G5 Quadro FX 4500

Just wanted to let you guys know who maybe give a shit that i just successfully flashed a PC FX4500 with the Mac Open Firmware from The Mac Elite and works like a damm charm in my Quad G5.

This card makes my X1900 sounds like a 747 taking off and has now transformed my Quad into a whisper machine. It REALY is THAT quiet. The 512mb also doesnt go astray in WoW! :)

I was initially going to poke around to see if i could ramp up the core and the memory, but have decided not to at this stage as i sure am enjoying the quite bliss.

Well done.

I was looking to attempt the same for my DC Xeon Macpro but ended up perfecting the hackintosh on the i7.

Looking through some of the tutorials scared the pants off me so - respect.

Thanks tick, but the real cred would go to the peep would actually wrote the software to dump the original roms. Anyways, just wanna keep my quad for as long as poss.

Still got yer macpro? I sold mine about 6 months ago.

Edited by Vanne

Just wanted to let you guys know who maybe give a shit that i just successfully flashed a PC FX4500 with the Mac Open Firmware from The Mac Elite and works like a damm charm in my Quad G5.

This card makes my X1900 sounds like a 747 taking off and has now transformed my Quad into a whisper machine. It REALY is THAT quiet. The 512mb also doesnt go astray in WoW! :)

I was initially going to poke around to see if i could ramp up the core and the memory, but have decided not to at this stage as i sure am enjoying the quite bliss.

Hey Vanne, I know this is a little long in coming...Looking for a "successful" G5 rom to use on a Quadro FX 4500 flash! Is there any chance you might still have the one you used? The rom listed most recently at the mac elite isn't working for us. Any chance you can offer some help to a newb?? Thanks in advance!

Gheejh mate, haven't checked here in a long time. I don't have that card anymore, however may still have the rom I used on a thumb drive.. I'll boot up in a bit and have a look around for it. I do however have the gtx rom, but you will need a proper gtx not quadro as the men chips are quicker on the non quadro. Anyways I'll have z look for the rom.