xentrox

Q6600 Overclock

Hey Atomic!

My first time here at the new forums, and today I was thinking about my current Q6600 OC that i achieved a few months ago. I haven't changed it since then. I'm currently at 3.15Ghz. Here's my CPU-Z Validation:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1378177

I'm one of those people that couldn't get their system to POST without a memory voltage tuneage. My motherboard gives my ram 1.8V while it needs 2.1V to POST. I also had to manually set my RAM to 5-5-5-16 as 4-4-4-12 simply didn't POST.

First of all, is this even a proper OC? It is a 100% stable but I'm not sure if it's proper or whether I can get more out of this G0. I know of statistics with 4.2 and 4.3 OC's on Watercooling.

My PSU is a 620W Modular Corsair and the CPU Cooler is a XIGMATEK Dark Knight.

You need to complain about the ridiculous amount of voltage you're feeding the ram. What is your pc spec?

You need to complain about the ridiculous amount of voltage you're feeding the ram. What is your pc spec?

Some ddr2 1066mhz RAM required 2.1 v to run at its specified speeds.

My old dominator's did.

Airflow alright? What are the temps you're getting?

check the superpi thread

I still run my g0 6600, and i managed 3.68 stable on air (the stock cooler too at that)

wouldn't be for gaming though, was topping about 98 degrees at full load. had to put the voltage to nearly 1.5 for the cpu

Edited by g0t.w00t?