Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rofloorsander

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

From the developer's of Penumbra: Overture, and Penumbra: Black Plague...

Posted Image

Official Site: http://www.amnesiagame.com/

Developer: Frictional Games

Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux

Release: September 8th, 2010

PC system Requirements:

o OS: Windows XP/Vista/7

o Processor: 1.5Ghz - Low budget CPUs such as Celeron or Duron needs to be at about twice the CPU speed

o Memory: 1 GB

o Hard Drive: TBD

o Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.

Demo:

http://www.amnesiagame.com/#demo and on Steam

Where to Buy:

Frictional Games Store Pre-order for 10% off.

Gamer's Gate Pre-order for 10% off.

Direct2Drive Pre-order for 10% off.

Steam

Impulse

Gamestreamer

Premise:

The last remaining memories fade away into darkness. Your mind is a mess and only a feeling of being hunted remains. You must escape.

Awake...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.

You stumble through the narrow corridors as the distant cry is heard.

It is getting closer.

Explore...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent puts you in the shoes of Daniel as he wakes up in a desolate castle, barely remembering anything about his past. Exploring the eerie pathways, you must also take part of Daniel's troubled memories. The horror does not only come from the outside, but from the inside as well. A disturbing odyssey into the dark corners of the human mind awaits.

A sound of dragging feet? Or is your mind playing tricks on you?

Experience...

By using a fully physically simulated world, cutting edge 3D graphics and a dynamic sound system, the game pulls no punches when trying to immerse you. Once the game starts, you will be in control from the beginning to the end. There are no cut-scenes or time-jumps, whatever happens will happen to you first hand.

Something emerges out of the darkness. It's approaching. Fast.

Survive...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent throws you headfirst into a dangerous world where danger can lurk behind every corner. Your only means of defense are hiding, running or using your wits.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

Review:

rockpapershotgun love it

IGN 8.5

Eurogamer 8/10

Note: I stole this OP from neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406129

I bought the game through Frictional Games website, means they get more of the cut, if you're buying it, you should think of doing the same (though Steam is very tempting).

I already pre-purchased on steam, $15USD at the moment 20% off.

How much does it cost off their website?

I loved the Penumbra games, very scary. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Also, the demo is quite good.

Just finished the game and I gotta say, its close to GOTY for me so far.

A game made by 5 guys who don't even have an office, they collaborate over the net, the voice acting was a bit shonky, but otherwise it seemed fairly polished.

Really great game to play through and made me shit myself on more than one occassion, one bit so bad I actually screamed, like a girl -.-

I've only played for an hour (other things on and my need for sleep) but I've really enjoyed what I've played. I would recommend it based solely on the demo and my first hour.

I've only played for an hour (other things on and my need for sleep) but I've really enjoyed what I've played. I would recommend it based solely on the demo and my first hour.

Funny thing is, it gets lots better about 2-3 hours in.

Took me 7 hours to complete by the way.

Maybe an hour of idle time though.

Wish more people would get into this, it really is a great game and well worth the small price of admission, lasts about as long as most AAA singleplayer games and is better than most.

Dripping with atmosphere, its truly one of only a few games that you can get fully immersed in. Similar to stalker in the way the world just drags you in and makes you feel like you're there.

Seems really polished too, I had 1 crash (which may not have been a crash, but impatience on my part) and no other bugs at all.

I've been looking at this game, how is it in comparison to Condemned? Sounds like that kind of atmosphere with some supernatural spook added or something.

Nothing like it.

Theres no combat at all. Its scarier than Condemned imo. More a Psychological horror game than anything.

I'm about an hour into it.

I've seen nothing scary, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting kind of creeped out.

The atmosphere and ambience are enough to unsettle you.