neX

StarCraft II at0mic Invitational Tournament

I guess the confusion arises over the interpretation of the word "active" in "for active at0mic forum members who play StarCraft II." quoting the OP. Active in number of posts, or active as in already joined?

Gammou, and whatsup_will joined over 2 years ago, but have 14-15 posts, however their accounts are active, and were so at the time of the tournament announcement. Contrast this to other players who joined the Atomic forums not only after the tournamemt was announced, but after the fact that prizes were being awarded. Then to set up the brackets then change the rules midway does seem kind of unfair to me.

My interest in this is nothing more than wishing for my son to do well, but more importantly, for a fair set of rules in place for everyone to play under.

I say remove all notion of a prize and then see who signs up.

I'm keen just to have some matches would be good if was opened up though. Maybe even some random team matches and FFA's would be good.

I just enjoy having friendly matches with people I know, I don't care about anything else. If these new guys would like to join, may as well but don't make it tourney rules then, just set a random number generator to decide how many players/what players and what style of game. As soon as there is competition involved it becomes more of a chore than a fun match.

I did sign up not fully knowing what the prize was. I understand how you would like this to be a fun thing and if you people wish to stand by your decision I can't say anything about it. It's just im a bit irritated how the rules were not clear at first and that you have made major changes which has cut quiet a few people out. I wouldn't go as far to say that I don't associate myself with atomic, i read some forum posts, buy most of the mags, joined in a few of the TF2 nights that were on, i just dont post very often.

Edited by Gammou

What a joke Atomic, I have been a Subscriber for a long time yet I don't get a spot because I'm not posting on the forum's... Not everyong works in an idustry where they are at a PC all the time. I am often away from my home and I read ALOT and do NOT post, there are very few people who are more entitled than me to be in this and I find it insulting that I have been dumped because of this... Consider the subscription canceled, AtomicMPC is not what I thought it was.

What a joke Atomic, I have been a Subscriber for a long time yet I don't get a spot because I'm not posting on the forum's... Not everyong works in an idustry where they are at a PC all the time. I am often away from my home and I read ALOT and do NOT post, there are very few people who are more entitled than me to be in this and I find it insulting that I have been dumped because of this... Consider the subscription canceled, AtomicMPC is not what I thought it was.

You were never a subscriber. 12 year olds don't get enough pocket money to subscribe.

You were never a subscriber. 12 year olds don't get enough pocket money to subscribe.

Brother I'm 23 I own my home and I have more than enough money to live my life I don't need you calling me 12, thanks mate. Enjoy your night.

P.S. If you need to see my stack of atomic's I will post a pic buddy. Insults don't get your anywhere grow up

With a 'Guru' user making the sort of comments sir_substance just did how could I be expected to hold faith in the Atomic community and what it represents. It was hateful, shallow and childish.

Edited by JRobbo

How did this disolve so fast.

I tried keeping things civil, I really did.

And then you go fuck it up SS, some opinions are better kept to yourself.

As I said, I think we should still play as is, just with clearer guidelines for the next time this happens, in fact I'll take that responsibility on myself (no offence intended Nex, you do a bang up job, it's not your fault it got to this). I agree that it isn't fair the rules were changed halfway through, I don't agree with this senseless blame game and bitching nonsense. It's a game for christ sakes people, play it or get over it.

Brother I'm 23 I own my home and I have more than enough money to live my life I don't need you calling me 12, thanks mate. Enjoy your night.

P.S. If you need to see my stack of atomic's I will post a pic buddy. Insults don't get your anywhere grow up

Ill show you mine if you show me yours. There are an arse-ton of people here more deserving then you. This is a community run event, started by a respected member of these forums, not haymarket media. If hawkeye wants to divvy up prises thats his decision as community manager. The mag is an entirely separate entity uninvolved in the goings on of either the forum or the web based news feed and heres the real skinny, son. Noone gives a shit how many mags you have bought. You are surrounded by people who have been buying and contributing at least as long as you have been buying alone. I've got a single digit mag lying around here and I buy off the news stand about 3/4 of the issues that are printed. Ive still got three or four of the atomic CD's and unlike you I actually KNOW the people I am playing.

So go cry boy, noone cares about your feelings, and certainly noone wants your attitude.

Ill show you mine if you show me yours. There are an arse-ton of people here more deserving then you. This is a community run event, started by a respected member of these forums, not haymarket media. If hawkeye wants to divvy up prises thats his decision as community manager. The mag is an entirely separate entity uninvolved in the goings on of either the forum or the web based news feed and heres the real skinny, son. Noone gives a shit how many mags you have bought. You are surrounded by people who have been buying and contributing at least as long as you have been buying alone. I've got a single digit mag lying around here and I buy off the news stand about 3/4 of the issues that are printed. Ive still got three or four of the atomic CD's and unlike you I actually KNOW the people I am playing.

So go cry boy, noone cares about your feelings, and certainly noone wants your attitude.

There are many more deserving granted 100% your correct. I still don't deserve your disrespect or anyone else's because I have contributed as best I can in my situation. ah 'son'? is that what the kid's say these days?

P.S. Hawkeye is awesome and I think he is on the ball. But I also like to think Atomic is bigger than any one person even Hawkeye.

Edited by JRobbo

I still don't deserve your disrespect or anyone else's because I have contributed as best I can in my situation.

Absolutely correct, and if I have given that impression I do apologise. My disrespect is based 100% out of the fact that after (alleged) years of reading the mag and never ever bothering to sign up to the forums, you drop in the instant you sniff prizes and then when told that wasn't the way it worked, tried to blackmail us into letting you play anyway.

Oh my god SS

I don't require 2 copies of AMPC every month, I had no chance of winning anyway and if I did you could have had the sub if it means that much to you, I don't need two.

Edited by JRobbo

I still don't deserve your disrespect or anyone else's because I have contributed as best I can in my situation.

Absolutely correct, and if I have given that impression I do apologise. My disrespect is based 100% out of the fact that after (alleged) years of reading the mag and never ever bothering to sign up to the forums, you drop in the instant you sniff prizes and then when told that wasn't the way it worked, tried to blackmail us into letting you play anyway.

What the fuck are you on about?

Pro tip bro. Stop posting!

Everyone needs to chill out. Take a deep breath and play.

to the guys who did want to sign up and weren't able to please go to this thread http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=31543 and post your Name and ID number so you can be added to the list. And we can all get alone.

Everyone is welcome if your lurking ignore the people (you know your are are) ruining this for everyone.

Interesting way this thread has turned out.

To the new guys, while some regulars may have been a little harsh, I guess the point they are trying to make is that community run events generally ... well ... involve the community. As far as Atomic goes that would generally require some active involvement on the forums and/ or meets.

To the peeps who have been around a while, I have to say that for some, the quick abusive posting has to be the worst example of what it is to be a part of the Atomic community. There is a way to talk to people and a way not to - regardless of how miffed you may be about someone's post/ thought or idea.

Wow what a shitstorm. This was supposed to be a fun event to iron out issues for future ones and unfortunately it has blown up in my face. Admittedly, yes, the qualification requirement was a bit ambiguous, and have clarified my position on that and also have apologised for misleading those that have signed up and have been inconvenienced.

I never had this problem when I ran the OZTF, Q3F or RA3 tournaments back in the day but I guess there were never any 'qualification' rules like here. Maybe I should have proofed what I was writing and ironed out any ambiguity before announcing the tournament. There will always be issues somewhere along the line though. I could have taken the 'invitational' meaning literally and invite who I wanted to play but that would not be in the interest of the community.

In the end, I have to draw a line somewhere and that, unfortunately, is on the post count, unless everyone agrees that join date would be more suitable.

At this stage I am still interested in running this tournament (and future tournaments).

PS: Hawkeye is just trying to encourage community run events. No blame should be put towards him. He does a hell of a job, and I appreciate his effort and input. End of story.

PSS: I agree with the The Tick's sentiments as well.

It didn't come as that much of a surprise when you guys changed the sign up requirements.

I was only signing up so i could get a nice free subscription, fully knowing it was a bit of a loophole.

Doesn't worry me either way, hopefully its a fun event.

If you guys want we can have a show match where the winner takes me on.

Interesting way this thread has turned out.

To the new guys, while some regulars may have been a little harsh, I guess the point they are trying to make is that community run events generally ... well ... involve the community. As far as Atomic goes that would generally require some active involvement on the forums and/ or meets.

To the peeps who have been around a while, I have to say that for some, the quick abusive posting has to be the worst example of what it is to be a part of the Atomic community. There is a way to talk to people and a way not to - regardless of how miffed you may be about someone's post/ thought or idea.

+1 Tick

I feel I need to add that Sir-Substance's 'views' are not at all the views of me, Atomic or - I hope - the community.

But as far as I'm personally concerned, that was a totally douchey way to handle things, SS.

If you guys want we can have a show match where the winner takes me on.

This is a very good idea & credit to you legion for acting this way even though the changes do not favor you.

Ok....are we still voting on the map for the first round?

Anyway I vote Xel’Naga Caverns - hoepfully we can get this thing started :)

Xel'naga for me as well

@neatep - That is an awesome idea

Any other regs for the tournament? If not - will kick it off as is on Sunday with a reshuffle of the matches.