Sign in to follow this  
Antraman

[Proposal] New subforum - "HTPC's" in the Bits section

I wonder if my bits could get their own sub-forum. There's enough attention to it at atomic meets. I have photos to prove it :P

I do like the tagging idea. Could definitely help games the are released on both PC and consoles (eg the Duke Nukem Forever thread in PC is definitely relevant to Console gaming. The title even mentions this) as well as MAME projects that have the hardware and software components.

One or the other, dude!

Oh, you know I could never leave you guys.

You still haven't given me the antidote...

What I think people are really after is some kind of forum tagging, so that you could use a 'HTPC' filter to find all posts that were tagged as relevant to such ; )

With how mainstream and componentised case modding has become, I would have thought that HTPCs and SilentPCs would have enough interest to warrant some kind of more inclusivity. A section for silent computing, theatre-based computing, and theatre-based components would at least be more on-spec than a photography forum : )

Nive ideas. I never really liked tags myself, but for such a "general enthusiast" forum such as this they could work. People could then maybe setup their own custom forums based on tags, with those tags being automatically applied to any posts they make there. That's probably getting a bit complicated though, and would bring in a whole heap of modding issues.

I'll look into the tagging thing - if it's a case of plugging in a module, it might be doable.