Sign in to follow this  
orcone

Call of Duty: Black Ops to come with dedicated server support!

So I guess its safe to say everyone agrees Cod4 was the jewel in the crown for the cod series?

What an AWESOME ending that game had.

You think so?

I've thought all the COD games have been a bit cliche to be honest :P

Although COD/2 were less about the story and more about the epic gameplay.

This is a joke to say the least, those morons at activision and the other morons at gameserver thought they can fool everyone by saying that dedi servers are available for the public. They failed or should i say the deliberately decided to down play the fact that you and you alone can ONLYrent from Gameserver.

I bet they were drinking when they came up with that bright idea. They fail to understand that its the gamers and gamers alone who pay for game servers and they alone have the power to decide if and who is going to host their game servers, after all , its the gamers hard earned cash that developed gsp's and e=sports sites.

What do they expect us as gamers to do, roll over and say Yes Sir...and No Sir...Obviously they dont know how fast things can turn around and bite them on the ass. ( Pardon my french )

So I guess its safe to say everyone agrees Cod4 was the jewel in the crown for the cod series? up until the series was ruined

yeap! its the only Cod i play on pc any more.....

im playing the MoH beta at the moment and quite enjoying it....when i dont get killed 98% of the time!!

i still need to install BF2.....

Edited by jdog

So I guess its safe to say everyone agrees Cod4 was the jewel in the crown for the cod series? up until the series was ruined

yeap! its the only Cod i play on pc any more.....

im playing the MoH beta at the moment and quite enjoying it....when i dont get killed 98% of the time!!

i still need to install BF2.....

I did cod4 and then moved to cod5, but this new cod and its roo shit announcement about open dedi servers is like eating a cold meat pie.

This is a joke to say the least, those morons at activision and the other morons at gameserver thought they can fool everyone by saying that dedi servers are available for the public. They failed or should i say the deliberately decided to down play the fact that you and you alone can ONLYrent from Gameserver.

I bet they were drinking when they came up with that bright idea. They fail to understand that its the gamers and gamers alone who pay for game servers and they alone have the power to decide if and who is going to host their game servers, after all , its the gamers hard earned cash that developed gsp's and e=sports sites.

What do they expect us as gamers to do, roll over and say Yes Sir...and No Sir...Obviously they dont know how fast things can turn around and bite them on the ass. ( Pardon my french )

Oh rubbish bollocks and crap.

The BF series worked exactly the same in that EA decided who could run servers and who could not.

And dedicated servers are available for the public to play on, but like the BF series you can only rent from official hosts.

As for gamers alone who pay for the servers, hahahahahahaha get a clue. Internode at least is paying to host free to the public black ops servers and I would not be surprised if other ISPs do the same deal.

Currently Internode run all these dedicated servers

http://games.on.net/gameservers.php

and I don't see any gamers directly paying to play on them.

So perhaps get a clue before making childish clueless posts.

Sure there are vanilla pubs hosted by both telstra and node, but to play the competition mod you have to head over to clan/individuals servers. In saying this 15 bucks is cheap for an 18 slot server. For example an 18 player server from cubos is 1.70 a slot (30 bucks for 18).

I see no problem with this, as long as the hosting company has the infrastructure to keep up with demand.