Vanne

Just completed Portal

I know, I know, old old game.

I never played it when it was initially released and didn't read/know anything about it till I got it off steam a couple of months ago. I won't spoil it for people who also haven't Played it yet, but fark me dead it freaking great.

I just love that song at the end.. It's so psychologically insane that it's just awesome!

Iam not sure what it cost when it came out, but I would have happily payed a hunge for it.

Top game, love the dynamics and the psycological side effects are great!

"and iam still alive!"

It's an epic game, that's for sure. If you don't want it to end you could give portal pro a go. I find it a fair bit harder and thee is a lot more logic needed.

Edited by Viperxtx

Yeah defs give portal prelude a go: Here

and if you haz telstra then here

Its pretty good but there are some levels that make you go: WTF do I do!

And yeah Portals pretty darn good since it was just a throw-in in the orange box - noone at steam though it would be a success hence the shortness of the game

Portal 2 should be awesome when it comes out now that steam had put together an awesome team - cant wait

From memory the Orange box was $30 at release, one of the best quality game packs to date.

Portal was great, but yeah, playing it so late you've kind of missed out on all the memes that go with it (like what cyber posted, lol)

maybe some games makers need to take a few pointers to from the people who made this as some of the recent games that i have played i only played through once and could not be bothered and playing through again or even trying to complete all of the games challenges

Yeah, freaking awesome, and glad everyone liked it as much as I did. Yeah sucks being late to the scene, but a well at least iam seeing the brilliance now.

Okay, so I've decided to track down half life 1 and 2, do they tie in and which should I be playing first, I've not read anything about them so I'll be new to that also, once again, pls no spoilers.

So the question is now 1/2 life or half life 2 next....

Welcome to 2007. Kevin Rudd says hi btw.

I think that comic makes a pretty good point - take all the good games and stretch them out, so you don't have these enormous gaps in your life where there is fuck all to play. Also, you have the benefit of hindsight, and know what eventually turned out to be crap when released.

Portal, an excellent game in 2007, an excellent game now. I love it

I think I may just have to go through it again soon, and get 2 of my mates who have it to play it (they got it when it was free, but haven't downloaded it...)

Yeah, freaking awesome, and glad everyone liked it as much as I did. Yeah sucks being late to the scene, but a well at least iam seeing the brilliance now.

Okay, so I've decided to track down half life 1 and 2, do they tie in and which should I be playing first, I've not read anything about them so I'll be new to that also, once again, pls no spoilers.

So the question is now 1/2 life or half life 2 next....

I'm waiting for Black Mesa Source, though I've already finished all HL2's

But in saying that, I'll do exactly what I did with any other game, if I watch or play the newer oens, I'll go back and do the lot again (aka Star Wars)

i have holidays coming up, and I'm thinking of doing the whole series (including the original GOTY pack with Opposing Force/Blue Shift)

Tbh I actually haven't got around to aquiring Portal either, although I will definitely get it soon

heck, it was free for a while.......

yeah, i got it when it was free, but didnt get to DL it until a while back due to DL cap. No matter though as i just bought the Orange Box today... (for 1/2 life 2) and downloading 1/2 life source as we speak to play that first....

and LOL cybes, that cartoon rocks!! :)

Edited by Vanne

and LOL cybes, that cartoon rocks!! :)

Cyberglitch is not me. At least, he wasn't last time I checked. ;)

Yeah I got told by some muppet that portal was only free to play for a week and I couldn't be fucked downloading it so I really missed out on that opportunity

no, it was free in the lead up to the release of the Mac steam client, as in, free to buy/keep.

if you missed out, then that sucks.

Perhaps they will release it for free in the lead up to Portal 2.

Meh i'm not that bothered anyway Smadge, of the Orange Box I only own TF2 so I will no doubt procure it during the end of year Steam sale

FWIW I didn't really like Half Life.

I did like the way it started - that was neat.

But after that I felt like I was on a 'rail shooter'. Bare in mind I was playing a lot of Tomb Raider at the time (IIRC?) and I was getting used to the whole concept of: "Go this way and we will shut a door behind you. Then we will keep you boxed up in this area until you have done step one-two-three then you go through the one way door...."

HL was very much like that for me. It pretended to be 'open' but wasn't. I didn't like that.